I'm officially worried about the WVU game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm officially worried about the WVU game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I remember a game against Seton Hall much later in the season last year where the team looked a lot worse than this, and needed a miraculous performance in the last 5 minutes from Kemba to squeak it out.

Uconn is, and always has been, about peaking in March and April. Go root for Syracuse if you want to see flawless basketball in December. Just make sure you're not watching in March, because it can get ugly.

Reaction Score
At this stage in the season I think calmer heads must prevail. We are a very young team with guys still feeling out their roles and grasping their identity and searching for leadership. This team will go as far as Bazz can take them.

If we're still playing like this on February 28th and not December 28th, I'd be very concerned. But a young team like this can develop a lot in two months.

Of course, even last year's team looked tty at the end of February and you saw what happened. Either way, there's no need to panic in December.

Reaction Score
And- if I was gonna worry it would be about the Johnnies and SHU- UWV is a long way away and we are playing two good teams before that game.

caw

Reaction Score
Guess the year and how far that team went:

Beat @Rutgers by 1
Beat @Rice by 9
Lost to unranked @Notre Dame
Beat @BC by 5
Beat unranked @Villanova by 1 in OT

OR
Beat Buffalo by 4 at home
Beat unranked Michigan by 8 at home
Beat unranked Notre Dame by 7 at home

OR
Beat New Hampshire by 7 at home
Beat South Florida by 5 in OT
Beat @Seton Hall by 2

OR
Beat LSU by 1 at home
Lost to unranked Cuse and @Villanova teams

OR
Lost to St Bonaventure by 18 at home
Lost to @Rutgers by 8
etc.

Fact of the matter is USF made a shot at the buzzer to bring it to 3. Sure it wasn't the best game, but it also never felt out of hand (USF had the lead for all of a minute in the second half). It's def not a game to hype up.

Oh, one more:
Beat UMass by 5
Beat Geogetown by 7
Beat @Seton Hall by 5
Beat Providence by 7
Beat Seton Hall by 1
Beat Gonzaga by 5
Beat Duke by 3

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
St John's isn't all that good this year. Or Rutgers. Huge talent differential

@SHU has the type of team that could matchup well and get hot as hell at home. A tough road game @USF was a good warm up for life on the road. I bet the opening lineup is handled differently :) @SHU

Classes and flu season havn't started yet......lingering aches and pains.....WVU and @ND and they could get bruised up some...

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Your posting history shows the indelible mark of youth.

Ah, youth. A teenagers mind is a crash of equal parts emotion and whim.

Learning patience, reflecting on what you see with the emotion turned down a notch, taking time to measure you responses - these are the marks of maturity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom