OT: - If you lived on campus, where did you live? | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: If you lived on campus, where did you live?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
73-75 Lafayette, Towers
76 Lancaster, West Campus
77 13F Barbara Manor

Reaction Score
Nah it was 04-05ish when they started cracking down, blocking streets, wrist banding, shutting things down at times. The late 90s early 00's was literally lawlessness. Then the police realized they were police and started enforcing laws.
Wrong, there was nothing like this spring 09 or 10. 10 is when some non-UConn kid decked one of ours and he died. Then began the shutdown.

Reaction Score
Wrong, there was nothing like this spring 09 or 10. 10 is when some non-UConn kid decked one of ours and he died. Then began the shutdown.
Lol, I'm not wrong at all. I'm 38 and grew up 10 miles from campus. Did 4 years like a lot of my family members and have friends of the family with names on buildings but please, regale me with takes of how your year was the best. I started going to spring weekend in middle school.

Reaction Score
please, regale me with takes of how your year was the best.
No idea where this is coming from champ, all I can say is I was at every night Thursday through Saturday and there were no wrist bands or anything like you said when Hogan was at X lot partying with us.
I started going to spring weekend in middle school.
stepbackwegotabadassoverhere.jpeg

Reaction Score
No idea where this is coming from champ, all I can say is I was at every night Thursday through Saturday and there were no wrist bands or anything like you said when Hogan was at X lot partying with us.

stepbackwegotabadassoverhere.jpeg
rightyoudontknow.jpeg Champ - just trying to express that I have been witness to the changes first hand and it makes me very sad. Continued violence, lawsuits, and property damage - constantly from non students forced a change. If you liked 2010 the 90s would have blown your mind.

Reaction Score
rightyoudontknow.jpeg Champ - just trying to express that I have been witness to the changes first hand and it makes me very sad. Continued violence, lawsuits, and property damage - constantly from non students forced a change. If you liked 2010 the 90s would have blown your mind.
Seems like you are the one itching to regale us.

2010 was meh, 2009 was fun enough. Weather was terrible and administration buried it in 2011.

Don’t remember a ton

Reaction Score
default (1).jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I get a kick out of these posts. From a party/wildness perspective, it's pretty clear that:
70's>80's>90's>00's>01's>10's. I'm not sure about the 60's. Maybe early 60's were more calm, weighing down the average.

I showed up at a transition period in 1984. I missed being grandfathered to the 18 year drinking age by less than 12 months. So those arriving in 1983 and prior could almost all drink legally as freshmen.
  • In 1983 you could drink openly in dorm halls. In 1984 we had the "in transit" rule so you could drink in halls if you were moving. Around the World parties filled that need nicely. By 1985 they killed that idea.
  • Also in 1984 we had Pub Night at Towers common area, buying glass pitchers that we could refill at kegs in the common area. Previously they held this even at ROTC campus wide. By 1985-86 it was gone for good.
  • In 1984 and 85 kegs were banned in dorms, but not from campus. So we tapped one in the back a a hatchback, filled buckets, put them in a milk crate, tied phone line to it and hauled it up to the 3rd floor Lafayette bathroom, filled the glass pitchers we had from pub night. Repeat.
  • From 85-87 we had MTV broadcasting live from campus during spring weekend. That was really amazing.
  • I recall snowball fights pitting thousands against thousands (Towers, Jungle Frats combined to attack South/Alumni/West). My friend got a broken eardrum out of it. Many, many windows also got broken.

Reaction Score
keller 201 in towers for 2 yrs in early 90s...our window faced 195, and after he made the shot to knock us out of tourney, i hung a bedsheet out window that said "christian laettner must die"... they threated to expel us from housing if we didnt take it down after a couple days....but there was alot of honking for a few days

Reaction Score
2015-2019
Freshman: McMahon 514 south tower
Soph: McMahon 514 south tower
Junior: Husky Village (1 semester)
Senior: Off-Campus

Reaction Score
Cedar ridge was great. No idea what it's like now. Great parties and lowkey. Still remember setting off fireworks and one accidentally going AWOL and going into someone open backdoor and setting their sofa on fire. D block baby

Reaction Score
1961-1964 Webster House when it was like a fraternity without all the mickey mouse stuff. In a 16 week semester we had 12 parties. This one we played records, the next we had a band and it alternated like that. We went off campus for homecoming, Winter Weekend and Spring Weekend.

Reaction Score
06-07 North, Litchfield
07-08 North, Baldwin
08-09 Off campus, Courtyard at Storrs
09-10 Off campus, Courtyard at Storrs
I cannot deal with people calling the Jungle “North”.
I lived in Litchfield and Baldwin, too.

Reaction Score
did sororities through parties when you were in school.
Sororities are not officially allowed to throw parties. There were girls that had apartments together in Carriage House that would have parties but they weren’t like fraternity parties... the other issue was that if anything happened, we could get in trouble because more than 3 became an event even if it wasn’t official. So these were always low key and tight friend groups.
My chapter was on social probation the semester I graduated which SUCKED. All because of an off-campus party at someone’s house...

Reaction Score
I moved to CT after graduating and getting a job here. Then went to UConn for grad school. I never lived on campus. But my son's roommate at UConn claimed my son lived at Ted's. Where is that dorm?
It’s super nice. They give you your own drinking mug. You pay extra for it but no place else has that...

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
05-06 Alumni (Eddie)
06-07 Hilltop Suites
07-08 off campus (Norwegian Woods)

Reaction Score
Curious; what was the “reputation” of Busby when you were there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom