Immediate thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Immediate thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was a huge foul shot disparity in this game that made us look better than we were and we got the better of the calls. Memphis flat out outplayed us otherwise. Too many jump shots but what really hurt was the last shot clock violation. On a positive note our kids played their butts off to try to win this one.

Reaction Score
Facebook just gave us some mojo hope.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 88
Reaction Score
And you're a fn awipe and never say anything important so FO di**head

Tell me about the garbage at least instead of your usual worthless spewing? You're just a dope and a reply like this proves it all.

I don't start my own threads after every single game because I think I'm more important. You do.

Reaction Score
Even if we made the NCAA tournament this year, is this the team that could take down a top seed and win it all? Unlikely. This is not last years team as we know. I am ok with us missing out We won last year and I am still stoked about that. Can't win every year. Let someone else deal with the UK buzzsaw this year. We will sit this one out and re-tool for next year.

Any UConn fan who feels this way should forfeit the right to ever call as a "blue blood". No way would a blue blood accept this line of thinking.

It should make any UConn fan sick to their stomach to be sitting on the sidelines during March Madness. Regardless of what chance we have. I have been dreading it for 2 months now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
can't blame the fans tonight or this season... they've shown up and have been great... can't blame freet hrows the last several games. im liking hamiltons improvement with FT as well as purvis'

Reaction Score
On a night when Purvis played 28 minutes and scored 3 points someone has to score the ball besides Hamilton and Boat. We have no post game big man to score. We have a shot blocker which is valuable but who can grab an offensive rebound and lay it back in? More importantly, who will do it next year?

Reaction Score
How do we lose a game where we came back from 13 down to tie at halftime on senior night at Gampel? What a tough season this is. How many 1 or 2 point losses have we had? This game really annoyed the hell out of me, I had resigned myself last month that we were going nowhere. Then we win a few nice games, was pumped to watch this game, now it's 11:30 and I'm too pissed to sleep.
You lose the game with cold shooting and failing to get key rebounds. This team really teases you.

Reaction Score
I don't start my own threads after every single game because I think I'm more important. You do.

To be honest I don't even think about that, only a would be like that. Pretty much like a little dope who has to say anything about anyone starting Any thread. Not sure why someone would need to say that - let me guess? You're 5'1 125 soaking wet?

Really nyc you're a real ! Impressive

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We lost this game because of the 9pm start time. Its simple actually. Ollie and this team is 0-7 in games that start at 8:00pm or later.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I said it last week and I'll say it again.

The SMU game felt like the peak of the season. That was our national championship. Finally breaking the losing streak and winning against our new conference rival.

We saw what Purvis and Hamilton have in them. The whole team played well that game.

Truth is, we don't have a chance in the national tournament. This is a rebuilding year. Remember 2012 first round bounce? That's the type of season we are experiencing. I predict next year we can rack up some wins and maybe make some moves. But it's not this year.

Reaction Score
How do we lose a game where we came back from 13 down to tie at halftime on senior night at Gampel? What a tough season this is. How many 1 or 2 point losses have we had? This game really annoyed the hell out of me, I had resigned myself last month that we were going nowhere. Then we win a few nice games, was pumped to watch this game, now it's 11:30 and I'm too pissed to sleep.
2 points in the last 5 minutes will do it.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I don't think pastner is a good coach at all, but I thought he coached well tonight.
I'm not sure whether he's a good coach or not, but I'm sure of this . . . he was a better coach than Ollie tonight.

Reaction Score
Any UConn fan who feels this way should forfeit the right to ever call as a "blue blood". No way would a blue blood accept this line of thinking.
Who cares? It's an accurate thought that we're rebuilding and no threat to do anything in the touri.
Your point seems to be that you need to have irrational faith in the team to call UConn blue blood. That's just not logical.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Someone has to start a thread or there is no one for everyone else to post.....

Yeah, I kinda thought that was the purpose of a message board.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

Starting a thread means you think you're important? Damn, every message board poster out there must have a huge ego.

Reaction Score

It should make any UConn fan sick to their stomach to be sitting on the sidelines during March Madness. Regardless of what chance we have. I have been dreading it for 2 months now.

I hope you are taking your blood pressure medications on a regular basis because you may be on track for an untimely demise. Find a way to manage.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
This game showed me that Facey, Tsam and Omar are nothing more than absolute , ocassional minute players. They should never be thrust into certain situations. Their cameo Appearance guys. That's it. Their all below Niels, Austrie , Gavin , Kromah and other " role players". It's not their fault or "bad", its just the way it is.

Reaction Score
here are my random thoughts:
I agree with an earlier poster on Brimah. His problem(pick your poison) is that he either attempts to block or puts himself into position to block almost every shot in the paint. By doing so, he often leaves himself in poor rebounding position or flatfooted.

To slam Pastner after his team, down their best player, completely out willed, out worked, out any other word you can think of, at Gampel seems petty. He coached very well last night and the constant switches and double teams on Boatright worked like a charm.

I am very concerned for next year. Pieces are in place, but success is based on massive assumptions on player development that quite frankly, I am not sure can or will happen.

This brings back the SVP debate on Kansas vs. UConn. The premise of course is absurd because who wouldn't want the titles, but there is something to this. Before getting slammed, I understand we won two titles but the last five regular seasons have not been good. So really, going forward whats more sustainable? Two miracle runs in March or 5 more years of regular season mediocrity? My guess is if our next 5 are like our last 5 with no miracles in march, this place will be in total panic.

Reaction Score
Brimah flat out knows very little about basketball and isn't very good at it, unless he plays teams with 6-6 front courts. His defense is terrible, he goes for low percentage blocks, is never in position. Offense is awful, tries that goofy hook shot and it clanks badly.

I think he has potential, unlike Facey, but he's still a ways away.

Brimah is either going to block shots OR rebound, we can't realistically expect him to do both. If he goes for the block, there has to be weak side help. If not, its easy points and rebounds.

Reaction Score
(BRIMAH) He cant grab a rebound and has absolutely has no touch around the rim.
Definitely weak rebounder, but getting better.

You're wrong about touch. Kid has fantastic touch. Natural shooter. Great feel for the ball. He has trouble maintaining possession and getting off clean shots in traffic. NOT the same thing as touch, which he has. Once he learns to control his body and the ball after an O board, he'll be dynamite near the rim. Right now, he almost never gets a clean look after an O board because he brings the ball down and takes too long to get his shot off, resulting in hands everywhere getting on the ball/wrist and so on.

Reaction Score
here are my random thoughts: . . . My guess is if our next 5 are like our last 5 with no miracles in march, this place will be in total panic.
Really good post. Agree.

Reaction Score
Definitely weak rebounder, but getting better.

You're wrong about touch. Kid has fantastic touch. Natural shooter. Great feel for the ball. He has trouble maintaining possession and getting off clean shots in traffic. NOT the same thing as touch, which he has. Once he learns to control his body and the ball after an O board, he'll be dynamite near the rim. Right now, he almost never gets a clean look after an O board because he brings the ball down and takes too long to get his shot off, resulting in hands everywhere getting on the ball/wrist and so on.

Agree he has an excellent touch for a kid his size. He actually should shoot facing more than the back to the basket stuff which usually results in very little.

Not sure if he will ever be dynamite near the rim, he really has no feel for the game around him. Blocking shots, fantastic feel - actual defense and when to block out and go get a rebound (never mind reading it) - not so much.

Reaction Score
To be honest I don't even think about that, only a would be like that.
Agree with Mau - what the hell dude? What's the issue with him starting a thread? Don't post in it if you don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom