If Gilbert misses a game or two... | The Boneyard

If Gilbert misses a game or two...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Sid Wilson and run JA and CV at guards. Sid at the 3, Polley the 4, and Carlton at 5
No way. Our half court offense will turn back into the iso heavy garbage we saw last year. You need 3 perimeter ball handlers to run the guard motion weave dribble drive jump stop heavy offense Hurley runs. No way sid can operate on the perimeter like this. He looks completely lost now playing the 4. Tarin is an easy start if Gilbert can’t go.

Reaction Score
No way. Our half court offense will turn back into the iso heavy garbage we saw last year. You need 3 perimeter ball handlers to run the guard motion weave dribble drive jump stop heavy offense Hurley runs. No way sid can operate on the perimeter like this. He looks completely lost now playing the 4. Tarin is an easy start if Gilbert can’t go.

Sid has 1 more assist than me this season

Reaction Score
I love Sid's upside, but his spacing on the offensive end isn't there. I worry about them clogging things up just when Carlton seems to finally be getting it. I'd start Smith and see if he can knock down some shots. If Polley can drain some more 3's I think the offense will be okay. Al's penetration and kickout will me missed though if he's out for some time.

Reaction Score
I love Sid's upside, but his spacing on the offensive end isn't there. I worry about them clogging things up just when Carlton seems to finally be getting it. I'd start Smith and see if he can knock down some shots. If Polley can drain some more 3's I think the offense will be okay. Al's penetration and kickout will me missed though if he's out for some time.

Sid needs to play to hopefully develop but he shouldn't start. Statistically, he the worst player on our team. 5 PER, 33TS%.

Reaction Score
Hate to go negative but without Gilbert it matters not almost. I see ugliness coming. Big big loss. Maybe he plays?

Reaction Score
Sid and Tyler have not played all year together no reason to think it will start now. Sid is giving the team nothing at offensive end and save for an occasional highlight block is not overwhelming on defense either. If Gilbert can’t go smith starts. Vital is not a ball handler so you can’t leave that to Jalen alone.

Reaction Score
Were we going to win this game anyways? We lost at home by 12. At least get Sid and B. Adams minutes if gilby can’t play. If he’s good to go, go for the win.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Let’s get Brendan Adams some more run and see what he can do. Kid’s gotta play to grow.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on who gets the start?
I know what I would do .
Simply move JA to point
Move CV to the 2
Play Wilson in a rotation with B. Adams at the 3
Polley at the 4 with Diarra
Obviously Carlton at the 5 with Cobb
Keep Smith as a 6th man so we can keep a fresh guard rotation.
It’s actually Smiths presence and versatility that prevents this from being a disaster..
He can play the 1 or 2

Reaction Score
When Sid gets the ball on offense he rushes. He forces a shot 99% of the time and doesn't look to pass. I think he needs time, maybe next year things will slow down for him and he will take his time and take a good shot. Hes just a fresman basketball wise.

Reaction Score
Were we going to win this game anyways? We lost at home by 12. At least get Sid and B. Adams minutes if gilby can’t play. If he’s good to go, go for the win.

We're playing much better now than we were 3 weeks ago.

Reaction Score
When Sid gets the ball on offense he rushes. He forces a shot 99% of the time and doesn't look to pass. I think he needs time, maybe next year things will slow down for him and he will take his time and take a good shot. Hes just a fresman basketball wise.
Sid is a 4* freshman basketball wise?

Reaction Score
Can’t be Sid, Tyler and Josh leaves them with only 2 guys who you want to put the ball on tje floor same two who can pass it. Too weak on O ......has to be Tarin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom