I'm not a "UConn back to the BE" guy, but . . . | Page 7 | The Boneyard

I'm not a "UConn back to the BE" guy, but . . .

Reaction Score
Gonzaga has. Memphis? Not so much.
Wrong my guy! Memphis made NCAA 9 of 11 times from 2002-2012 while in USA. Joined AAC and made it once. And that was the first Year

Reaction Score
Wrong my guy! Memphis made NCAA 9 of 11 times from 2002-2012 while in USA. Joined AAC and made it once. And that was the first Year

& UConn won a national championship in the AAC (with players who were ranked lower than recent classes!) but since then these programs have just gone downhill.

Also, let's be real: Calipari and some truly sleazy methods were responsible for what Memphis did. There's a reason why the NCAA wiped out the Memphis records you speak of (2002-2012). It's because the players weren't even qualified.

Reaction Score
UCF went undefeated in a very good football conference and wasn't even allowed into the playoffs. If that's the case, then why bother being an FBS school? If winning doesn't actually matter, and even if you do win, you're going to get machine gunned by P5 loaded selection committees, then what on earth are we doing in FBS and why are we bothering?

I'm fine with going back to the Big East.

Reaction Score
UCF went undefeated in a very good football conference and wasn't even allowed into the playoffs. If that's the case, then why bother being an FBS school? If winning doesn't actually matter, and even if you do win, you're going to get machine gunned by P5 loaded selection committees, then what on earth are we doing in FBS and why are we bothering?

I'm fine with going back to the Big East.

So we can get into the ACC, eventually. Or the breakup of the B12 when we join up with the flotsam of West Virginia, Kansas St., Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU and maybe Kansas.

Reaction Score
& UConn won a national championship in the AAC (with players who were ranked lower than recent classes!) but since then these programs have just gone downhill.

Also, let's be real: Calipari and some truly sleazy methods were responsible for what Memphis did. There's a reason why the NCAA wiped out the Memphis records you speak of (2002-2012). It's because the players weren't even qualified.
Again your wrong on a few accounts but, I’ll digress since were both fans. No need to go back and forth But Ollie must do something with his own players playing his style so us fans can be content

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
It is the preface that gets me.
UConn's-admittance would be an attempt to ruin one of the few things that are pure and good in the world?
I thought the Vineyard was dramatic!

It is a good thing there has never been a scandal attached to a Catholic institution.
"The Vineyard"?

Reaction Score
This is wishful thinking.

I'm not the only one who thinks it's 50/50 the B12 breaks up. Plenty of ADs are on the record as saying there will probably be a big shakeup in 2024. Just what do you think they're anticipating? I think it is Texas and Oklahoma moving.

Reaction Score
They are right. Uconn to the Big East is the smartest move they can hope to make. Mens basketball is what made Uconn significant. Don't let it wither on the vine. It won't take long for the brand to devolve to the point that the big East would just say Naaah. We're good. Uconn football is New Hampshire propped up and trying to be Rutgers. .

Reaction Score
They are right. Uconn to the Big East is the smartest move they can hope to make. Mens basketball is what made Uconn significant. Don't let it wither on the vine. It won't take long for the brand to devolve to the point that the big East would just say Naaah. We're good. Uconn football is New Hampshire propped up and trying to be Rutgers. .

Didn't know New Hampshire had 20+ players in the NFL.

Reaction Score
Seth Greenberg is a fan/friend of Kevin Ollie, so he’s blaming the conference. The question still remains, “why aren’t we kings of this lesser conference”?

Reaction Score
Lets say UConn left the AAC, joined the BE for basketball and was left independent for football. UMass and Army are already independent. That is three teams right there. Who else might be willing to join them to form a small 1A football conference and what is the minimum number of teams for it to make sense?

Would Cinci be willing to leave the AAC too? Would the Big East be willing to take them for basketball? Same with Navy and Temple. Would Nova want to upgrade and join this football conference? Butler?

This is similar to what I tossed out there before except the BE is a home for basketball and olympic sports and a new and separate conference is formed for football only. Just a thought.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Too much wine? No. Autocorrect for The Boneyard.

We are presently awash in a lot of bad whine here at The Vineyard...MD 20, Boone's Farm Apple, Thunderbird, Manischewitz, you name it. Grab that bottle in the unmarked brown paper bag and logon.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I wish a miracle football solution would fall into our lap, because with virtually every big university trying to get out of the AAC, it’s only a matter of time until this conference gets even worse in football anyway.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lets say UConn left the AAC, joined the BE for basketball and was left independent for football. UMass and Army are already independent. That is three teams right there. Who else might be willing to join them to form a small 1A football conference and what is the minimum number of teams for it to make sense?

Would Cinci be willing to leave the AAC too? Would the Big East be willing to take them for basketball? Same with Navy and Temple. Would Nova want to upgrade and join this football conference? Butler?

This is similar to what I tossed out there before except the BE is a home for basketball and olympic sports and a new and separate conference is formed for football only. Just a thought.

You want to throw together a pile of crap as a landing spot for football? If that's the option, cancel football program. Took a big swing and missed.

The AAC's not a bad football conference, why would teams want to leave for a worse one? The AAC isn't a bad spot for teams like Cinci. Why would they leave for a worse situation?

Nova didn't upgrade for the Big East, they aren't gonna do it for the PoC conference.

Bottom line: these multi conference solutions are non starters. The only schools that want them are looking to bide time to get into the P5. Nobody else is interested in that.

Reaction Score
I dunno, maybe it's just me - but the AAC is actually a GOOD football conference, I think. UCF has stepped up. Memphis has gotten better. Cincinnati is solid. East Carolina is solid. Navy is good.

I mean honestly us and Tulane are the only teams in the conference.

And i mean - everyone else is getting better.

Reaction Score

No. Lol. That's just recreating a form of AAC all over again. Uconn can leave football in AAC and move all Olympic sports to Big East

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No. Lol. That's just recreating a form of AAC all over again. Uconn can leave football in AAC and move all Olympic sports to Big East

Except that neither conference wants that. Only UCONN does. Nobody want our football program. And the BE doesn't want to have that Albatross around it's neck if UCONN then gets a P5 invite at a later date.

Reaction Score
You people can be dense at times.

1. The AAC sucks for basketball and, supposedly, it is, and will continue to, drag us down. In other words, we can't stay here if we give a crap about basketball.
2. We care about basketball. A lot. We are a basketball school, like, you know, the Big East schools.
3. The AAC sucks, in general, because it is spead all over the damn place. Travel sucks for all sports. Rivalries are non-existant.
4. AAC football is not as good as you guys are trying to make it out to be. Its undefeated champion couldn't even get invited to the championship series..
5. Does it matter if we end up in an even worse football conference? Why? We are a basketball school and our current football conference isn't even that great. Whatever.
6. I, and many others, could care less if we dropped football entirely. If we want to keep football because we like it like we like, say, tennis, does it matter if the conference is any good?
7. If we even want to stay 1A to keep us in the running for a P5 conference, does it really matter if we are in a mediocre or slightly more mediocre conference? If we get an invite, it won't be for our football prowess.
8. We are a basketball school.
9. We are a basketball school.
10. WE ARE A DAMN BASKETBALL SCHOOL!

Reaction Score
I dunno, maybe it's just me - but the AAC is actually a GOOD football conference, I think. UCF has stepped up. Memphis has gotten better. Cincinnati is solid. East Carolina is solid. Navy is good.

I mean honestly us and Tulane are the only Shittu teams in the conference.

And i mean - everyone else is getting better.

I think you meant Tulsa is crappy. Tulane has actually been OK. And you forgot to list USF and Houston who have been very very good.

East Carolina is just as crappy as UConn right now. Only Tulsa is worse than both.

Cincy is no great shakes either. These 4 comprise the bottom of the conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom