Illinois Post Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Illinois Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I thought early in the season this could be our best team ever, we're witnessing one of the best college basketball teams ever or at least in the modern/after UCLA Wooden era.

Clingan was so incredibly dominant from the tip (wasn't credited with all his blocks per usual) and them the onslaught happened.

Bad mojo. Alabama played a Creighton like game, which we lost, against Clemson. If that happens next week we are dooooomed.

Reaction Score
I've been perusing an Illini chat board and the prevailing opinion is that the refs are a large part of why they got spanked. They refused to blow the whistle on DC when Illinois drove on him. It's kind of amusing to read, and def very sad, lol.

If your game plan is to depend on the refs to save you, you've already lost. They focused too much on that and got away from shooting 3s. Besides, you don't give up a 30-0 run and put all the blame on the refs.

Clingan did what he was supposed to do. He was an absolute monster on both ends last night.

I believe Mike Tyson said it best:

tyson.jpg

Reaction Score
Dauster is kind of clueless. I like that he's a UConn guy and has his pod but the guy misses the boat too much and continues to intentionally downplay what UConn is doing.
With the exception of Fanta, anytime one of those guys asks a question at the post game press conference, I cringe. It’s not even close to journalism.

Reaction Score
As far as Illinois fans go, their school is in the Big Ten, a conference that swallows up other schools and shifts the tectonic plates of CR in their favor every time (just like the SEC) at the expense of everyone else and the rest of us are left scrambling and looking for a new home. Nobody's been more screwed by CR than UConn - we've been to hell and back and we're still on relatively shaky grounds in the grand scheme of things, but the basketball programs have persevered and are now prospering with DH at the helm on the men's side.

Illinois woke up this morning and they're still sitting comfy in the B1G. So I could really give a rat crap about any of their privileged school's whining about the refs.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
When Cam goes crazy punching the sky look at the faces of the guys sitting at the table.
Thank you for posting this. One of them was the guy PHD DR whatever from the committee MCLelland. I saw it when I was watching the game after we got back home. All I could think of was how do you like us now. We wiped that stupid grin off his face that he had when giving us his bs reason for how they created the brackets. Sorry big fella and I am also sorry for even caring, I apologize to Danny and the team for thinking it made a difference.

I have been using a term that I came up with at the Northwestern game talking to another UConn fan during the run that put that game out of reach. For mojo sake I am going to leave it alone for now. We win two more games my Avatar changes and it will never change again.

We are the fans of the greatest college basketball program since 1990. Maybe ever but that is an argument for another day.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I did have some concerns as the game got out of hand. Did anyone else notice, that Illinois got a little chippy, as UC was blowing them out? The double tech, the undercutting of Karaban on the breakaway. It was a good thing that he hung on the rim, AND the zebras did not call a technical on him for it. The action in the paint got a bit rough too, the chirping by ILL. when the blowout was going on. I wonder if the ref's will put a lid on this nonsense in the final 4? Something to watch for.

Reaction Score
Man this team is just an absolute wagon, even while up 30 you saw the 4 coaches all standing up pointing out instructions like it was an intense practice.
I noticed this the last game. Someone came out after a play, might have been Samson Johnson, and Hurley was showing him what his position should have been for the play. During the game!

Reaction Score
If your game plan is to depend on the refs to save you, you've already lost. They focused too much on that and got away from shooting 3s. Besides, you don't give up a 30-0 run and put all the blame on the refs.

Clingan did what he was supposed to do. He was an absolute monster on both ends last night.

I believe Mike Tyson said it best:

View attachment 98620

Anyone bitching at Clingan is an absolute moron. He played defense the way we’ve asked him to all year just straight up and you will block and change shots no matter. He was spectacular and if they have a bitch at all and watched the game, maybe their coach should’ve asked them to quit taking it to Clingan and adjust.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I did have some concerns as the game got out of hand. Did anyone else notice, that Illinois got a little chippy, as UC was blowing them out? The double tech, the undercutting of Karaban on the breakaway. It was a good thing that he hung on the rim, AND the zebras did not call a technical on him for it. The action in the paint got a bit rough too, the chirping by ILL. when the blowout was going on. I wonder if the ref's will put a lid on this nonsense in the final 4? Something to watch for.
Our guys do plenty of chirping. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Reaction Score
Bad mojo, we are doooooomed….
No mojo I’m not saying we will make it to the finals to play Purdue (even tho that’s what I think) I’m saying Illinois and Bama would be ranked #2 in offense in consecutive weeks. Bama is currently 3 and they could move to 2 if Purdue has a bad game today

Reaction Score
Our guys do plenty of chirping. Not necessarily a bad thing.

I thought it was the kid from Illinois that started the conversation. I’d really like to know what they both said. I love Newton, not letting that shat go.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I put a reply on that Tweet about something I recall from a long time ago. Xavier McDaniel signed with the Knicks in 1994 and there was a game early in the season where McDaniel had a dunk just like that and the announcers were like "That's what the Knicks have been missing at the 3" or maybe it was 4. Same dunk. That's a 6'6" freshman doing it. Crazy

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
You could tell Illinois's strategy after halftime was to go after Clingan and try to get him into foul trouble.

To us it seemed silly, why keep running into a brick wall?

Well, they finally realized too late that Clingan has great timing and balance so the strategy, which might have seemed well though out ended up biting them in the with the transition game and all the points that were scored.

Most of those points came from high percentage shots.

I really hope Oats took notes. Running at Clingan hoping for fouls won't help Bama.
Watched an ESPN interview with Oats in the morning. I would bet he attempts to double Clingan until we start hitting 3s.

Reaction Score
Watched an ESPN interview with Oats in the morning. I would bet he attempts to double Clingan until we start hitting 3s.
If the 3s are open and they set their feet, they'll hit them. We're rushing 3s right now because teams are playing the perimeter on us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom