If not for Bouknight... | The Boneyard

If not for Bouknight...

Reaction Score
.........we don't make the tourney. Even though we danced like Elaine, we danced, and we were rusty. Thanks to Bouk. Lets keep it in perspective, thats what we wanted. Lets not be Ohio St fans.
I really hope Bouknight comes back next year and even plays four years he will be even better and make something out of himself. Moving on after this year I think is a mistake for him.

Reaction Score
Hope he improves that .6 assist to turnover ratio. Got to make others better against better competition. Talent is definitely there, just needs to figure out how to use it more efficiently imo

Reaction Score
.........we don't make the tourney. Even though we danced like Elaine, we danced, and we were rusty. Thanks to Bouk. Lets keep it in perspective, thats what we wanted. Lets not be Ohio St fans.
Agree, Bouknight avg 19 pts and was the engine that made us all be crazy for our Huskies!! Okay, Bouknight didn’t have that the “signature” win and is not an all time UConn great but let’s not forget that he helped put the program back in order. So thanks to Bouknight—-we are a husky nation, let’s appreciate our kids.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

I think we all love and appreciate Bouk, but we can also say he sucked when he sucked, and he sucked

But he wasn't alone

This is where Bazz & Kemba and so many all time greats simply refused to lose

PS: There may be a few losers here that don't appreciate him, every fan base has some

Reaction Score
Agree, Bouknight avg 19 pts and was the engine that made us all be crazy for our Huskies!! Okay, Bouknight didn’t have that the “signature” win and is not an all time UConn great but let’s not forget that he helped put the program back in order. So thanks to Bouknight—-we are a husky nation, let’s appreciate our kids.
I think the problem is that there's never been this great a disparity between a player's talent/NBA draft status and what they've actually accomplished when here.

Maybe Drummond is another one.

But it's valid to say:
  • Bouknight is tremendously talented, generated a lot of badly-needed buzz around the program, and his getting to the League will help immensely with recruiting
  • He was also kind of soft, not much of a leader, didn't really elevate his game or the team when we needed it most, and didn't win anything of significance

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I wanted to reference The o st. in another thread.

Reaction Score
he might need another year

and super young developers means nothing. right now with the g league.
how many youngsters get drafted and end up yrs i the g league

Reaction Score
he might need another year

and super young developers means nothing. right now with the g league.
how many youngsters get drafted and end up yrs i the g league
Why would Bouk settle for a top 15 when he stays a year or two and becomes and top ten pick. If he goes this year best of luck to him. But right now I feel like he is only a g league player that will have to prove himself.

Reaction Score
I think we all love and appreciate Bouk, but we can also say he sucked when he sucked, and he sucked

But he wasn't alone

PS: There may be a few losers here that don't appreciate him, every fan base has some
Bazz and Kemba stayed in college and got better year after year. That put them in positions to lead in their championship seasons. Bouk might be a lottery pick but he could be out of the league in 3 or 4 yrs too. I don’t see a can’t miss NBAer in number 2. Best of luck to you.

Reaction Score
Bazz and Kemba stayed in college and got better year after year. That put them in positions to lead in their championship seasons. Bouk might be a lottery pick but he could be out of the league in 3 or 4 yrs too. I don’t see a can’t miss NBAer in number 2. Best of luck to you.
If Shabazz and Boatright had $15M sitting on the table they'd have left early too. Hell, Boatright flirted with leaving for the NBA every season as a borderline 2nd rounder

Reaction Score
Best of luck to him but he needs another year or two.

Reaction Score
I think two years and out was always the plan and Bouk's talent totally supports that.

I do wonder - if he had actually packed it in after the elbow injury - how much better his draft prospects might be today? I am SO glad he came back to the team and lead them to the tournament. But I do think it might have cost him a bit on the draft board, which is a real shame.

BEST OF LUCK JAMES IN YOUR NBA FUTURE!!

Reaction Score
Why would Bouk settle for a top 15 when he stays a year or two and becomes and top ten pick. If he goes this year best of luck to him. But right now I feel like he is only a g league player that will have to prove himself.
i want him back as much as anyone but you gotta stop this is just stupid. if he indeed falls out of the lottery there's a plausible argument for going pro after 3 years but not 4 no way

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
He clearly put excitement back on the court for us and we should always remember that..but let's not confuse excitement for greatness

Reaction Score
i want him back as much as anyone but you gotta stop this is just stupid. if he indeed falls out of the lottery there's a plausible argument for going pro after 3 years but not 4 no way
How do you know. After that elbow injury I don’t see him as a lottery pick he stays three to four years then he will be a solid lottery pick. I said three to four years not one or the other. You guys need to stop speculating. Sorry for my rational response. My response wasn’t stupid.

Reaction Score
he’ll get drafted 1st round but might have to do some g league time.
he should’ve killed this dumb ass maryland team

Reaction Score
he’ll get drafted 1st round but might have to do some g league time.
he should’ve killed this dumb ass maryland team
If he was a top pick in a potential NBA draft he would have destroyed this Maryland team but yet he missed key shots and also missed key free throws. I’m glad your responses are rational.

Reaction Score
How do you know. After that elbow injury I don’t see him as a lottery pick he stays three to four years then he will be a solid lottery pick. I said three to four years not one or the other. You guys need to stop speculating. Sorry for my rational response. My response wasn’t stupid.
I let it go the first 99 times you said it tonight, but after 100 it's time to respond. You clearly have no understanding of how NBA teams evaluate players, staying 3-4 years before coming out basically eliminates you from all consideration of being a lottery pick.

Even if we operate under the insane assumption he's not a lottery pick now, leaving as a junior or senior is not changing that.

Reaction Score

But he wasn't alone

Here’s the thing - sometimes you catch a break along the way. Bazz was pretty bad against Saint Joe’s in regulation. He was maybe 5-15 or so himself, then dribbled off his leg with 2 minutes left and missed a bunny with under a minute left that Brimah cleaned up. We picked him up there - then we had a great run against Villanova when Bazz went to the bench with two fouls down 20-10. From second half on, Bazz was lights out, but without Brimah, and that 15-0 run with him on the bench, maybe his legacy is a lot different. He would have won one as a role player and not gotten it done as a sophomore and senior.

If maybe Bouk could have had some postseason experience last year as the No. 2 option, without a COVID pandemic, he would have had a few big moments, and more experience to call on this time around. Or if we survived this one, he would have gotten his Saint Joe’s game out of the way and played better on Monday.

We consider El-Amin one of our all time great winners and deservedly so, and the same thing happened with him. For those who were too young to really remember it, we have never played a more pressure filled game in program history than Gonzaga in 1999. Not the final four games, the championship games, nothing compares to that one and all the “can we finally make the Final Four” pressure. KEA shot 0-12 - but we won, and he had his NC moments against Duke.

Reaction Score
I let it go the first 99 times you said it tonight, but after 100 it's time to respond. You clearly have no understanding of how NBA teams evaluate players, staying 3-4 years before coming out basically eliminates you from all consideration of being a lottery pick.

Even if we operate under the insane assumption he's not a lottery pick now, leaving as a junior or senior is not changing that.
Okay maybe you don’t understand the NBA. Alright I follow the NBA. I saw lottery picks that weren’t ready be drafted were are they now. I know there were going to be people like you disagreeing with me tonight that’s okay. But he isn’t ready.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom