OT: - I'm trying to buy a new car... | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: I'm trying to buy a new car...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just curious do you have a 2018 jk or jl? Although I can easily believe that the 4 runner is better on road than even the jl.

I did read that the new JL is a huge upgrade on road. Skidpad went up a full tenth. I’ll go drive one before any decision.

Reaction Score
My car was delivered day before yesterday!

IMG_20180620_163558.jpg

Reaction Score
JL. 4Runner is still much better around town. I can’t remember what ride quality/noise dampening the Limited has over SR5, but I’d definitely pay attention to that.

Honestly, in terms of the ride, I don’t think the JL is that much better than the JK. The big thing is the transmission is better for highway driving.

Reaction Score
JL. 4Runner is still much better around town. I can’t remember what ride quality/noise dampening the Limited has over SR5, but I’d definitely pay attention to that.

Honestly, in terms of the ride, I don’t think the JL is that much better than the JK. The big thing is the transmission is better for highway driving.

I know this thread is old but I've had my JLU for about a month now, couldn't be happier! And with the soft top if you want to leave the top up and just take out the back window out you can achieve the same effect as the 4 runner with the beck window down. Obviously it's easier to just push a button but the window comes out manually in seconds. You can also take all 3 back windows out and leave the top up and ride around safari style. There is the sunrider position and lastly top all the way down. Not to mention the doors come off easily if you are into that. The ride is great much smoother than the Jk imo, easy to mod and lots of options already oin the aftermarket! Absolutely love it

Reaction Score
I’d never take off-road beyond driving on a beach or dirt road, but I like the idea of a four door, 4wd convertible. If I had a four car garage and lots of money I’d simply get a convertible and an suv separately.

I've always done that (conv and SUV) - put a cover on the convertible during the winter. Not cheap, but best of both worlds and allows you to get what you want in both cars.

Reaction Score
I know this thread is old but I've had my JLU for about a month now, couldn't be happier! And with the soft top if you want to leave the top up and just take out the back window out you can achieve the same effect as the 4 runner with the beck window down. Obviously it's easier to just push a button but the window comes out manually in seconds. You can also take all 3 back windows out and leave the top up and ride around safari style. There is the sunrider position and lastly top all the way down. Not to mention the doors come off easily if you are into that. The ride is great much smoother than the Jk imo, easy to mod and lots of options already oin the aftermarket! Absolutely love it

Yes, I’ve come to appreciate the JL more. My initial comparison between JL and JK ride quality may have been off due to the model and tires on the ones I drove. The JL’s highway ride is really quite good and we have a Rubicon with all terrain tires. It was still pleasant on a 3600 mile summer trip. My only wish is that the seats were a little softer. They are a bit hard for long drives. Then again, probably as comfortable as most non-luxury brand seats.

Reaction Score
Yes, I’ve come to appreciate the JL more. My initial comparison between JL and JK ride quality may have been off due to the model and tires on the ones I drove. The JL’s highway ride is really quite good and we have a Rubicon with all terrain tires. It was still pleasant on a 3600 mile summer trip. My only wish is that the seats were a little softer. They are a bit hard for long drives. Then again, probably as comfortable as most non-luxury brand seats.

I wish the was a dead pedal, but I can add one wherever. Sounds funny but my biggest gripe is how the water funnels into the cabin when you open the front doors while it's raining. I'm sure there will be a fix for it though. Love the jeep though. Wish I had the rubi!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom