I'm officially worried about the WVU game | The Boneyard

I'm officially worried about the WVU game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3 games between now and that game and you're worried about it? Do they have Boneyard terminals up at Huskies and Ted's these days?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Good point, as it's clear a team even as bad as USF's can spell trouble for us.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'm surprised you're not worried about St. Johns, Seton Hall, and Rutgers ... all of which come up first ... seeing as how terrible you think this team is.

Or is it just because WVU drubbed a terrible Nova team tonight?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
WVU (1/9) and @ND (1/14) are the big tests for January.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Well those three teams don't have Kevin Jones. I will allow that this team can probably eke out wins over those first three.

And if you want to argue against my assertion that this team played very poorly tonight, be my guest.

Reaction Score
you showed some promise with the practice reports posts, but you've digressed as a poster since then, fallen off of a cliff really. maybe the ego got too big too soon? take some time off and come back around September.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Time to take off the blinders, folks. As much as you want to hang on to last year's glory, it isn't last year anymore, and Kemba is gone. A performance like this against arguably the worst team in our conference indicates something is undeniably wrong with this team.

I mean if you were and OSU fan and you beat Nebraska or Northwestern by 3 points, wht would you think? If you were a UK fan and beat Tennessee by 3 points, what would you think? If you were a UNC fan and beat BC by 3 points, what would you think?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
PS baby sheep = lamb = jeremy lamb

for those who haven't gotten it yet

Reaction Score
I'm worried about the St. Johns game. New Years Eve at 12 PM. I'd be shocked if the team didn't come out flat for that one.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Time to take off the blinders, folks. As much as you want to hang on to last year's glory, it isn't last year anymore, and Kemba is gone. A performance like this against arguably the worst team in our conference indicates something is undeniably wrong with this team.

Do you post in anything other than theatrics?

Reaction Score

I mean if you were and OSU fan and you beat Nebraska or Northwestern by 3 points, wht would you think? If you were a UK fan and beat Tennessee by 3 points, what would you think? If you were a UNC fan and beat BC by 3 points, what would you think?

Do you remember how bad they looked at times last season?

Reaction Score

I agree, they should just end the season now.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Trust me, fellas, I want to be proved wrong. I'm just calling it like I see it where we stand right now.

Reaction Score

Serious question, how long have you been a UConn fan? I've been a fan since 94 and UConn teams with far more experience than this one have been putting in these kind of performances in yearly. The 08-09 Final 4 team had the same group together for 3 years, had 3 players who are now on NBA rosters and 3 other players who are playing some form of professional basketball and they had to hang on for dear life against Buffalo. As a UConn fan how can you not be used to this by now and how can you not know how to just enjoy the ride?

Reaction Score
Serious question, how long have you been a UConn fan? I've been a fan since 94 and UConn teams with far more experience than this one have been putting in these kind of performances in yearly. The 08-09 Final 4 team had the same group together for 3 years, had 3 players who are now on NBA rosters and 3 other players who are playing some form of professional basketball and they had to hang on for dear life against Buffalo. As a UConn fan how can you not be used to this by now and how can you not know how to just enjoy the ride?

This blows my mind. I wish I could like this post more.

Same happens every year, same meltdowns occur. People don't learn.

Reaction Score
Oh, and you knew all along that we were NC title contenders?

Yeah, I thought so.

Last year should have taught you that any Jim Calhoun team with this much talent is a contender.

Reaction Score
Oh, and you knew all along that we were NC title contenders?

Yeah, I thought so.

Hm.... I didn't see him say, or even imply, that anywhere in this thread. He asked if YOU remember how bad this team looked at times last year (i.e. losing 4/5 games prior to the BET). He never said anything about knowing they were NC title contenders all along.. he's simply saying, last year's team looked just as bad (if not worse) at times last season. This team is made up of underclassmen that are going to make mistakes. Heck, even upperclassmen make mistakes... it's called playing sports and being human. Get over it and enjoy the ride.. or stop watching cause clearly you seem to get upset/worked up rather than simply enjoying watching the team grow throughout the season.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
A team with one upperclassman that is still finding its identity just had a close game on the road against a school that ALWAYS is a bitch to play at their place, and reading some of the crap on here you'd think the world is coming to an end. Those of us who aren't panicking are simply taking the long view, realize the potential this group has, and are patiently waiting for our young talent to emerge and a team identity to take shape. It's not all that complicated, and if you've seen more than two seasons of college basketball you'd know this by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom