Illinois Post Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Illinois Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Sour grapes. DC played his most defensively disciplined game of the year. They were the unfortunate recipients of said game. Deal with it.
That discipline needs to continue. It was that discipline early in the game that allowed him to play more aggressively later in the game.

Reaction Score
Why are they so convinced Clingan would have gone to Syracuse if Hopkins was their coach? I thought he always wanted to play here since he's from the area, and (I thought) growing up a huge UConn fan.
Because in the 1990s they got Craig Forth or someone from Waterbury.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Hope Hurley is able to find others like him. I'll take one Castle over the bucket load of Burger AAs that UK gets who go home to stay after the first week of the tournament.
Hurley doesn't seem to be a guy that chases recruits and then figures out what to do with them; he's got his design in mind and goes looking for the pieces he needs.

Reaction Score
I thought underwood had 2 insurmountable problems. #1 was that he didn’t have anyone who could defend Clingan. That was obvious very early. They had to try something to keep him from scoring virtually at will. And though he said they weren’t changing strategy, in fact they did in the second half. Unfortunately for Illinois, their outside shots weren’t falling. And UConn got rebounds and could run. So they went back to trying to score inside. And on d they had to double up on Clingan which left other guys open. But if they didn’t do something, Clingan would have scored 50.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom