if Jalen played with Emeka, how many assists | Page 2 | The Boneyard

if Jalen played with Emeka, how many assists

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Some are looking at what he is not; I'm picturing what he could be if he played for Calhoun or on a good team.

Reaction Score
Would be better as a 2 guard.....but he has a poor outside shot. How does that work again?
It's very simple actually. Without the ball in his hands, he doesn't have to facilitate. Anytime he gets the ball out on the wing, he is in better position to attack the rim rather than standing still on top of the key for 15 seconds. As a pg, he forces the issue. As an attacking two, he penetrates the defense much more effectively. I have seen him turn the ball over way too often to recognize he isn't a pure pg. In fact, he is a reason why the offense is so stagnant. He makes no one around him better nor does he find them easy shots. You don't have to be a stand up jump shooter to play the two which is part of the reason why Rashad never caught a whiff of the NBA.

Reaction Score
It's very simple actually. Without the ball in his hands, he doesn't have to facilitate. Anytime he gets the ball out on the wing, he is in better position to attack the rim rather than standing still on top of the key for 15 seconds. As a pg, he forces the issue. As an attacking two, he penetrates the defense much more effectively. I have seen him turn the ball over way too often to recognize he isn't a pure pg. In fact, he is a reason why the offense is so stagnant. He makes no one around him better nor does he find them easy shots. You don't have to be a stand up jump shooter to play the two which is part of the reason why Rashad never caught a whiff of the NBA.

You'd have one tremendous guard if you could throw Rashad and Jalen together and make one player - wow! They both needed the strengths of the other. I do think if Jalen works on his mid range game especially he may be able to catch on some day. Also needs to work on that body so he can stop shying away from contact. He has some tremendous moves which need him to stay away form the physical game but in the G League/NBA the guards aren't shy about driving it hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom