If you can't be with the one you love.................. | The Boneyard

If you can't be with the one you love..................

Reaction Score
then (temporarily) love the one you're with, or one still alive anyway.

I'll be rooting for the New England teams (Northeastern, Vermont, Ivy) & AAC (except Cincy). It will probably be short runs for all of them except Houston but who knows.

Once the tourney gets going I'll get on board with any "Cinderella's" that emerge & vehemently root against Duke, KY, Mich St, Kansas, Cuse, Nova & UNC.

I mostly don't want Roy Williams to get his 4th championship & surpass the great Jim Calhoun, or for the Squid, Izzo, Self or Boeheim to ever get their 2nd titles or Wright his 3rd...................we don't need any of them creeping up on JC.

Of usual suspects I can live with it if Duke wins, I'll hate it but whatever, coach K has 5 titles so what's one more.

It sucks with no UConn to root for so Schadenfreude will have to suffice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thats pretty much how I feel about Coach K. Hes already cemented his legacy, so who cares if he wins another few Championships. I think this is Dukes year. Youre right with the Calhoun vs Roy title chase. I was thinking that last night how I dont want him to win his 4th.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Once the field is announced, I'll just have to pick team out of a hat. Of course Duke, UNC and their ilk won't be included.

Reaction Score
I just want to see good games. Rooting for our AAC rivals I just can't do, call me crazy but it's still kind of nice to be the only AAC school to have advanced to the second weekend ever since the conference started.

Reaction Score
What’s so bad about rooting for the other AAC teams!? I’ll be rooting hard for UC just as an alum. After that it will be whoever is going to let me hit all the parlays in Vegas. I’m heading there for my bachelor party Thursday morning!

Reaction Score
I just want to see good games. Rooting for our AAC rivals I just can't do, call me crazy but it's still kind of nice to be the only AAC school to have advanced to the second weekend ever since the conference started.
Pretty short-sighted view if AAC is our home for awhile. The raising of the conference profile helps all members with recruiting, perception & money. But it's your right of course to root for whoever you want.

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Thats pretty much how I feel about Coach K. Hes already cemented his legacy, so who cares if he wins another few Championships. I think this is Dukes year. Youre right with the Calhoun vs Roy title chase. I was thinking that last night how I dont want him to win his 4th.
He shouldn’t have won his 3rd, they should have been in the middle of a postseason ban, at a minimum.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Zion Williamson needs to win a championship and for that unfortunately, duke needs to win.

Reaction Score
Just haven't cared as much about the tournament with UConn not being in it and just the overall state of College hoops. I'm much more looking forward to the NBA playoffs.

Reaction Score
He shouldn’t have won his 3rd, they should have been in the middle of a postseason ban, at a minimum.
Yeah, they let good 'ol Roy W. slide on bye like it never happened..................I will always wish an early exit for UNC until he retires already.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just haven't cared as much about the tournament with UConn not being in it and just the overall state of College hoops. I'm much more looking forward to the NBA playoffs.
I'm definitely no where near as locked in without UConn involved but I still get a lot of enjoyment out of watching the little guys bringing down P5 schools / blue bloods.

Reaction Score
I’ve always liked Beilein, so I wouldn’t mind if Michigan won. Same with the Zags. Screw the ACC and NBE teams. I’d rather us be the only recent national champion out of the AAC. Mostly I just want all the games to be boring, foul filled, low scoring affairs that nobody enjoys with a national title game that needs to be vacated by both participants because of either the ongoing FBI scandal or some other new, unannounced one. That’s all.

Reaction Score
A good fanbase always roots for its conference mates when you are not playing them.
But I can only speak for Louisville fans, we largely understand how important the successes of the AAC plays in to our success as a program.
a good fan base despises any team who stands in our way of success year in and year out. I hope cincinnati gets blown out in the first round. this is uconn baby..

Reaction Score
I’m rooting for any team from the American and also Gonzaga. Of the other teams most likely to make the Final Four, I wouldn’t mind Virginia or Michigan..

Reaction Score
Anybody but duke. Anybody. Don’t really want to see Carolina or Kansas either. Or Michigan /Michigan st. Some one new like Tennessee LSU Virginia and of course the few northeastern teams

Reaction Score
Zion Williamson needs to win a championship and for that unfortunately, duke needs to win.
I call this the "long LeBron" play. For the most professional of legacy bettors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom