If you can't be with the one you love.................. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you can't be with the one you love..................

Reaction Score
Anybody but duke. Anybody. Don’t really want to see Carolina or Kansas either. Or Michigan /Michigan st. Some one new like Tennessee LSU Virginia and of course the few northeastern teams
I don't have the Duke hate I once had. Not sure why but maybe it comes from kicking their butts on the biggest stage. Zion is an absolute beast,
Guess I'll go with Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
I want to see any team from the AAC win the national championship. It helps league perception for TV contracts and future NCAA Tourney invites. The tougher this league is perceived the better chance a 5th team gets in when they are considered last 4 in/out. Are you telling me Memphis can't beat any 14th,15th or 16th seeded team? Will root for Memphis to win the NIT. Will also root for any non P-5/6 school. The Big East considered a P-6 conference? That's all the more reason any UConn fan should be hoping a AAC team wins it all this year.

Reaction Score
Northeastern, Yale for sure.

Would love to see Buffalo make a run. Belmont, Wofford, Gardner Webb.

Kind of like this Michigan State team. All the AAC teams like to see one get to the 2nd weekend but wouldn’t bet on it.

We need to get back there this blows.

Anyone but Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Cuse, Nova, Kansas. Ohio St 18-14 in? Purdue 3 seed? Florida with all of those losses. Louisville a 7?

Just want to win some pools! Love Thursday through Sunday 1st week even when we’re out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am rooting for AAC first and foremost.

After that, any legit underdog.

After that, Michigan State because I like Izzo and that team has overcome almost as many injuries as we suffered.

After that, although I hate Duke, I love Zion and would not mind seeing him win one because he is such an amazing human basketball prototype.

I hate that Michigan State is in the same bracket as Duke. That is some strange karma for beating Michigan three times that Michigan has Gonzaga as its number one.

Reaction Score
I am rooting for AAC first and foremost.

After that, any legit underdog.

After that, Michigan State because I like Izzo and that team has overcome almost as many injuries as we suffered.

After that, although I hate Duke, I love Zion and would not mind seeing him win one because he is such an amazing human basketball prototype.

I hate that Michigan State is in the same bracket as Duke. That is some strange karma for beating Michigan three times that Michigan has Gonzaga as its number one.

Same feeling here on Izzo and the Spartans they lost another key piece today I think too.

Zion good kid still I’m sick of how ESPN has covered him/them so they can’t get beat early enough for me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Same feeling here on Izzo and the Spartans they lost another key piece today I think too.

Zion good kid still I’m sick of how ESPN has covered him/them so they can’t get beat early enough for me.
I will admit that my investment in Zion is based in large part on seeing him play in that St. John’s game I attended at Cameron earlier this season. I seldom watch full games of other teams during the regular season so I am always suspect of highlights of any player. And I heard the rumors of how Zion was headed to Clemson until K bought him, so I didn’t want to like him. I couldn’t believe how riveted I was at that game, and I think it was equal parts reverence for the venue and for Zion. You couldn’t even passively watch the game without seeing that he was a man among boys, and you couldn’t help but root for another highlight dunk, of which I think I saw seven.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
This is a rematch of 9 years ago, when St. Mary's sent Nova home.
I’ll add St. Mary’s to my list as well. I grew up 15 minutes from campus and watched a ton of games at McKeon pavilion. Also spent many Saturday’s there watching football games back in the 70’s and 80’s when they still had a team. The has a grassy knoll behind the south end zone that our family picknicked on during games. One of the coolest places I’ve ever watched a game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is a rematch of 9 years ago, when St. Mary's sent Nova home.

That was the only NCAA Tournament I've ever been to, in Providence. I picked St. Mary's to pull off the upset, too.

That venue also had the coming out party for Mike Rice, when he was at Robert Morris. As a 15 seed he almost beat Nova (took them to OT). Then we watched Ohio (not Ohio State...Ohio) beat the everloving crap out of Georgetown. Not a good day for the Big East.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I find this hard to believe but I am getting the urge to root for Cincy. Since we are not in it, it might be actually fun and humorous to root for the carrot top. Hoping he blows his top and starts a real rant. Seriously, I like that grinding kind of style of play. For the sake of the AAC Cincy needs to start getting past the first round a bit more and show the world what a college D can do.

1552935623647.png

Reaction Score
Deep runs by AAC teams - we need that type of street cred for the conference.

Reaction Score
I find this hard to believe but I am getting the urge to root for Cincy. Since we are not in it, it might be actually fun and humorous to root for the carrot top. Hoping he blows his top and starts a real rant. Seriously, I like that grinding kind of style of play. For the sake of the AAC Cincy needs to start getting past the first round a bit more and show the world what a college D can do.

View attachment 41063
I agree despite my usual dislike of Cincy I think they have a somewhat open bracket & the games in Columbus & L'Ville are nice benefit as well, Tenn will be a test if win 1st game. I'm a fan of Cumberland & a little selfishly hope he has a great tourney and goes pro.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom