If you could have one more Calhoun-era player join the coaching staff | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you could have one more Calhoun-era player join the coaching staff

If you could have one more Calhoun Era Player Come Back as a coaching staff member, who would it be?

• Craig Austrie

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Donnell Beverly

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Justin Evanovich

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Jason Baisch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jonathan Mandeldove

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Ruslan Inyatkin

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Oliver Macklin

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I purposely left off NBA players who are no longer in the league since they aren't going to be coaching anytime soon. I wasn't sure if Donyell found his way on some NBA team this season, but I remember his name coming up.

Also note that rarely do the NBA stars who made a boat load of money go into coaching. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but but I doubt that Ray or Caron will go into coaching. I don't see Emeke either. I think Donny prefers broadcasting.

So if I were to pick one, who would that be...hum... I'd like to add a big man's coach that had a good post up game, was a good rebounder and had a high wotk ethic. I don't think we've ever had one that fits that description, as far as having an advanced inside game. With that said, I'd go with Jake once he's done playing, because he was a hard worker and an okay rebounder.

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
What recent events are you talking about?
The perceived snub when he didn't get a spot on the coaching staff. I'm not sure if that'd sour him on coming back in that role some day should the chance come.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Forget players. Just give me Clyde Vaughn back. I have to credit him with a lot of our big development when we were turning 'em out every year. Hell, the first hooker is on me if we can get him.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
So if I were to pick one, who would that be...hum... I'd like to add a big man's coach that had a good post up game, was a good rebounder and had a high wotk ethic.

Like I said... Kirk King

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Forget players. Just give me Clyde Vaughn back. I have to credit him with a lot of our big development when we were turning 'em out every year. Hell, the first hooker is on me if we can get him.

Don't get Chief started again. Anyway, he is not a Calhoun era player (from UConn).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dogbreath2U said:
Don't get Chief started again. Anyway, he is not a Calhoun era player (from UConn).
Sshhhhhh. I thought i was being very quiet while baiting the chief trap.

Reaction Score
Oy vay.........no Sheffer, Henefeld, Katz or Mintz? Always wondered about some of you guys......now I have proof in this thread!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't know about Adrien as a coach... Jim Calhoun's fury would be like a lecture from Big Bird compared to what a player would probably get upon incurring the wrath of the mighty Jeff Adrien.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why are all the choices marginal players? No offense to those on the list.

The current staff is made up by players who we starters who had a big impact while they were here. KO, KFree, Hobbs, and Ricky were all starters.

Why not have a list like Donyell, Donny, Jake, Travis, Scotty Burrell, Khalid, Marcus Williams...? I could probably run off a list of a couple dozen more names before I'd get to the list of choices you gave us.
Donyell, period..............

He has done plenty to pay his dues (including ab NBA-DL stint in Maine), wants it badly and is a Husky through and through.

The list (at least mine) starts and ends here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The list (at least mine) starts and ends here.

While I'd take that guy in a heartbeat, I often wonder how he'd fare starting his career out in this era. He'd probably get sued.

Never bet against JC though. Personal rule.

Reaction Score
I would love to have Rip so he can show some of our guys how to move without the ball.

Reaction Score
I mean, clearly it's Ray Ray.

I wonder if there's any way to make that happen

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wouldn't any of them. We have plenty of program guys. I would like an outsider, a Tom Moore type.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This team would win a championship with Jake. Rebounding, outlet passes, position defense and strong screens. Everything this team is lacking.
Agreed, I've always said Jake is the most underrated Husky ever. He rebounded, played great position defense, great outlet passer and our best screen setter ever. He did all the little things, just a winning type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom