If Football Somehow Stays in the AAC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If Football Somehow Stays in the AAC

Reaction Score
I think that some of that is that the leaking of the deal caused us to move without our i's dotted and t's crossed. If this came out in a month, with a SNY deal in place, a couple of more home and aways scheduled for football, and a detailed analysis of how we are coming out ahead financially, would you feel so strongly against it?

It wasn’t supposed to come out a month from now. The Medium East and the Board voted this week. Also I would bet that not a single game will be scheduled in the next 30 days. If we don’t get 2020 sorted we’re dead meat.

Reaction Score
Lots of AAC fanboys saying we killed the football program and P5 dream. May be best to wait until all the football details are ironed out. I suspect some egg on faces.

Yes because the administration has so deftly handled matters like this in the past. I get that the AAC sucks but the football team has been driven off a cliff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It wasn’t supposed to come out a month from now. The Medium East and the Board voted this week. Also I would bet that not a single game will be scheduled in the next 30 days. If we don’t get 2020 sorted we’re dead meat.
Yeah, I'm not saying that I'm not worried about it, but I think everyone would be happier if the roll out was more professionally done.

Reaction Score
Almost all of these AAC schools are losing money on football. The NBE schools don't have that albatross. I think your concern is unfounded.
In the recent past, Houston, UCF, and Tulane built new football stadiums. (SMU's stadium opened in 2000.) Cincinnati and ECU have done extensive renovations. Temple has looked into a new stadium.

In basketball, UCF built a new arena and USF, Houston, Tulane, Cincinnati, and SMU have done renovations. Yes, the AAC is investing in facilities.

And, they are investing in basketball coaches. The head coaches are pretty good in men's basketball: Kelvin Sampson, Gregg Marshall, Johnny Dawkins, Frank Haith, Ron Hunter, John Brannen. We don't know about Penny Hardaway and Aaron McKie yet.

Reaction Score
It wasn’t supposed to come out a month from now. The Medium East and the Board voted this week.
Month? Perhaps few weeks to before Susie’s 7/31 departure, but not last Friday. Once the baby apparently slippedout of the womb prematurely, yup the NBE and BoT kind of had to admit a pregnancy occurred and cast post-decision votes.

Reaction Score
Month? Perhaps few weeks to before Susie’s 7/31 departure, but not last Friday. Once the baby apparently slippedout of the womb prematurely, yup the NBE and BoT kind of had to admit a pregnancy occurred and cast post-decision votes.

I think that would have happened this week regardless. The leak is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
If football stays in the AAC it’s still negative. We’re locked into the BE for a long time now, killing any shot of joining a P5 school and the narrative that we are committed to getting the program to a P5 level.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to argue with someone saying the sky is green. I don’t know what to tell you other than you’re just objectively wrong.

You’re a good fan who cares a lot, and I respect that. I’m clearly not going to convince you and you’re not going to convince me.

Who’s right will become clear in time.
It's gaslighting at it's finest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom