Illinois prediction | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Illinois prediction

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
It’s going to be a horrible Saturday if it’s anything like Thursday. Big bad blowout.

49 - Illinois
9 - UConn

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
there will be less than 10k in the stand by the end of the 3rd quarter.
Illinois 42
UConn 14

Reaction Score
There is zero evidence that Steven Krajewski was "mismanaged" last year. More likely a kid who wasn't close to being ready was protected from getting his bell rung for no reason.

Maybe Steven Krajewski needs to show more in practice before he sees the field, but I get it, everyone always assumes the back QB is better than the starter. When Donovan Williams took over for Shirreffs three years ago he just lit up the field didn't he?
Everything I read from the writers last season Steven Krajewski was very impressive as a freshman during practice. He also looked pretty confident in the little time he got against Temple. . As far as being “mismanaged” my only complaint is that he should’ve Gotten some garbage time in three other games. Unfortunately, Williams didn’t have the luxury of the four game rule back then and they kind of threw him to the wolves. If Williams could’ve got four games his freshman year, who knows, he might still be a QB. To be honest, I just want, whoever is under center, to spread the field and be able to keep their defense honest. This will help our running backs and give us a more balanced attack instead of being so one dimensional.

Reaction Score
better than the 63-3 score I read. Some people want to be miserable

We are miserable. If you’re truly a UConn fan, then so should you. We would get destroyed by just about every team in the FBS. The product we’ve been seeing on the field is embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Illinois looked very good. Clearly much better athletes - bigger, faster, stronger. Our LBs will get destroyed. Our DLine will do okay. Run, Run, quick out pass plan will be a disaster. 48-7.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As long as we come out and play with some pride, we've got a chance. We do that I see a time expiring game winning FG. Huskies win 21-20

7 field goals? 2 tds and 2 safeties and a fg?

3 tds and 3 missed conversions and a fg?

18 isn’t an easy number to sit on

Reaction Score
One thing I noticed is Illinois O and D line seem to play angry. Hope our boys are ready to match the intensity. If we can't win the LoS on either side.. early curtains

Reaction Score
I have been saying since mid-summer that I thought Illinois could well be one of the Huskies' 3-4 wins this season. Mainly because the Illini are a Lovie Smith team that has under-achieved and they will be playing at the Rent. After Thursday night I am no longer so sure. But I won't give up on UConn just yet. I say it will be an ugly, close, controversial win on a field goal with less than a minute remaining.

Huskies 16
Illini 14

Reaction Score
I have been saying since mid-summer that I thought Illinois could well be one of the Huskies' 3-4 wins this season. Mainly because the Illini are a Lovie Smith team that has under-achieved and they will be playing at the Rent. After Thursday night I am no longer so sure. But I won't give up on UConn just yet. I say it will be an ugly, close, controversial win on a field goal with less than a minute remaining.

Huskies 16
Illini 14
Both teams on balance have good defenses, UConn though has the better offensive line. Illinois though has the better QB, at least right now. I do agree that it will be a low scoring game. UConn has a chance but absolutely can't have any turnovers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom