If not basketball, then what sport? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If not basketball, then what sport?

Reaction Score
Baseball and basketball through community college. Baseball in most of the major twilight leagues in CT until married and city league hoops in Meriden, Enfield and a little Springfield until son was born. Racketball throughout to stay in shape for those days. Coached baseball, basketball. Golf more serious when I stopped most everything.

My son baseball, basketball and volleyball in HS.. Won a state championship in volleyball Massachusetts. College same as me baseball and hoops. Now coaches both boys and womens HS volleyball in Western MA.. Played v-ball state leagues and open tournies until he blew his ACL out 2 years ago

My wife, decent cornhole player, solid darts and tae kwon do brown belt.

No updates tough to get old.

Reaction Score
I was a swimmer growing up. Also recreational skiing, tennis, a little baseball (little league), and very poor golf. Dabbled in club water polo toward the end of college and for a few years after. Have done a few triathlons in the last few years, but suck at the run. Play very bad golf still. I am a pretty avid watcher of college hoops, and then baseball in the summer. Works out nicely as in non-pandemic times, the first hoops games are shortly after the World Series ends and opening day is around the Final Four so its pretty seamless watching. Fairly casual watcher of football, golf, and other sports.

My wife is into triathlon at about the same level as I am, but with no competitive history in any of the 3 disciplines. Our son played baseball up through HS (which kept us busy year round for 10-15 years), and isn't doing much of anything in the college years. Just recovered from COVID so hopefully no long term effects and he can enjoy some recreational sports post-graduation.

Reaction Score
Got into table tennis for a few years and loved it (even though I stunk).
It was fun getting beat by 12 year olds and 80 year olds.
I would still do it but nearest club is 2 hrs away since I moved.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Teeing it up Wednesday at one of my favorite places.. A beautiful country course. Immaculate greens and fairways and friendly people. (O yeah, it's not high dollar)

Reaction Score
Teeing it up Wednesday at one of my favorite places.. A beautiful country course. Immaculate greens and fairways and friendly people. (O yeah, it's not high dollar)
Broke 100 today for the first time, shot a 96. Just started playing 3-4 months ago. It’s pretty fun and maddening. The course I play at is about 18 bucks for 9 holes, but everyone usually just pays for 9 but plays 18.

Reaction Score
Club soccer in college and have been playing several times a week for years up until covid. Recurring hamstring issue and tendonitis in both achilles are slowly forcing me towards early retirement unfortunately.

Snowboarding is my backup and I'm really excited to get my oldest (2yrs) on skis this winter. Would love to get back into olympic lifting but home gym equipment is harder to find than toilet paper was a few months ago...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Broke 100 today for the first time, shot a 96. Just started playing 3-4 months ago. It’s pretty fun and maddening. The course I play at is about 18 bucks for 9 holes, but everyone usually just pays for 9 but plays 18.
Congratulations. That’s terrific

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Zags and I both still play Ultimate frisbee. We've played at Nationals together... thirty some odd years after playing in college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom