If ND wins, should NCAA be forced to explain itself on Shepard? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

If ND wins, should NCAA be forced to explain itself on Shepard?

Reaction Score
First post. A big fan but trying to see things outside the box.
Maybe Geno does not want immediate play available through waivers. He wants them to sit and watch for a year and learn the system instead of these bigs “interrupting “ his offense and thus losing a play year, as well. Probably tells them it works for you too because you can get a graduate degree. They were too smart for that in the end. Became too hard to crack his lineup he was loyal to ... even at crucial
times..... when “big” play was working. Didn’t want to be on the bench. They moved on. They watched and learned long enough.

Reaction Score
Do you honestly think that request had any chance of being granted? Yes! Notre Dame proved it can happen.

Do you honestly think that ND doesn't get special treatment from the NCAA like Duke does on the men's side? No! I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I don't believe in UFOs, Big Foot, Yeti, Elvis is alive, etc., etc., etc.
Then you are biased to the point of being delusional.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Then you are biased to the point of being delusional.

I'm biased. I'm biased! I'm BIASED! You ARE BIASED and seriously delusional. What proof do you have for your Notre Dame conspiracy theory? You have provided more than enough proof of your irrational hatred of Notre Dame and resentment for them beating UCONN, so skip any more proof of your hatred. Focus on factual proof. Oh! Yeah, just like UFOs and Yetis definitive proof is really hard to find.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm biased. I'm biased! I'm BIASED! You ARE BIASED and seriously delusional. What proof do you have for your Notre Dame conspiracy theory? You have provide more than enough proof of your irrational hatred of Notre Dame and resentment for them beating UCONN, so skip any more proof of your hatred. Focus on factual proof. Oh! Yeah, just like UFOs and Yetis definitive proof is really hard to find.
YOU are on a UCONN board defending why a ND player should have been granted a waiver that rarely, if ever, gets granted to any other player for any other team. Why in the world would I go beyond this one example? I have better things to do than argue with a biased and delusional fan.

Reaction Score
Are you sure all those players were turned down? I thought some of them did not apply. Did any of those players experience a coaching change during their tenure at their schools?

Really are you Muffet, did you specify on your whining request please please give us Shepard we only have 7 players of which 5 are starters and a bunch of which ND think is nothings filling out our bench and I will take anything like the transfer who trashed The Stanford coach and tried to cause her to lose her job even though no other coach would take her, oh and make sure no other team gets a transfer and Promise I will say they never applied.

Reaction Score
I'm biased. I'm biased! I'm BIASED! You ARE BIASED and seriously delusional. What proof do you have for your Notre Dame conspiracy theory? You have provide more than enough proof of your irrational hatred of Notre Dame and resentment for them beating UCONN, so skip any more proof of your hatred. Focus on factual proof. Oh! Yeah, just like UFOs and Yetis definitive proof is really hard to find.
Check the box score of the UConn v ND game. Notice the FS difference. Check the final foul by Mabrey against MSU. Both of ND's final four wins were severely tainted , , , hence a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
YOU are on a UCONN board defending why a ND player should have been granted a waiver that rarely, if ever, gets granted to any other player for any other team. Gee, what was I thinking? Actually I was not defending why they were granted a dispensation as much as their right to apply and get a dispensation.

Why in the world would I go beyond this one example? Because you have nothing else to provide. No evidence, nothing, zilch, nada, zippo. As for this example just what is it an example of? Where is the trend? Where is the evidence that this example is NCAA favoritism?

I have better things to do than argue with a biased and delusional fan. Well then go do those things and stop talking to yourself.

Reaction Score
Let fans be upset, they have the right and they don’t need to be told they don’t. No one know s factually who applied but we do know that 1 team got what they wanted and we know Dawn didn’t and she sure as hell was mad about the fact. Both she and Geno pointed out that seemingly by the words of the NCAA there would normally not be transfers unless you lie.

Reaction Score
I'll just say this about the Shepard situation - it is very bad optics for ND & WCBB. The reason is there seems to be little to no transparency about the rules & what happened in this particular situation. Obviously, Geno is not going to call this out in public. But, WCBB would be very prudent to clear up the policy on this going forward.

JS

Reaction Score
Maybe it's the nature of this thread -- i.e. season-long fuse of simmering resentment leads to detonation after perceived results -- but people need to calm down and ditch the personal attacks.

To today's group of posters, this means you.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Check the box score of the UConn v ND game. Notice the FS difference. Check the final foul by Mabrey against MSU. Both of ND's final four wins were severely tainted , , , hence a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • upload_2018-4-5_12-48-48.png

Reaction Score
I'll just say this about the Shepard situation - it is very bad optics for ND & WCBB. The reason is there seems to be little to no transparency about the rules & what happened in this particular situation. Obviously, Geno is not going to call this out in public. But, WCBB would be very prudent to clear up the policy on this going forward.

It’s clear that the NCAA felt allowing Shepard to play was good for the game. ND as the national champion is good for the sport, and the NCAA knew it couldn’t happen without Shepard in the lineup.

Reaction Score
How many women basketball player got the waiver for this year? Just asking
Not being rhetorical bc I truly don’t know. Is it routine to ask for a waiver or do people assume it won’t be approved and so they don’t even ask?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
The complaint with the Shepard waiver from all the chatter at the FF was the fact that Shepard stayed at Nebraska while Romeo left immediately and yet she still got a waiver though she had no problem with the Nebraska situation after stating she was leaving to have better opportunities. Something just stinks about the whole situation when all those other coaches were turned down. Plus the fact that McGraw continued the whine a lot interviews.

As far as the PAC coaches go, Graves, Rueck and Trakh, at the very least, would have greatly benefitted from their transfers. Trakh also had a very very short bench and never whined. The other shtick to the PAC was the fact that McGraw took Thompson and disregarded what all the PAC coaches knew that Thompson was trying to sue Tara. From the final four I learned not one other coach would take her due to their respect for Tara. It is a small world and coaches don't forget who their pals are.

Last edited:

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Nothing, just whining LMAO

Nothing ever came of it as it had no grounds apparently.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The other shtick to the PAC was the fact that McGraw took Thompson and disregarded what all the PAC coaches knew that Thompson was trying to sue Tara. From the final four I learned not one other coach would take her due to their respect for Tara. It is a small world and coaches don't forget who their pals are.

How does one "try to sue"? You either file a lawsuit or you don't.

Makes sense that other coaches would consider Thompson radioactive out of respect for Tara. Not disputing that.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
How does one "try to sue"? You either file a lawsuit or you don't.

Makes sense that other coaches would consider Thompson radioactive out of respect for Tara. Not disputing that.

They get a lawyer, the lawyer contacts a lot of people in the hopes of getting negative information about the person they want to sue. A smart lawyer would only file if they actually collected any information to back their clients complaints.

That of course just one aspect when you consider the attempts to get the coach into trouble through the University process.

BTW McGraw was told about these attempts.

Reaction Score
Some UConn fans are being ridiculous about this. ND won it fair and square. There was no conspiracy by the NCAA or refs to make ND the national champion. No asterisk is needed in the record book. Sometimes the most important player a team can have is the one that can make shots under the most duress at the biggest moments. UConn doesn't have that and ND does. Good for them. Maybe next year UConn will learn its lesson and put teams away when they have the chance.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
First post. A big fan but trying to see things outside the box.
Maybe Geno does not want immediate play available through waivers. He wants them to sit and watch for a year and learn the system instead of these bigs “interrupting “ his offense and thus losing a play year, as well. Probably tells them it works for you too because you can get a graduate degree. They were too smart for that in the end. Became too hard to crack his lineup he was loyal to ... even at crucial
times..... when “big” play was working. Didn’t want to be on the bench. They moved on. They watched and learned long enough.
Welcome to the Boneyard!

Reaction Score
I could understand it being perceived as whining or sour grapes if the issue came up after a loss, but this Shepard thing existed before and transcends any final results. I seriously doubt that the NCAA granted Shepard her waiver thinking it would get ND the Championship. Even with Shepard that would have been considered highly unlikely. In fact had they known this outcome they might have been less apt to grant it. ND winning the Title only puts it farther into the fore front. Had they not won it would have been yesterdays news and soon forgotten by most fans. So yes if in fact while sour grapes does play somewhat of a part in keeping it alive it is still not what gave it birth.

Still the issue is not whether ND won the National Championship. That is history and can not be changed. The issue is not on what happened in the past, but what will happen in the future due to this precedent. No organization should ever be beyond accountability to the people it serves. There is just too much money involved with college athletics to allow any group of people this much latitude and power. Granted WCBB is not a real money maker but the organization that makes the decisions is the same that makes the decisions about high income sports. It appears that when ever power and money are involved corruption is soon to follow. Unfortunately it seems to have already permeated every aspect of our society.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom