I'm Mad As Hell, and I'm Not Going to Take This Anymore!!!! | The Boneyard

I'm Mad As Hell, and I'm Not Going to Take This Anymore!!!!

?

• I'm Mad as Hell and I'm Not Going to Take This Anymore!!!!

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • I'm an insult to the mojo gods

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's conference realignment. Everybody's in the American or the New Big East or scared of losing their spot in the ACC. Calhoun retired, the roof of Gampel is peeling, Paul Pasqualoni. We need the mojo more than ever this year and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the basketball program can go either way and our football program is in real trouble, and we sit watching laptops while some basement dwelling hillbilly tells us that today we were passed by 15 directional Florida schools and sixty-three AD’s think we aren’t worth a damn, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my DVR and my TV and my message board and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about realignment and the football schedule and the Montrezl Harrell and the fact that we have to play Memphis again @ Fed Ex. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, ‘We’re UCONN, God damn it! WE HAVE VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the AAC and Pitino and our lack of an inside game. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

Reaction Score

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's conference realignment. Everybody's in the American or the New Big East or scared of losing their spot in the ACC..........

I applaud your efforts, and voted for being mad as hell, but must note that someone must be reallyyyyyy bored at work this morning. Or taking a day off for the Irish flu.

Reaction Score
Valium.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. OkForPrez, and I won't have it! Is that clear? You think you're merely instigating public dissension against conference realignment. That is not the case! The NCAA has taken billions of dollars out of this collegiate sports, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance! You are an old man who thinks in terms of traditional rivalries and teams. There are no rivalies. There are no teams. There is no Syracuse. There are no Cameron Crazies. There are no mid-majors. There is no AAC. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multimedia dominion of dollars. NBA-dollars, ESPN-dollars, CBS-dollars, TBS-dollars, AAU-dollars, and Turkish League lira. It is the media conglomerate system of currency which determines the totality of life in college basketball. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU... WILL... ATONE! Am I getting through to you, Mr. OkaForPrez? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about the NCAA and what's fair. There is no NCAA . There is no fair. There is only ESPN, and CBS, and NBC, and TBS, TNT, the Tru Channel and SNY. Those are the nations of the world today. What do you think ESPN talks about in their board meetings, John Wooden? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do. We no longer live in a world of teams and ideologies, Mr. OkaForPrez. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world of college sports is a business, Mr. OkaForPrez. It has been since John Calipari crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. OkaForPrez, to see that... perfect world... in which there are no poor OOC schedules or bad first-round matchups, power conference oppression or envy. One vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all ADs, coaches and players will work to serve a common profit, in which all men involved in college athletics will hold a share of stock. All necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. OkaForPrez, to preach this evangel.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
An apathetic place, the yard is these days. For Christ sake I called Ratface a better coach than Calhoun and nary a peep was heard from the masses save for one or two people. Truly pathetic. You cant even troll this place for mojo anymore.

Anti-mojo is this years mojo. Whoever referenced the Higgs Boson was entirely correct. Out is the new in ... and I'm in.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. OkForPrez, and I won't have it! Is that clear? You think you're merely instigating public dissension against conference realignment. That is not the case! The NCAA has taken billions of dollars out of this collegiate sports, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance! You are an old man who thinks in terms of traditional rivalries and teams. There are no rivalies. There are no teams. There is no Syracuse. There are no Cameron Crazies. There are no mid-majors. There is no AAC. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multimedia dominion of dollars. NBA-dollars, ESPN-dollars, CBS-dollars, TBS-dollars, AAU-dollars, and Turkish League lira. It is the media conglomerate system of currency which determines the totality of life in college basketball. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU... WILL... ATONE! Am I getting through to you, Mr. OkaForPrez? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about the NCAA and what's fair. There is no NCAA . There is no fair. There is only ESPN, and CBS, and NBC, and TBS, TNT, the Tru Channel and SNY. Those are the nations of the world today. What do you think ESPN talks about in their board meetings, John Wooden? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do. We no longer live in a world of teams and ideologies, Mr. OkaForPrez. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world of college sports is a business, Mr. OkaForPrez. It has been since John Calipari crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. OkaForPrez, to see that... perfect world... in which there are no poor OOC schedules or bad first-round matchups, power conference oppression or envy. One vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all ADs, coaches and players will work to serve a common profit, in which all men involved in college athletics will hold a share of stock. All necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. OkaForPrez, to preach this evangel.

Reaction Score
I was thinking of risking my solid ESPN "Streak for the Cash" winning streak on Memphis not UConn tomorrow night. After reading this I am taking my pick off Memphis. The MoJo gods have spoken sent to us by OkaForPrez! lol

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
C'mon, kids. These forced attempts at being Makers Muppet v2.0 are weak sauce.

From the guy who gave us Animal House. If that wasn't Muppet retread I don't know what is. But I do know one thing, you are laying down on the job my friend.

Weak sauce indeed. The emperor wears no clothes. If some here want to chalk it up as your anti mojo genius, so be it. But me? I cal BS.

Reaction Score
From the guy who gave us Animal House The Original Dukie Five, Oklahoma Eric, Jason, WINNING and THREE NATIONAL TITLES. If that wasn't Muppet retread I don't know what is. But I do know one thing, you are laying down on the job my friend.

Weak sauce indeed. The emperor wears no clothes. If some here want to chalk it up as your anti mojo genius, so be it. But me? I cal BS.

Fixed.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Fixed.

Rule #1 of the mojo is if you believe it effects it, than it does. And if I have to be the one to show everyone here just how little you're doing this year, so be it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm not doing "little", I'm doing nothing.

Just like K did nothing at the end of '99 title game. Instead of calling timeout and running a play he did nothing and told trajan to try and take the best on the ball defender pretty much ever. We know how that turned out.

Your transformation to the JC of mojo to the Krzyzewski of mojo is complete.

Deepster posts for relationships.

I like where this is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member