I'm holding my nose and rooting for Puke against Syrexcuse tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm holding my nose and rooting for Puke against Syrexcuse tomorrow

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This logic seems backwards. You're supposed to hate the people above you on the food chain.

Besides, Syracuse is a lot more like us than UNC or Duke. I have nothing but contempt for those two, ACC invite notwithstanding.

(You know what I might have talked myself out of this)

Familarity breeds contempt

It's a saying for a reason

Reaction Score
How could anyone root for Syracuse over Duke?

Duke is totally hateable, I get it. I dont like them either. But its fricking Syracuse!!

UConn fans hatred of Duke comes from some kind of insecure "I have a small penis" new england thing.

I mean it must.

We have played Duke less than 10 times in our HISTORY. Do you think Duke thinks of us a the most hated team in College, or are threatened by us?

THey arent.

Grow up.

Syracuse has been a hated, heated Rival going on 30 YEARS. most of them in the same conference fighting for a top spot playing 2-3 times a YEAR.

You people with your hatred of Duke that overwhelms Syracuse hatred need to re-examine why you are basketball fans.

Live in NC for years and worked in a office full of Dukies.....they most certainly were threatened by us. Especially when we meet in the tourney. F Cuse. F Duke.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How could anyone root for Syracuse over Duke?

Duke is totally hateable, I get it. I dont like them either. But its fricking Syracuse!!

UConn fans hatred of Duke comes from some kind of insecure "I have a small penis" new england thing.

I mean it must.

We have played Duke less than 10 times in our HISTORY. Do you think Duke thinks of us a the most hated team in College, or are threatened by us?

THey arent.

Grow up.

Syracuse has been a hated, heated Rival going on 30 YEARS. most of them in the same conference fighting for a top spot playing 2-3 times a YEAR.

You people with your hatred of Duke that overwhelms Syracuse hatred need to re-examine why you are basketball fans.
People in the Southeast hate Duke more than people in New England. So have you measured their phalluses as well? Can you equate both regions in Hilton measurements?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This logic seems backwards. You're supposed to hate the people above you on the food chain.

Besides, Syracuse is a lot more like us than UNC or Duke. I have nothing but contempt for those two, ACC invite notwithstanding.

(You know what I might have talked myself out of this)
They actually voted for UConn to the ACC over Louisville. That has to count for something.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
People in the Southeast hate Duke more than people in New England. So have you measured their phalluses as well? Can you equate both regions in Hilton measurements?

You mean people who play Duke more than 10 times in 52 years? Im sure they're hung.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kind of pathetic when this cuse team is your best win. Saying this as a cuse fan.
Kind of pathetic anyone is a Cuse fan or a Puke fan

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The only delight I'm going to get is knowing one of them has to lose. And that is a distant second if it were possible that both could lose.

All kidding aside I don't care who wins or loses because there is no value for UConn. Any gain by a Cuse victory is offset by Cuse competing for a bubble position.

We had a decent rivalry with Syracuse in the OBE. It would have been a great rivalry but Syracuse fans were stuck in the nostalgia of the early BE when they, Nova, St. Johns and Georgetown were the aristocrats of the league. Those fans struggled acknowledging UConn became more successful than Syracuse the past two decades.

It's on record that Duke wanted UConn in the ACC over Louisville. So that mitigates some of the animosity I bear towards the relative unfairness Dukie V provided that program relative to other successful programs. If any alumnus or fan promoted their school the way Dukie V promoted Duke the NCAA would have considered it a violation. That free publicity had to help Duke and coach K with recruiting.

If someone can see the future and tell me that a Cuse victory gets them in to the NCAA, that UConn will win the AACT and all this leads to the NCAA scheduling a play in game between UConn and Syracuse, I would pull for Cuse to win. Outside of that scenario I don't care.

Reaction Score
They actually voted for UConn to the ACC over Louisville. That has to count for something.
Absolutely. Not only did they support UConn to the ACC, but Syracuse actively lobbied against UConn, I believe. I hope Duke crushes them.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Absolutely. Not only did they support UConn to the ACC, but Syracuse actively lobbied against UConn, I believe. I hope Duke crushes them.
It was BC I believe. Not sure about Syracuse.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It was BC I believe. Not sure about Syracuse.
I understood it was Fla St, Clemson, BC and Pitt who blocked UConn
While I detest Cuse I don't think they were against it

Reaction Score
Considering they went 7 minutes without a bucket in the first half, being down only 2, 44-42 is not so bad for the cuse.

Reaction Score
Damn, that Gillon dude went off. Pretty insane shot to finish it.

Reaction Score
Just watch. They will get creamed by L'ville in the next game and go down in crushing, devastating defeat (close game) to gtech to end the regular season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom