Imagine you're a 5 star recruit... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Imagine you're a 5 star recruit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Lots of good suggestions here. If Billy Donovan were still at UF that'd be hard to pass up. Duke would always be very hard to turn down. Coach K. UNC would be a good one, Arizona is a good one as well.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
why Miami? the other 3 I don't think need explanation.

I've lived in New England my whole life. I want Florida weather without but old folks or alligators in my back yard. I also have a weakness for Cuban food.

Reaction Score
Good question. I think it honestly depends if I'm the #1 prospect or in the 20-25 range.

If I'm #1, I can go anywhere ala Ben Simmons. I'll get the coverage and media to follow me.

If I'm not, I'm going where the most other good players are. I want to be good and surrounded by talent my freshman year. This maximizes my talent not only because of the practices but also just prestige by association. So the answer is probably Kentucky or Duke. I'd lean Duke for the degree.

Reaction Score
I've lived in New England my whole life. I want Florida weather without but old folks or alligators in my back yard. I also have a weakness for Cuban food.
Spent 4 years in college in Florida. There are better destinations but no getting around the good Cuban food.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
UCLA, no question. No real expectations from anyone, still get major exposure, play in the best city in the world with the best women, still get lottery pick attention and recognition.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
While a being 5 star recruit seems pretty cool, I prefer to imagine myself as Mandingo. There is only so much time in the day for daydreaming.

But yeah, I would go to Arizona or Texas (if you could somehow extract Austin from the rest of the State)

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Gonzaga. Spokane seems more my style than the beach towns and there's no other show in town so you truly own the campus. Their fan base is one of the best in CBB.

Reaction Score
Priorities would have been:
1) Great Coach
2) Can surround me with great talent
3) Quality of Degree
4) Weather

So my list: Duke (makes me fell dirty), UNC, Stanford, Yale (screw the coach, talent, and weather...it is Yale!), Univ. of Bevo (visit Austin just once and you will see).

Reaction Score
Priorities would have been:
1) Great Coach
2) Can surround me with great talent
3) Quality of Degree
4) Weather

So my list: Duke (makes me fell dirty), UNC, Stanford, Yale (screw the coach, talent, and weather...it is Yale!), Univ. of Bevo (visit Austin just once and you will see).

1) Great Coach - Duke
2) Surrounded with Great Talent - Kentucky

...I'm not off to a good start here

3) Quality of Degree - Stanford
4) Weather - Chaminade

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
1. Duke
2. Kansas
3. Stanford
4. Northwestern

Last: Cuse
Dead last: Rutgers

Reaction Score
1. Michigan St
2. North Carolina
3. Florida (would be more appealing if Billy D was still there)
4. Arizona

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If I'm a 5 star recuit, me and my dad are definitely visiting Louisville
who-thought-these-designs-were-a-good-idea-30-photos-3.jpg

Reaction Score
Probably Wisconsin. Madison is beautiful, love Bo Ryan, great fan base, pretty good football program as well which I count as a plus, my second favorite school in the country in general. Also up there would be UCLA: Can't be SoCal weather and girls and the education and history are great, also decent football program; Michigan State: Izzo, decent football program, good fans; ASU/U of A: coeds

Reaction Score
barring uconn (even objectively, who wouldn't want to play for kevin ollie??) i think cal, stanford, wisconsin, and harvard all seem like solid bets. maybe georgetown, but i am trying to stay the hell out of the south.

Reaction Score
1) Great Coach - Duke
2) Surrounded with Great Talent - Kentucky

...I'm not off to a good start here

3) Quality of Degree - Stanford
4) Weather - Chaminade

And you have your own great preseason tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom