IMHO, Bouknight should not be considering the NBA this year. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

IMHO, Bouknight should not be considering the NBA this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are completely average NBA players earning $10m a year. Hell, there are average NBA guys making $18m a year. You can now earn generational wealth by being an average NBA player, back then that wasn't the case.
^This. If you can convince a team you’re worth 10-20 minutes per game during your rookie contract you can make 8-18 million a year. You can retire at 30 with over 80 million in career earnings and with right moves set up your great grand children as Trust Fund kids.

Reaction Score
^This. If you can convince a team you’re worth 10-20 minutes per game during your rookie contract you can make 8-18 million a year. You can retire at 30 with over 80 million in career earnings and with right moves set up your great grand children as Trust Fund kids.

Myles Turner aveages 12 ppg and 6 reb a game and is getting $18M per year over 3 years ($54M owed). Jeremy Lamb has 3 years, $31.5M deal and is a bench guard.

If Bouknight can have a Lamb career, and I thought Lamb would be better, he takes that hands down.

Reaction Score
Hurley used the term "immaturity" multiple times in his postgame comments so why get on HuskyinSC for quoting the coach whose job it is to develop JB? If you didn't watch the interview you should because it's the most I've heard a coach publicly call out a player in years, especially a high profile player.

I'm getting on him because its a borderline ridiculous take. Immaturity based off of his play? We're not talking about a senior, we're talking about a Wooden Award watch sophomore, 2 games into his 2nd season, while avg 19 ppg and 6rpg on 52% fg.

What more do ya'll want?

Reaction Score
let’s see how it plays out. uconn’s got a pretty solid schedule going forward

bouknight should avg 20 & 7 imo

Reaction Score
The NBA clearly prefers to draft younger players. Staying will hurt his stock because it delays his development as an NBA player. So long, 4 year players.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No, he got hurt as a junior. He was a 1st rounder if he left after the NC.

I love KEA but at his size and athleticism staying in the NBA was going to be tough.
I agree that he would have done better leaving after his sophomore year. I was going for a joke about height and weight.
But I don't think he was going to have a long career there.
Outstanding college player with physical limitations in my book

Reaction Score
Oh shut up, if Bouk has the opportunity to be a first round pick which he likely will be unless for an injury or falling off a cliff we need him to move on. UConn needs to start getting players into the NBA. It’ll be better for us if he is a lottery pick or top 20 pick over staying with us another year

Reaction Score
I'm getting on him because its a borderline ridiculous take. Immaturity based off of his play? We're not talking about a senior, we're talking about a Wooden Award watch sophomore, 2 games into his 2nd season, while avg 19 ppg and 6rpg on 52% fg.

What more do ya'll want?

I was quoting the head coach who pointedly called out JB several times and repeatedly using the words "immaturity, focus and playing a full game".
We all want JB to succeed and be drafted high but DH apparently sees something lacking that he's trying to get out of JB and I don't recall a coach so strongly calling out his star player. DH must believe he needs motivating or else JB will not be the player DH and everyone here hopes he'll be this season. And that could damage his draft position.

Reaction Score
He's mocked in the first round - everywhere - right now.

Yeaaaaa.....no.

By your own logic, as of this moment it makes entire sense. Literally right now he is predicted to be a first-round pick by... everyone.

View attachment 61867 View attachment 61868

google it. Right now. FIrst-rounder. So he doesn't need some major breakout, he just needs to perform at current expectations and then take his first ticket to millionaire-ville. In fact I would argue for his long-term success it makes more sense to be drafted into the middle/late stages. You land with a better organization with better chances of success and development and lower expectations.
Nothing bball wise to add to your post, but looking at that mock, imagine your name is David Duke and playing basketball in Brooklyn...smh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom