Illinois prediction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Illinois prediction

Reaction Score
Let’s see how they do against Akron. I’m hoping they blow them out and completely overlook us as that is our only chance of winning even with a few weapons missing last night.

I’m not sold on the idea of P5 wins.

If Edsall’s plan was to not expose anything in hopes that we would win and Illinois doesn’t know what to prepare for then I am all for shocking the world and starting off 2-0.

Reaction Score
To beat Illinois Beaudry will have to play much better. It's still very early for him. I do think we'll be competitive in that game.

Indiana the following week could be a disaster.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If Kofi plays, Illini romps
ooops - wrong site

Too early to tell but the QB play has to improve and the ground game only strategy will be a loser
If Beaudry can't or isn't allowed to throw early and often then get Steven Krajewski in there
Illinois is going to be keying in on the UConn run game and their guys are bigger and faster than Wagner

Reaction Score
UConn played slow last night against a bad Wagner team, especially the d-line and Beaudry. I liked what I saw from Morgan, Thompkins and Drayton. Though it won’t be enough to win anymore games. Mensah was ok. This team is far far away from being competitive.

51-7 Illinois

Reaction Score
Illinois 63
Uconn. 3

Year three.of RE2.0.
Two more years of this.... until his contract is up?.

Reaction Score
52-17 Illinois. Steven Krajewski does not get a snap.
If they are down 28-0 in the first half, and Steven Krajewski doesn’t get a snap, I wouldn’t blame the kid if he put his name in the transfer portal. Edsall mismanaged him last year and it looks like he’s doing it again.

Reaction Score
It is not too early to say it might the most important game in Randy’s second tenure with this team. Back to back blowouts in the next two weeks, I believe creates a situation akin to Pasqualoni in 2013-his own Molotov cocktail of disaster. And then....here we go again.

Reaction Score
14-0 Illinois at the half. Edsall is still coaching scared and Lovie Smith's fine with it. On pace to be one of the fastest games in recent memory. UConn receives the ball to start the second half and leads a 14 play 10 minute drive into the red zone resulting in a turnover. Illinois scores at the end of the third, Edsall stops being soft in the 4th and brings in Steven Krajewski. A little bit of action to inspire optimism at the hands of Steven Krajewski but UConn loses 31-14.

Reaction Score
If they are down 28-0 in the first half, and Steven Krajewski doesn’t get a snap, I wouldn’t blame the kid if he put his name in the transfer portal. Edsall mismanaged him last year and it looks like he’s doing it again.

There is zero evidence that Steven Krajewski was "mismanaged" last year. More likely a kid who wasn't close to being ready was protected from getting his bell rung for no reason.

Maybe Steven Krajewski needs to show more in practice before he sees the field, but I get it, everyone always assumes the back QB is better than the starter. When Donovan Williams took over for Shirreffs three years ago he just lit up the field didn't he?

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Illinois 63
Uconn. 3

Year three.of RE2.0.
Two more years of this.... until his contract is up?.
Did he ever sign his contract?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
UConn receives the ball to start the second half and leads a 14 play 10 minute drive into the red zone resulting in a turnover.

It’s crazy how this simultaneously sounds so plausible and impossible.

Reaction Score
Given the performance against Wagner, I can't envision beating Illinois. QB will get picked 5 times staring down his receivers the way he did last night. D was very good through the first half but softened in the second half and didn't get any turnovers. We may see a return to straight up turtleball after a couple of picks by Illinois.
Agreed..... As for a prediction, I'll say Illinois wins a close one 17-10. I hoping Beaudry throws an early pic and Edsall wakes up and puts in Steven Krajewski, much like Bryant did a few years ago when he came in mid game, took control and started moving the offense immediately.

Reaction Score
I'm not going with a total blow out as Illinois has been less than great over the last few years. That said they have B1G Players at certain spots who will be difficult for this team to deal with. JMO but Lovie will bottle up the run game and make Beaudry beat them throwing. Sorry but I didn't see a QB capable of doing it.

34-13 Illini

IU on the road will be a much tougher test. The Hoosiers play good defense and have a physical RB who they can pound on teams with. That could spell a long day for The Huskies.

Reaction Score
I'm not going with a total blow out as Illinois has been less than great over the last few years. That said they have B1G Players at certain spots who will be difficult for this team to deal with. JMO but Lovie will bottle up the run game and make Beaudry beat them throwing. Sorry but I didn't see a QB capable of doing it.

34-13 Illini

IU on the road will be a much tougher test. The Hoosiers play good defense and have a physical RB who they can pound on teams with. That could spell a long day for The Huskies.
Illinois's offensive line is not so good from what I seen so far, Akron is getting a lot of pressure on the QB on pass plays and is getting stops on running plays.

Reaction Score
Illinois's offensive line is not so good from what I seen so far, Akron is getting a lot of pressure on the QB on pass plays and is getting stops on running plays.

Uconn's issue will not be on The DL, although we have no idea how good they are having played an abysmal opponent in Wagner. The issue IMO will be the back 7 matching up against The Illini Backs and receivers. I'm afraid we are going to see them get exploited for chunk plays and scores.

Reaction Score
I'm not expecting an upset or even a close game. Illinois has B1G size and talent. I just want to see UConn continue to fight hard and gradually get better. Build on any positive plays they make. Stop being everyone's punching bag and hit back. They need that attitude.

Reaction Score
Uconn's issue will not be on The DL, although we have no idea how good they are having played an abysmal opponent in Wagner. The issue IMO will be the back 7 matching up against The Illini Backs and receivers. I'm afraid we are going to see them get exploited for chunk plays and scores.
You might be right, but it's hard to gauge these two teams, both were not so hot last year and both have some new players. Illinois's QB is very good too. Another dropped pass on 3rd down for Akron, would have been a first down, pass was right there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom