IMHO, Bouknight should not be considering the NBA this year. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

IMHO, Bouknight should not be considering the NBA this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
As has been explained to you several times, for NBA teams drafting on potential, the fact that he has demonstrated the ability to take over games is far more important than seeing him do it consistently. In either case, he's leaving after this season and getting drafted, and that's going to happen no matter how many times you post embarrassing screeds that show that you haven't learned anything new since the 90s.
Really! Please do yourself a favor and block me. I really won't put up with childish responses.

Reaction Score
Actually, yeah. And I love Caron. but if I remember correctly wasn't he an old sophmore?

Yes, and he struggled significantly through the first 10 games of that season.

Reaction Score
He's already the oldest player mocked in the Top 20. Staying another year would be idiotic. Hurley should kick him out the door in May.

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
My heart says stay, my brain says see you later.

The reality is that Bouk is a goner, and to enjoy every minute of him that we can. He's too skilled to pass up the NBA, also anything bad can happen so he shouldn't chance it.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
And 2 more in the next 25. Hurley said he should have had 34 point game. That indicates the lack of maturity that I mentioned. Perhaps Hurley coaches him up and he doesn't have any more games like this.

I was totally disappointed about the way James finished the game. That said, if you want to see a ‘lack of maturity’, look no further than #1 overall pick Anthony Edwards’ season last year at Georgia. James’ draft stock craters if he enters the draft 21+

Reaction Score
I read these also. His expectation in the Big East is second team all conference. If that pans out, do you still think he goes in the second half of the first round? Is he second team because some of the opposing coaches have an anti-UConn bias. I don't know. Just thinking?

I think you are misunderstanding the NBA DRAFT. It is an excercise in projection just as much as production.

Whether or not he is 2nd/1st team big east is in someways irrelevant to the discussion. If he meets expectations he'll be really good - and his projection as a scorer at 6'5 merits a mid 1st selection.

Reaction Score
And 2 more in the next 25. Hurley said he should have had 34 point game. That indicates the lack of maturity that I mentioned. Perhaps Hurley coaches him up and he doesn't have any more games like this.
Lack of maturity?
Like individually responding to all the people who have the opinion that you are wrong?

Reaction Score
Just about every scout says he will be NBA ready. Hurley will tell him to go pro, but the OP on this thread told him that he shouldn’t so I’m sure Bouknight will listen to him. At least wait till the season is over for this kind of thread lol.

It’s not as if you he shouldn’t leave you said he shouldn’t “consider” everyone should consider, I’m sure he was considering it last year probably was 70/30 on coming back for Sophomore year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My heart says stay, my brain says see you later.
Hearts need to be recalibrated. We need guys like Bouk to come and go in two years. That's the way the game is played now.

Reaction Score
Dude leaves Stanford early? Dayum. Hope he finishes his degree. I'd assume he will.

Reaction Score
I read these also. His expectation in the Big East is second team all conference. If that pans out, do you still think he goes in the second half of the first round? Is he second team because some of the opposing coaches have an anti-UConn bias. I don't know. Just thinking?
A guy went #4 overall who didn't even start on a mediocre SEC team, #5 was 2nd team SEC, #11 2nd team ACC, #12+14 no postseason selection (injured), #15 3rd team ACC...get the picture?

As has been beaten to death, NBA drafts on potential and bouk has it in spades

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
This draft is not weak.
Yeah, when I saw the title of the thread I thought the argument was going to be based on how strong this year's draft is going to be. It still would've been a weak argument but at least it would've shown some basketball knowledge.

Reaction Score
IMO..The train has left the station.. Enjoy Bouk this year.. Would be awesome to get 20-25 games out of the season pre-Tournament time to watch him evolve..

Reaction Score
This draft is not weak.
The 2020 NBA draft class is considered relatively weak at the top, I didn’t mean 2021 class because I don’t know who’s coming out but they have some talent but I think Bouk is one of the best with his athletic and scoring abilities

Reaction Score
It was weak bro.

Yes, the 2020 draft was weak, bro. That is also irrelevant to this discussion because Bouk is being drafted in 2021, bro. If you read the original comment it says 2020 and 2021 were weak, bro.

And I quote you, bro: "He will definitely be a first round for the fact this year draft will be weak like this past one we just had."

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I think you are misunderstanding the NBA DRAFT. It is an excercise in projection just as much as production.

Whether or not he is 2nd/1st team big east is in someways irrelevant to the discussion. If he meets expectations he'll be really good - and his projection as a scorer at 6'5 merits a mid 1st selection.
I understand what you are saying. I just kind of cling to what JC used to say. I thought it was good advice. My thinking could also be off because I don't enjoy the NBA and stopped following it years ago. the only person I know that got drafted last year was Zion. thanks for explaining.

Reaction Score
If doesn’t leave this year he will be considered too old by most GM’s.
This is true, unfortunately it’s the way things are now. He has leave this year. And I’m 100% confident he’ll have a great year and be a 1st round pick.

Reaction Score
Yes. Anthony Edwards was 2nd team All SEC and just went #1 overall

Reaction Score
I disagree on a few levels.

1. Bouk can do what he wants. I doubt the original poster or anyone disagrees with that
2. Young kids (I hate saying young kids) seem content to learn on the job in the NBA. I just dont think they want to be in college. I can't blame them.
3. The NBA game is changing. The college game is not. Or it's not changing as much. This point buttresses the previous point. Learn on the job. There certainly are skills to be learned in college, but more then ever before you are learning a different set of skills in college. You might as well be learning to play basketball they way you will be playing as a professional
4. This point has some political context to it. I apologize. I've become very discouraged with college sports and to a lesser degree college in general. It's all a sham. Our University system has been dumping highly indebt kids into the world with degree that dont pay any $$. The degrees being given to high profile athletes are largely of the non-paying types. If I were a parent with a kid with the skillset to be drafted first round (maybe even second) I probably wouldn't stop my kid if they wanted to go pro. I'd sorta want nothing to do with college corruption nonsense.
5. I'm also not convinced college helps that much. Or at least not as much as we once thought. Look at guys like Rodney Purvis. He milked college ball for all it's worth. It didn't get him much. He still didn't have the talent to make it as a pro. There are 100s of guys like that in college. College does provide needed exposure.... maybe that's it. If you have the exposure you probably have all you need from college. Bouk pretty much has that exposure. He definitely should have it by the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom