If We Get a Big Game From Her We Win Today/Tonight | The Boneyard

If We Get a Big Game From Her We Win Today/Tonight

Reaction Score
Evina- We know she can and will stabilize the offense and defense but if we get 15 points, 6 boards and 6 assists from her against Arkansas we should get the W. Who do you think is the key or keys?

Reaction Score
There are actually 2 "VERY KEY PLAYERS" for today's game against "The Hogs". They are Evina Westbrook and Aubrey Griffin. If both individuals can hit for 18+ in the game, we will WIN !!

Reaction Score
For me it always comes back to CW and ONO. CW could shoot 10-14 or 2-14, and there never seems to be much rhyme or reason behind it. Similarly, will ONO dominate the middle or settle for outside shots. If we don’t have her scoring on the interior, we become much less dynamic offensively. Our other players seem to be more consistent in what they bring to every game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All we have to do is execute Genos game plan. We play our game and we win. Thats it. Im not concerned at all. We should win by double digits and it could be by alot. Just be patient, execute Genos game plan, and play our game. Its worked over 1100 times for wins.

Reaction Score
Bueckers is the key for tonight, if she is close to 100% I think we have a good chance, if she is very limited because of her ankle I don't like our chances at all. She just means so much to this team, we just watched UConn barely break 70 against an utterly abysmal Georgetown team without Bueckers in the lineup.

Reaction Score
Ono is the key for the game as she should be the one player that Ark got no answer for. If she dominates and stays away from foul problems, UConn should win!

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Our team is Young. It will take all the kids playing well to win.

I haven't seen real movement without the ball as of yet. Last year they were getting it going towards the end then everything was shut down.

My memory of past UConn teams is that when the opponents were able to contain/stop 1st, 2nd, and the 3rd scoring options the 4th or 5th options, being wide open, would knock it down. You could "see" the belief they can win drain from the opposing team.

Loose or 50-50 balls were always being scooped up by UConn.

Not there yet. But we get to watch em figure it out

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Doesn't it though? If we get a big game from a midseason addition in her first college game, pretty sure that the Razorbacks scout won't have them ready for it.
Actually I was being sarcastic, just because...:)

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I have gone through this thread 2 times and am more confused after this exercise in what the heck did I just read. Almost all of us are here because we are UConn WCBB fans. By that I mean the team, I want everyone to have a big game, anyone out there who doesn't please exit now. To say if this player goes off big or that player does well we win is silly. Any one player having a big game gives the team a better chance as a TEAM, repeat team. I would love to see all starting five have double doubles, put all them together and we have a team win. In any event to say if one player goes off we win I don't think so, if the rest stink up the place what then.
Not to lessen anyone's enthusiasm for an outstanding individual performance, I say enjoy any and all, I know I will. First and foremost if we have a good team game then we will win regardless of a big contribution or conversely a poor performance from any one player.

Reaction Score
For me it always comes back to CW and ONO. CW could shoot 10-14 or 2-14, and there never seems to be much rhyme or reason behind it. Similarly, will ONO dominate the middle or settle for outside shots. If we don’t have her scoring on the interior, we become much less dynamic offensively. Our other players seem to be more consistent in what they bring to every game.
Arkansas is not very tall. If their defense is even somewhat kept honest by our outside shooting we can exploit the height advantage inside. Let's o CW and ONO!

Reaction Score
Pandemic or not, We're UConn!
We're playing a middle-of-the-road Power 5 team. List them- there's 50 of them.
It's about playing good right now. Getting better! This isn't a final 4 matchup, in which case this post would be totally appropriate.
We still have a month to go, with, like Geno said in the presser, about 3 games a week from here on out.
I'm looking for improvement. Paige or no Paige. Basic basketball! We're playing the game we die to play. It's not 3-dimensional chess. Geno- close your eyes, tap 5 players and jump it up.
Take some deep breaths folks. We're all wrapped a little too tight right now.

Reaction Score
I’m worried about this game. Tennessee beat Arkansas by 18. Dungee is really good but I just don’t believe in the team as a major contender to beat a program like UConn.

Reaction Score
Ono and Edwards- they are our big advantage offensively and defensively. If Ono can guard the basket without fouling out, the only remaining option for Arkansas is outside shooting by their very short guards.

Reaction Score
The key will be perimeter defense. For whatever reason teams shoot 100.5% from three against UConn even with a hand in their face. What would make all the difference is if UConn defends well and possible funnels then toward the baseline and/or right into ONO and AE. If those two can be an intimidating enough presence without fouling, this game is UConn’s by a mile—even if the offense sputters for much of the game.

Reaction Score
Arkansas is a lot like Depaul and we will win by a similar score that we beat them by. This team will beat Arkansas even if Paige is not available. Geno has never failed in stopping a team with one prominent scorer and doesn't like playing on the defensive end. Not to worry.

Reaction Score
Winning [or losing] usually comes down to matchups. Arkansas will have great difficulty matching up with the Huskies' tandem of Liv & Aaliyah. Tall teams - SC & TN - beat them badly this year, eh?

Reaction Score
Arkansas is a lot like Depaul and we will win by a similar score that we beat them by. This team will beat Arkansas even if Paige is not available. Geno has never failed in stopping a team with one prominent scorer and doesn't like playing on the defensive end. Not to worry.
Arkansas is not a tall team, but they are not one-dimensional [Dungee] either .. Slocum, Ramirez, and Daniels are capable scorers .. for example, Slocum killed us a few years back when she played for Maryland, eh?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Paige is now listed as probable. Bad news for Arkansas.

A balanced offense is what is needed. Liv must stay away from being 3 point happy. Her strong point is down low on the blocks. Williams is what Williams is. I would hope she will drive more and use her mid range jumper to her advantage. Evina will be steady and calm. Aubrey should be a handful for Arkansas to handle on both the offense and defense side.

Our defense will frustrate Arkansas's guards.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I have gone through this thread 2 times and am more confused after this exercise in what the heck did I just read. Almost all of us are here because we are UConn WCBB fans. By that I mean the team, I want everyone to have a big game, anyone out there who doesn't please exit now. To say if this player goes off big or that player does well we win is silly. Any one player having a big game gives the team a better chance as a TEAM, repeat team. I would love to see all starting five have double doubles, put all them together and we have a team win. In any event to say if one player goes off we win I don't think so, if the rest stink up the place what then.
Not to lessen anyone's enthusiasm for an outstanding individual performance, I say enjoy any and all, I know I will. First and foremost if we have a good team game then we will win regardless of a big contribution or conversely a poor performance from any one player.
You’re relatively new here so you don’t know us very well. This is a message board for offering opinions and analysis and arguing the same (civilly, I hope). If we not here for robust discussions, then why are we here?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I predict a player will lose her sneaker at some point during the game. She will recover the shoe, put it on, rearrange her hair, catch a pass and drain an NBA 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom