I'm starting to think it isn't Ollie. | Page 10 | The Boneyard

I'm starting to think it isn't Ollie.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Jalen has thrown up 103 3 point attempts and shoots 31%. He shoots 40% from the field. These are not elite stats. I grant you that if he played with better players it could be different. Overall he’s a good player and a so so shooter.

Athlete = shooter? Scorer? Player?

Reaction Score
Romar team wasn’t it .. n they got a lot top talent to go there so to me chill did his job ...

NO. He didn't do his job at all. Bringing in top talent is only part of the equation. When you are the associate head coach, you should also be coaching and developing players in order to win games. Chili's teams have lost 25 of their last 36 games. Not exactly a success in my opinion.

Reaction Score
NO. He didn't do his job at all. Bringing in top talent is only part of the equation. When you are the associate head coach, you should also be coaching and developing players in order to win games. Chili's teams have lost 25 of their last 36 games. Not exactly a success in my opinion.
Do u put a lot of stock in someone being an associate coach .?? I don’t, either you’re the man or you’re not .. don’t you want to see us get top talent again ?? I mean he’s only been here for a year I think , that’s y I’m saying I want to see this through .. the guy he brought in developed to become a nba 1st overall pick as well as 2 other first round picks ... but I know all coaches are working with their players on and off the court

Reaction Score
Do u put a lot of stock in someone being an associate coach .?? I don’t, either you’re the man or you’re not .. don’t you want to see us get top talent again ?? I mean he’s only been here for a year I think , that’s y I’m saying I want to see this through .. the guy he brought in developed to become a nba 1st overall pick as well as 2 other first round picks ... but I know all coaches are working with their players on and off the court

The role of an associate head coach is much broader than simply being a recruiter. If his efforts don't translate into wins and success, is he really an effective part of the coaching staff? I am not trying to be harsh toward Chill, I just think our coaching staff as a whole is not very effective.

Watch 5 minutes of ANY ranked team and see how nicely they move the ball and the sets they run. Then compare that to a 5 minute UConn stretch. Our shooting woes are not solely because our guys can't shoot. Our guys also get worse looks than the guys on the good teams. That is a big part of coaching, whether it's the head coach or the staff as a whole.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The role of an associate head coach is much broader than simply being a recruiter. If his efforts don't translate into wins and success, is he really an effective part of the coaching staff? I am not trying to be harsh toward Chill, I just think our coaching staff as a whole is not very effective.

Watch 5 minutes of ANY ranked team and see how nicely they move the ball and the sets they run. Then compare that to a 5 minute UConn stretch. Our shooting woes are not solely because our guys can't shoot. Our guys also get worse looks than the guys on the good teams. That is a big part of coaching, whether it's the head coach or the staff as a whole.
Yeah I agree we need to be better at putting our guys in positions to score effectively , long droughts isn’t good for a lot of teams especially US but certain teams can get away with not scoring because of their defense like a Virginia, Cincinnati n so forth

Reaction Score
The way to end long droughts is to get to the FT line. There isn't a single UConn player who knows how to draw foul. Anderson is probably the only one who even tries to draw fouls. Vital gets to the line but it because he is aggressive not because he knows how to draw fouls.

Kemba could draw a foul in his sleep.

Reaction Score
Saw a picture of Larry Brown at Gampel today. Could he be in town mentoring Ollie or is it normal for him to be around?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom