I'm not the guy who sends demanding emails to the AD | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I'm not the guy who sends demanding emails to the AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just sent one to Warde. It's a longshot that anything changes, but as many people as possible sending disgruntled letters couldn't hurt, and would be a reminder to the athletics office that the fans are, uh, "concerned about the direction of the program."

Fire PP/GDL.

Reaction Score
Mine will be sent within the hour. Just trying to make it fact-based and not an emotional rant

Reaction Score
I sent a respectful email expressing my disappointment in recent decisions.
No rant just requesting that if the strategic objective of UConn is to focus on continued academic excellence with athletics obtaining a "mid major" success-level in revenue sports, then it would be their courtesy to let the fanbase know so that we may adjust/temper expectations.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Shut up. PLEASE. Get therapy, do something.
Usually this is an appropriate reaction to fortebleedsblue (like after we eke out a win during a 7-8 win season). However this is not one of those times. forte is more right than wrong. Cinci now has a track record of maintained success through 3 coaches in the NBE and there is NO REASON UConn couldn't achieve a similar track record.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Usually this is an appropriate reaction to fortebleedsblue (like after we eke out a win during a 7-8 win season). However this is not one of those times. forte is more right than wrong. Cinci now has a track record of maintained success through 3 coaches in the NBE and there is NO REASON UConn couldn't achieve a similar track record.
Yes Cincy does have a track record. They also have done a few things to get there that many bone yard posters would view as beneath us; move home games nine hours drive time away; schedule home and homes with MAC & Sun Belt schools, schedule home and homes with BCS schools where the return home game is played at a reasonably local NFL stadium where the visiting fans match the home fans in numbers.

They came into the BE (one year after we did, with reasonable recent success in CUSA after decades of little to moderate success in many conferences) knowing they had to build and that they had to embrace the image of a program that needed to grow and needed to do the little things stated above (basically admitting that they were not yet Ohio St and that they may never be more than a school that on occasion could beat them) instead of claiming "Nippert is our home, if they won't play us here who needs them" or "we're a BCS school, BCS schools don't schedule home games 900 miles away".

After all, we had accomplished so much more than they had prior to 2005 (when they joined the BE). It absolutely was beneath us to take some of the steps that they took.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What does Howie have to do with this?

images

Coach P in this brief case I have $330,000, if you will only get the hell out, deal or no deal?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Mine will be sent within the hour. Just trying to make it fact-based and not an emotional rant

That's the challenging part. Looking up the offensive and defensive statistics made me emotional all over again.

Reaction Score
Not my letter to Ward but here's my take:

P was not among my choices when we were discussing replacements for HRCE. While I liked Randy and the team was well prepared, it seemed as if were were hitting a plateau in terms of talent and preparation, and frankly good fortune that translated into an opportunity for us to find the next head coach to take us to the next level. Hearing the name PP come up and remembering his exit from Syracuse years earlier, I was surprised and frankly a little worried. By the time his local contacts finished lobbying it was a done deal.

I was prepared to support P and measure my criticism and did fairly well for the first year. His first presser alleviated some of my fears about age and energy. He was an experienced, accomplished local guy with national and professional contacts. Recruiting even started looking up. He mostly got a pass on the rigors of transitioning to a new system.

When year 2 began we seemed to have a lot to look forward to. A solid core of returning D and some returning and added skill guys on offense. Big questionmarks on the line that I kept harping on all summer. The o-line coach had work to do. But when this year began to resemble the same disorganized, unprepared and archaic model as last my hopes quickly evaporated. Criticism turned sharper, and while I tried to avoid calling for P's replacement until the end of the season, I had to fold to retain my own sanity.

What kills me is that everyone from the die-hard to the casual fan seems resigned to the futility of this experiment, yet the press and our AD continues to tow the line of a sinking ship. It's dragging everyone down and could damage the brand for decades! And everyone/anyone who thinks it's an article of faith to keep a guy for at least 2 years because he's won more than 2-3 games ignore both their eyes and the actions of other AD's around the country. Coaches have been let go in that time period or sooner. And the NC State's coach went 7-5 this year. Where is he now?

Wait and see isn't working. Even if it did we've already seen and it's pretty clear that waiting will only entrench our mediocrity in the eyes of fans, recruits, other schools and more importantly potential conference destinations. Our AD has only been here a short time and the prism of experience has been as a middling program with similar results. Over the last few decades we've experienced a steady upward trajectory in football as well as other sports and academically. It's what we believe in and who we are. Anything less than a commitment to those objective and competitive measures is just not acceptable in the long term or more importantly, at this crucial juncture.

Reaction Score
I'll give them til Monday before I go nuts.

Where are those couple of Pasqualistas who demanded our opinions of P & D change after the Ville game? It is so obvious this program is going nowhere but backwards under P.

It's always good to keep an open mind until you feel your sanity is being threatened.

Reaction Score
Guys, I think the emails need to go to Susie. Warde has proven time and time again he is her puppet, he hasn't made a decision since he's been here

Reaction Score
I sent what I felt was a very rational email this weekend. I tried to keep it as short as possible. I failed. I wanted to send an official letter, but given where I am, an email would be more timely.

Below are the contents.

"I am writing to you in an effort to convey my displeasure and general concern in the current state of the University of Connecticut Football program. I urge you to give every possible consideration in upgrading the leadership of this fine program.

I have no official connection to the University other than the fact that I am lifelong resident and fan of the school and its various athletic programs.

I am very concerned and I have serious questions going forward about the viability of Paul Pasqualoni as the principal figure of our program. I think that UConn realistically will never draw the top flight talent across the board that a Michigan or Texas might. This means that our coaching staff must be on the very cutting edge at all times in order for our program to compete at an elite level.

Based upon our current results, I don’t believe that the football staff is functioning on the cutting edge. The team finished ranked #101 in the Sagarin Rankings, the offense was statistically #109, and the team lost to Western Michigan who finished the year ranked #114. UConn’s offense has never been explosive, but we could always count on a solid running game and an offensive line that could impose its will on the other team. All of this has now evaporated into thin air. I believe that allowing this staff to continue on its present course would not be a very good demonstration of a commitment to compete at the highest level.

The level of fan enthusiasm at the moment that I am sensing is at an all time low. Sales of season tickets are at an all time low. The level of fan unease is also at an all time high.

I would encourage you to address these issues with the football program and address them with the public. It is incredibly important that you articulate your vision to the fan base as we navigate through these troubled waters.

Thank you for spending a few moments of your valuable time reading my concerns."

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I got a very polite response from Mr. Manuel this morning a bit after 7:00am EST. It looks like he actually read the entirety of my e-mail but of course, no indication of any pending changes.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I got a very polite response from Mr. Manuel this morning a bit after 7:00am EST. It looks like he actually read the entirety of my e-mail but of course, no indication of any pending changes.
What did he say in his response?

Reaction Score
I received a response as well. It was personalized and there is no way he didn't read every word. Very classy.

Reaction Score
I received a response as well. It was personalized and there is no way he didn't read every word. Very classy.

That is good to hear. Good to see Warde responding personally to these emails.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Yep, completely agree. I can't imagine how many e-mails this guy gets a day but this time of year you have to think it is quite a few.

The key paragraph of what I received and what was likely the "form" part was:

"I can assure you that I share your concern about the performance of the football team over the past two seasons. Coach Pasqualoni, the coaches and student-athletes understand that they have to perform better than they have the past two years and they are working to improve in all facets of our program."

Reaction Score
Yep, completely agree. I can't imagine how many e-mails this guy gets a day but this time of year you have to think it is quite a few.

The key paragraph of what I received and what was likely the "form" part was:

"I can assure you that I share your concern about the performance of the football team over the past two seasons. Coach Pasqualoni, the coaches and student-athletes understand that they have to perform better than they have the past two years and they are working to improve in all facets of our program."

LOL. I had the same exact paragraph as well. There was more to it than that however.

Reaction Score
That means we are stuck with him for another year. There was clearly some copying and pasting involved in these responses. :p

Reaction Score
That means we are stuck with him for another year. There was clearly some copying and pasting involved in these responses. :p

I don't blame him. But that's a good sign because it means he's getting a ton of emails. Not all was copy and paste.

Reaction Score
I don't blame him. But that's a good sign because it means he's getting a ton of emails. Not all was copy and paste.
I know not all was. But we're stuck with PP for another year. That is going to be earth-shattering to some people here. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yup, another year of PP ahead.

I came to that conclusion yesterday when Coach P held his conference call. Anyone who is still hoping for a change at the top is doing that in vain at this point.

I suspect that we may not see any major changes to the staff until after signing day. Can't see them jettisoning recruiters coming down the stretch.

Welcome back to the frustrating land of two consecutive losing seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom