If the NCAA's started today, who makes your final 4? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If the NCAA's started today, who makes your final 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
No prediction here except that the Tenn/USC regular season and tournament games ought to be quite interesting

Reaction Score
My Final 4 prediction as things currently stand is UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, and Tennessee. I think that the Lady Vols will take the SEC 1-seed from SCar and they'll lose to whatever 1-seed is in their region. Kinda boring to pick the teams I think will end up with 1-seeds but that's how women's bball works.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I actually think if they put Tennessee in Maryland's bracket, they have a shot. I was not impressed with MD's defense today, but Tenn's offense was worse. If they aren't hitting from the outside, they have little chance of going deep IMHO.

UCONN, ND - those are the only 2 teams who I think are a lock. I think SC has been somewhat exposed. Note to Staley - keep Cuevas on the bench and your team is actually better. But I still think SC makes the final 4. The last spot is a crapshoot and totally depends on the 1-4 seeds. I actually think Duke matches up really well with Tenn and could beat them. I also think FSU and Baylor could beat Tenn, but they are 2 seeds and won't be in the same bracket.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I actually think if they put Tennessee in Maryland's bracket, they have a shot. I was not impressed with MD's defense today, but Tenn's offense was worse. If they aren't hitting from the outside, they have little chance of going deep IMHO.

UCONN, ND - those are the only 2 teams who I think are a lock. I think SC has been somewhat exposed. Note to Staley - keep Cuevas on the bench and your team is actually better. But I still think SC makes the final 4. The last spot is a crapshoot and totally depends on the 1-4 seeds. I actually think Duke matches up really well with Tenn and could beat them. I also think FSU and Baylor could beat Tenn, but they are 2 seeds and won't be in the same bracket.

The only way for Bianca to improve is to play; same with Jatarie.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
My Final 4 prediction as things currently stand is UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, and Tennessee. I think that the Lady Vols will take the SEC 1-seed from SCar and they'll lose to whatever 1-seed is in their region. Kinda boring to pick the teams I think will end up with 1-seeds but that's how women's bball works.
Nope. Was far-fetched before, and impossible after. UTenn looked pretty bad and pointless, so now the question is whether they get put with MD out west in the "Don't you forget about me, but we will" Spokane region, which seems likely even if the Creme crops elsewise. Much action to come, but Vols just aren't a big part of it this year.

Reaction Score
Two locks and one near lock. UCONN, ND and USC is a near-lock.

The 4th team determined by bracket and location of the big games.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The only way for Bianca to improve is to play; same with Jatarie.
Really? At UCONN, that's accomplished in practice. And in games where UCONN is well ahead, not in games that are close. He puts players in where they have more chances to be successful, not fail. But I guess that's why we beat you by 25...

Reaction Score
Assuming they are in opposite brackets, UCONN, SC, Baylor and Notre Dame.

All the teams have had flaws of one kind of another - UCONN lost to Stanford, SC has had a nail biter over Duke and several other less than stellar wins over some decent teams, ND got whooped by UCONN and has not looked like world beaters, especially in losing to Miami. And Baylor lost to Kentucky early and barely escaped Syracuse by 2.

Still, as of now they seem to be the "strongest" 4 teams. The exciting thing is that there are probably 6-8 teams who have a legit shot at the final 4.

I posted this as a separate entry, but had no replies, so I'm posting here.
Actually, it's still 8 March in the States, but I'm 13 hours ahead of EST (Korea). Anyway I' basing this on Charlie Creme's present bracketology http://espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology.

1. Greensboro: SC and FSU in the title game with FSU the winner.
2. Albany: UCONN vs Duke with UCONN by 20+
3. Oklahoma City: ND vs Iowa/Chattanooga with ND in the Final Four
4. This is the big head scratcher: I see Maryland probably winning the top half over Kentucky/Princeton, but the bottom half is a scrum of teams many of whom could win that half of the bracket (Louisville, South FL, Oregon State, or even the winner of the TX A&M/Gonzaga matchup). I see Maryland/Louisville in the final with MD winning, but my heart would like to see Princeton/South FL in the final with Princeton winning.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I posted this as a separate entry, but had no replies, so I'm posting here.
Actually, it's still 8 March in the States, but I'm 13 hours ahead of EST (Korea). Anyway I' basing this on Charlie Creme's present bracketology http://espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology.

1. Greensboro: SC and FSU in the title game with FSU the winner.
2. Albany: UCONN vs Duke with UCONN by 20+
3. Oklahoma City: ND vs Iowa/Chattanooga with ND in the Final Four
4. This is the big head scratcher: I see Maryland probably winning the top half over Kentucky/Princeton, but the bottom half is a scrum of teams many of whom could win that half of the bracket (Louisville, South FL, Oregon State, or even the winner of the TX A&M/Gonzaga matchup). I see Maryland/Louisville in the final with MD winning, but my heart would like to see Princeton/South FL in the final with Princeton winning.

1) TAMU is done.......... they arent going far without their PG

2) If Duke makes the elite 8 this season.... I'll name my first born JPM

Reaction Score
1) TAMU is done..... they arent going far without their PG

2) If Duke makes the elite 8 this season.... I'll name my first born JPM
I see TN as the only overwhelming favorite in their half of the Albany bracket to beat them (if Creme's placements hold up). Who would beat them (Tulane, Washington, Iowa State, Dayton, NB, Albany)?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
USC/UCONN/Notre Dame are locks in my opinion. Whoever joins Maryland in Spokane has a golden opportunity to make the Final Four. Whoever of Tennessee/Florida State/Baylor plays in that regional makes it to the Final Four IMO.

Reaction Score
UCONN/ND/SoCar/ and MD or FSU- - Baylor, whoever if placed as 2 in MD's bracket

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
UCONN, USC, ND and the 2 seed from Maryland's regional, whoever that might be.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha...... seems like no one believes in MD around here

Uconn, Stanford, Louisville, Baylor

I might need to change my avatar.... I was looking and was like
scratch.gif
wait a minute... I dont remember typing that :p

Reaction Score
1. UConn Starters
2. UConn Bench
3. Notre Dame
4. South Carolina

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
UConn, ND, Baylor and UTChat.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Assuming they are in opposite brackets, UCONN, SC, Baylor and Notre Dame.

All the teams have had flaws of one kind of another - UCONN lost to Stanford, SC has had a nail biter over Duke and several other less than stellar wins over some decent teams, ND got whooped by UCONN and has not looked like world beaters, especially in losing to Miami. And Baylor lost to Kentucky early and barely escaped Syracuse by 2.

Still, as of now they seem to be the "strongest" 4 teams. The exciting thing is that there are probably 6-8 teams who have a legit shot at the final 4.

UCONN, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Texas A&M

Reaction Score
UConn, Notre Dame, Florida State, Maryland.

I'm not sold on the SEC. I think S Carolina loses to either N Carolina or FSU.

Tennessee I think may have the better shot to make it but they seem to crumble when faced in big spots now.

Reaction Score
UCONN, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Texas A&M
Good grief!! aTm will be an underdog against almost anybody in their bracket outside of their first round game. My apologies if that pick was sarcastic and I didn't get it, but jeez, have you actually seen aTm play?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom