If you could add one former player to the current team... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you could add one former player to the current team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Whoever said Ollie can run sets drinks the Kool-Aid.

Give me AJ Price.

Reaction Score
I'll take Emeka. Defensive and Offensive presence. I think our Guards have a chance to figure it out. Plus Having Emeka would make their lives easier. Our bigs our shaky.
Andre Drummond could help rebound and give a presence down low.

Reaction Score
I'll take Emeka. Defensive and Offensive presence. I think our Guards have a chance to figure it out. Plus Having Emeka would make their lives easier. Our bigs our shaky.

One day I was downstairs eating a bowl of oatmeal and a thought crossed my mind. The thought was "I BELIEVE IN OMAR CALHOUN". So I went to my favorites tab and logged on to the BY with this BLUEDOGHOUSE moniker :rolleyes:. I proceeded to make a subject heading post with that title. Unfortunately at this point in the season this belief has relegated me to the JUNIOR VARSITY BY team :(! It was really tough being on the JV team. My coaches were this years version KO, Hobbsy and Millerrusky.

You have now become the starting point guard on the JV team and 0904 is close to the starting shooting guard on this JV team (I never would have thought this could happen!) as we wait for his response on the Okafor vs Walker (who would be more important to this team ?). I like Gibbs and the potential of Adams (should be great by his Junior year). Gibbs is far from our weakest link (he is a good player). As a matter of fact he is arguably our best player along with Miller. The real important issue to focus on here though really revolves around the whole ALPHA DOG issue that we are missing. That is Kemba personified. As you are well aware what he did off the court as a leader was equally as important as what he did on the court. Shabazz was good also. I attribute a good part of the success TSAM had in the championship run to the leadership of Bazz. Bazz really helped elevate his game. Nothing will ever compare however to the leadership skillz that EZ PASS possessed. It didn't hurt that he was the best guard in the country in a sport where great GUARD play is the key to winning National Championships.

;)

Reaction Score
Kemba, then Bazz, are the best bets for getting wins. I would love to see what the team would look like with Nadav faciliting offense, hitting 3S, and getting opportunistic steals as a forward, though.

Reaction Score
Kemba, then Bazz, are the best bets for getting wins. I would love to see what the team would look like with Nadav faciliting offense, hitting 3S, and getting opportunistic steals as a forward, though.

FYI...love the moniker SellersElbow. Classic! :cool:

I like your mention of Nadav as more of a secondary option within the context of this thread!

We have gone from King of the Chess Board to who could we add from our historically great teams to put a BAND-AID on this sinking ship (lol)! haha

Reaction Score
I would go with Ray Allen. We need a go to scorer badly. Also we have no one at thee 3 position that can play any defense. A lineup of

Gibbs
Purvis
Allen
Miller
Brimah

Would be awesome.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
This is the direction I lean as well. The one drawback is that it would be tough to play Emeka and Brimah at the same time, but I think Emeka is enough of an upgrade over Brimah to justify grabbing the best player available rather than a positional fit. I don't think Caron would be a bad pick, either.

Put Emeka on this team and Brimah becomes Charles Okwandu, a serviceable back up with great enthusiasm. Brimah wouldn't see much floor time with Miller and okafor.

Reaction Score
Andre Drummond could help rebound and give a presence down low.

Drummond and Okafor should never be mentioned in the same sentence regarding their careers at UConn. Okafor was an All-American who led his team to a National Championship. Drummond was one and done underachiever, who had 2 points before fouling out in his only NCAA Tournament game. Oddly enough, Drummond is a way better pro.

Reaction Score
Drummond and Okafor should never be mentioned in the same sentence regarding their careers at UConn. Okafor was an All-American who led his team to a National Championship. Drummond was one and done underachiever, who had 2 points before fouling out in his only NCAA Tournament game. Oddly enough, Drummond is a way better pro.

I agree with you and love Okafor. Keep in mind though Ben Gordon had 36 pts against Alabama in the Regional Final (I believe the Regional Final) and then in the Regional Semi had 20 pts and 9 boards against Vanderbilt. Okafor had 2 pts against Alabama right? Both Gordon and Okafor were strong in the Final4 and Okafor dominated Geogia Tech. You could make the case though that Ben Gordon was the MVP of the tourney. Although both guys were incredible. So Gordon led them to the title also.

Reaction Score
I'd say Shabazz but Marcus Williams would be a underdog pick to help get easy baskets for everyone else.

Reaction Score
Considering our current personnel I'd have to say obviously either kemba or donyell. Don't have to state why kemba, but Donnelly could give us more scoring punch from the 4 spot. Amida is already a good shot blocker at the 5 so this would help us fill our weak spot. Potential problem here could be that our current guards wouldn't even be able to get him the ball! Same goes for emeka and thabeet, and toss in drummond.

Our current guard situation is so poor though Kemba probably makes the most sense. Would also be nice for him to train Adams much like he did with shabazz.

Reaction Score
Marcus Williams is one of my all time favorite Huskies but these kids would have to learn how to move without the ball for him to be effective.
I'd say Shabazz but Marcus Williams would be a underdog pick to help get easy baskets for everyone else.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Kemba and Shabazz is right
Never seen the will to win like those two had

Reaction Score
Donyell Marshall.

He is exactly what this team is missing. They already have an elite shot blocker and enough guards. they are lacking a legitimate offensive threat in the frontcourt who also rebounds and can play defensive in his own right.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Definitely Okafor. I miss having a dominating presence in the paint on both ends of the court. Hard to pass up on any of legendary PGs, but Okafor brings way too much to the table for me to pick anyone but him.

Reaction Score
One day I was downstairs eating a bowl of oatmeal and a thought crossed my mind. The thought was "I BELIEVE IN OMAR CALHOUN". So I went to my favorites tab and logged on to the BY with this BLUEDOGHOUSE moniker :rolleyes:. I proceeded to make a subject heading post with that title. Unfortunately at this point in the season this belief has relegated me to the JUNIOR VARSITY BY team :(! It was really tough being on the JV team. My coaches were this years version KO, Hobbsy and Millerrusky.

You have now become the starting point guard on the JV team and 0904 is close to the starting shooting guard on this JV team (I never would have thought this could happen!) as we wait for his response on the Okafor vs Walker (who would be more important to this team ?). I like Gibbs and the potential of Adams (should be great by his Junior year). Gibbs is far from our weakest link (he is a good player). As a matter of fact he is arguably our best player along with Miller. The real important issue to focus on here though really revolves around the whole ALPHA DOG issue that we are missing. That is Kemba personified. As you are well aware what he did off the court as a leader was equally as important as what he did on the court. Shabazz was good also. I attribute a good part of the success TSAM had in the championship run to the leadership of Bazz. Bazz really helped elevate his game. Nothing will ever compare however to the leadership skillz that EZ PASS possessed. It didn't hurt that he was the best guard in the country in a sport where great GUARD play is the key to winning National Championships.

;)

What's the weak link of this team it's the bigs. Emeka is great on offense and defense. Kemba doesn't help us so much on the defensive end. You can't go wrong with either.

But it would be nice not to watch Phil Nolan anymore

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What's the weak link of this team it's the bigs. Emeka is great on offense and defense. Kemba doesn't help us so much on the defensive end. You can't go wrong with either.

But it would be nice not to watch Phil Nolan anymore

Odd timing to post that last sentence after today's game.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'd choose Mek, but would be more than happy with Kemba, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom