If the NCAA's started today, who makes your final 4? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If the NCAA's started today, who makes your final 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't expect Tenn to get past the elite 8 with all honesty without Harrison. Massengale's and Graves's performance in the SEC Championship game didn't give me any confidence whatsoever. Although Tenn has a favorable bracket, I can't see them beating Maryland this year unless Burdick has a monster tournament.

Reaction Score
I don't expect Tenn to get past the elite 8 with all honesty without Harrison. Massengale's and Graves's performance in the SEC Championship game didn't give me any confidence whatsoever. Although Tenn has a favorable bracket, I can't see them beating Maryland this year unless Burdick has a monster tournament.
Thanks for being real! I know team loyalty is great but it's nice to hear honest and candid analysis. Your team has had a really good year and it's sad that you lost Harrison because she was so key to your team's success. We've had that happen to us before and it hurts. We had a dominant team in the 2001 and lost two All-Americans, Shea Ralph and Svetlana Abrosimova that cost us a title.

Reaction Score
Yea I try to be as realistic as possible after we lost to Louisville for a chance to get back to the Final Four some years ago. Lol I remember that 2001 team for UCONN. There was a "what if" thread some days ago on this board where I had mentioned that what if UCONN had not lost those two whether ND wins the Championship that year. No ND championship in 2001...no Skylar Diggins? No Jewell Llyod? No Brianna Turner? But No honestly Ruth Riley, Noel Ivey, and Alicia Ratya would have been a hard out that year, but who knows.

Reaction Score
I went thru Charley Creme's final brackets while ESPN brackets were named: Accurate picks/seed & site:
GREENSBORO: 5-OSU/3-Ariz St.
ALBANY: 1-UCONN/9-SHU/4-Calif
OKLA CITY: 4-Stanf/14-American/7-Nortwstrn/2-Baylor
SPOKANE: 1-MD/11-Gonz/3-Ore St.
NO OPINION JUST MENTIONING!

FINAL 4 picks with brackets now set:

ALBANY- UCONN
SPOKANE- MD vs Ore St. (Ore St vs TN potential rematch to Ore St.)
OKLA CITY- ND vs Baylor
GREENSBORO- SoCar vs FSU/Ariz St. winner

POTENTIAL INTERESTING MATCH-UPS:
1st round-
SoFla vs LSU
L'ville vs BYU
Dayton vs IA St.
Princeton vs Green Bay
GWU vs Gonz
MN vs Depaul
2nd round-
TX vs Calif
SoFla vs L'ville
IA St. vs KY
OKLA vs Stanf
SoCar vs SYR SYR came close earlier in season!
the OSU vs NoCar
TX am vs Ariz St If A&M can get there guards to stand up might be interesting!
Sweet 16-
SoFla/L'ville winner vs KY
Ore St vs TN
IA vs Baylor
Ariz St vs FSU
Elite 8-
MD vs Ore St.
ND vs Baylor
SoCar vs Ariz St/FSU winner

NOTES:
L'ville has some tough potential match-ups from the get-go!
IA a very interesting dark horse! has great role players and super PG in Samantha Logic
If Princeton gets by Green Bay faces MD, shades of Stanford vs Harvard?????????? except MD doesn't have 2 starters out with injuries!
ND is vulnerable to a team with 3/4 good big people, UCONN killed them inside! Turner only good big player ND can depend on! Forget Reimer!
Which top team plays like Baylor did vs L'ville type upset? DON'T OVERLOOK ANYONE!
SURVIVE AND ADVANCE!

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Tennessee with one of their stars out? Before that, it would have been shaky but now????
Welllll there goes MY bracket!!!! I didn't know they were down a star player.......

Reaction Score
Yea I try to be as realistic as possible after we lost to Louisville for a chance to get back to the Final Four some years ago. Lol I remember that 2001 team for UCONN. There was a "what if" thread some days ago on this board where I had mentioned that what if UCONN had not lost those two whether ND wins the Championship that year. No ND championship in 2001...no Skylar Diggins? No Jewell Llyod? No Brianna Turner? But No honestly Ruth Riley, Noel Ivey, and Alicia Ratya would have been a hard out that year, but who knows.
UConn was murdering Notre Dame at halftime without their two All-Americans and with the stability that they would have provided, there's no way that Notre Dame would have managed a comeback. I know that you might say that Notre Dame didn't bring their A game because UConn was shorthanded but I don't honestly think that was the case because they have NEVER WON anything and they wouldn't have poo-pooed the Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom