OT: - I'm trying to buy a new car... | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: I'm trying to buy a new car...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Between the puns with players names and this, you'd think this board was full of middle school kids.

In fairness, that was the first thing I thought too. "Wtf is wrong with his Vag"?

Reaction Score
I have an Audi A4 bought for my granddaughter URI Nursing, an Audi S4 for me and an Infiniti G37x for wife. The cars are all very reliable and fun to drive. Especially the S4!

Reaction Score
I have an Audi A4 bought for my granddaughter URI Nursing, an Audi S4 for me and an Infiniti G37x for wife. The cars are all very reliable and fun to drive. Especially the S4!
Loved my A4, just a hassle to maintain and yes the FSI 2.0 engine burns oil.

Reaction Score
Get the bimmer. As I've noted before, I've gotten 250k miles out of all models that I've owned. Find a nonp-dealer shop. They are all over the place, and staffed by former dealer mechanics who are up on all the details.

Reaction Score
Make sure to avoid anything Honda that has the 1.5T . (Civic & CR-V). Gas is getting into the crank case and the Chinese government had to step in to make them fix it. There hasn't been a US recall yet but it's coming

crap, didnt know about this and was about to buy a CRV and possibly a Civic at the end of the month. Now I will have to do a hell of a lot more research it seems. GREATTTTTTTT............

Reaction Score
I'm old, so I've owned a lot of cars, even though my standard procedure is to drive them into the ground. The most disappointing new car I ever bought was a brand new, 2002, in 1972. I loved that car for about 20 minutes. In 130k miles, it went through 3 head gaskets, 1 radiator, 1 cam, 2 master cylinders, and a bunch of minor stuff.
yeah, but they run forever...

Reaction Score
Very reliable through 24000 miles.
Do you have a sunroof? Apparently some of them are coming off the tracks. That's the only major complaint I've seen.

Reaction Score
man, this thread has led me into a deep level of confusion research.

I was all set to just move back to the states and buy a CRV because that was the last car I had in the US and I liked it. But NOOOWWWWW......

Anyone want to tell me what CRV like vehicle I should buy instead?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I was all set to just move back to the states and buy a CRV because that was the last car I had in the US and I liked it. But NOOOWWWWW.

CR-V's are still plenty good.

Compared to what you owned on previous CR'V's newer ones get 30mpg, have all the technology and a stronger engine with a lower torque band that has a wider RPM range.

Competitors??? All over the place. Forrestors, CX-5, RAV-4, Tucson, etc. All of them are great vehicles, are plenty reliable and competitively priced. It comes down to preference.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

I was all set to just move back to the states and buy a CRV because that was the last car I had in the US and I liked it. But NOOOWWWWW.

Nissan Rogue

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

A vote for the Mazda CX-5 here. At least test drive it. I liked it over CRV, Rav4, and Forester at the time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

CR-V's are still plenty good.

Compared to what you owned on previous CR'V's newer ones get 30mpg, have all the technology and a stronger engine with a lower torque band that has a wider RPM range.

Competitors??? All over the place. Forrestors, CX-5, RAV-4, Tucson, etc. All of them are great vehicles, are plenty reliable and competitively priced. It comes down to preference.
Nissan Rogue
A vote for the Mazda CX-5 here. At least test drive it. I liked it over CRV, Rav4, and Forester at the time.

The compact SUV class is so easy to buy right now. It's almost impossible to pick poorly. All these models are selling 100k-300k per year. You can still go basic and stay below $25k new or touch $40k if you want to load them up with everything.

Test drive them all and find the one you like best.

Reaction Score

The Escape is the best value in it's class

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Where’s the guy who talked about going into the dealership for a used corolla and left with a brand new 4Runner? If I was getting the SUV I’d go 4Runner. They’re just so mean looking.

Reaction Score
Where’s the guy who talked about going into the dealership for a used corolla and left with a brand new 4Runner? If I was getting the SUV I’d go 4Runner. They’re just so mean looking.

A co-worker of mine had a 4 runner that was i think 3 years old with basically no miles on it and he wanted a pickup and they gave him 31k. He was surprised they offered him that high. It was loaded with everything sick car

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom