If not basketball, then what sport? | The Boneyard

If not basketball, then what sport?

Reaction Score
What sport(s) do your family members play either recreationally or for a team, and why did they choose that sport?

And, recreationally , what sports do you play unless you also play for a professional or semi-professional team?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Slow-pitch softball....gets me out of the house and there's always beer afterwards. Used to play more competitively and travel around to national tourneys in Fla, Va., Ohio, Vegas, etc but it's tough now with kids so I stick to local league ball these days.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Oldest son, age 40, still plays baseball in CT for the Brookfield Knights.

The old man, me, rides the bike 6+ miles everyday - well almost every day. Not today! Social get-together last night! Too much bourbon!!!

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I played baseball,football, and basketball, coached basketball .baseball , and soccer.
I don’t watch any sports except UConn basketball and National Team Soccer. I really don’t watch much television.
My Gym had been closed or I would be working out with light weights or the elliptical, plus I walk a minimum of 6 miles a day.
I have been walking indoors ,because of the heat ,sometimes timing them. I’ve never completed a 5k averaging 15 minute miles ,which is a goal but I have done under 15 min miles. That’s 4MPH walking for the math challenged. That’s my sport competition with myself and Father Time. The former I can’t lose the later I can’t win.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I played baseball in college and haven’t picked up a bat (in a game) since.

but if you put me in a batting cage with a friend throwing to me, I could hit for hours. It’s a blast.

Pre Covid I just lifted and did a lot of yoga. Really found it helpful to avoid a lot of aches and pains. But then I had shoulder surgery and am just now getting back into yoga, 18 months after the injury.

I’d love to get into like karate or mma, or BJJ but the prices are exorbitant

I would also like to learn how to surf

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Eating, but until very recently, I didn’t know it was a sport.

I'm sure everyone who tries the steak challenge thing going into it thinking this way, but I have a hard time seeing 72 oz of steak as much of a challenge. I've eaten 1/2 as much as a snack, and that was when I weighed 140 pounds.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Have you tried Pickleball?

Heard of it but not sure I know where to find a court. I am a NYC dweller. If not tennis, I do paddleball by myself which is good exercise.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Grew up playing football. Tried golf in the late 90's, 2000's never got the bug, then friggin hip replacement and have not played since. I love watching college football and lacrosse. Watch NFL primarily for the Chiefs, Rams to a lesser degree. MLB playoffs when the Cardinals are in.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
My kid plays basketball, football and we work out with lacrosse sticks, ball-handling. Not as much with lax now that we're in the Bay area.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My Grandkids play hockey hockey and more hockey. Recreationally I am a retired runner who bikes, swims and plays golf now. Still wish I could run though nothing like it!

Reaction Score
All I really do is lifting but hope to get back into tennis.

Reaction Score
running and cycling and biking and soccer for the kids. I'd like to get into tennis. heck I'd like to get into rugby or lacrosse but that would be unwise at this stage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom