If Amidah Brima ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If Amidah Brima ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Brimah earned every foul in this game by making silly mistakes. That is not always the case, but I could not argue with any of these calls in this game. But, Brimah was not the reason we lost.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This was actually a much better performance by Enoch than usual, unless I missed something.

Reaction Score
Also, someone posted on the game thread after Peak torched Vance baseline and Enoch fouled him that we needed AB in. Zero chance Brimah wouldn't have fouled too there

Brimah earned every foul in this game by making silly mistakes. That is not always the case, but I could not argue with any of these calls in this game. But, Brimah was not the reason we lost.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is at worst the third most to blame for this loss behind Purvis and Steve
Disagree - AB's inability to play more than 12 minutes killed this team
I thought SE did some good things because he was forced to play so many minutes
And I am not going to comment on RP because there are too many RP bashers - he didn't have a good game - that's all I'll say

Reaction Score
I agree, I would like to see him start going forward. I get some people want UConn to focus on trying to win the AAC Champ, which seems like a long shot, but UConn has 0 top 50 wins and 2 top 100. I'd rather focus 100% on developing players for next season. Let SE and VJ play 30+ mins/night and JD as much as he can medically

This was actually a much better performance by Enoch than usual, unless I missed something.

Reaction Score
Ties his shoes in the locker room with no one around him, is it a foul?

Four years of phantom calls against this guy that no one else in the history of basketball has gotten so consistently.

Love the Brimah lovers, please... 4 were fouls. #5 wasn't but it was his fault on how awful he played the pick off of it by 6-8 feet and never moved his feet to contain the driver never mind never thought of hedging at all. The early bad defense and foul, as well as the rebound and travel must have annoyed KO an awful lot huh? He and Rodney killed us, can't lose that game. Rodney had so many empty possessions it was really on of his worst performances I can remember.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I disagree with all of you on the blame for the loss. Brimah is the king of the phantom. I didn't see a foul on #5. That hip check was about as bad a foul as he could have committed.
I also agree that Purvis continues to make freshman type mistakes, particularly on that charge in the 2nd half.
But, I'm going to Ollie for blame. Great first half with ball movement, multiple screens and people getting in the paint and kicking out to open shooters. The 2nd half I saw very little of that. I think that's why Jackson had a silent 2nd half, because he benefited from the driving and kicking. It seemed that the offense returned to the mode they had before we won 2 in a row. Since we have only Adams who can consistently beat his man off the dribble, and to a lesser extent Jackson lately, we need to get in the lane and kick it back out again. We cannot keep letting the shot clock run down to 8 and then pray Adams can do something. For years now we often seem to change our offense once we get a lead in the 2nd half instead of continuing to do what got us there. To me this was just another example of that.

Reaction Score
My reassignment of the reason WE lost?

We failed to box out well enough particularly when we played Zone. Repeatedly. Repeatedly ... a Georgetown kid grabbed an easy offensive board. And scored.

Yes; I hate Purvis losing the ball in crucial times up the court. And Brimah is a leading indicator of when things are going to go bad; he just often gets this team out of whack with early foul trouble. Enoch? He's easily criticized. Roams to far away his primary D responsibility. But I sensed that merely bodying an opposing player would have been a 10 point swing. That's fundamental.

Reaction Score
My reassignment of the reason WE lost?

We failed to box out well enough particularly when we played Zone. Repeatedly. Repeatedly ... a Georgetown kid grabbed an easy offensive board. And scored.

Yes; I hate Purvis losing the ball in crucial times up the court. And Brimah is a leading indicator of when things are going to go bad; he just often gets this team out of whack with early foul trouble. Enoch? He's easily criticized. Roams to far away his primary D responsibility. But I sensed that merely bodying an opposing player would have been a 10 point swing. That's fundamental.

This and the fact we didn't get ANY of the "team" rebounds which bounced on the floor, even the 1st half when they played well. I know it's bad bounces sometimes, but people need to stick their nose in and make a play!

Reaction Score
I was watching the game with a G'Town friend and I turned and looked at him and said how is it possible in the 2nd half that G'Town is in the bonus and doesn't have one team foul against UConn? He agreed completely. And almost on cue, G'Town rattles off 5 team fouls in like 45 seconds and then another trip up and down the floor and it was 6. The foul calls were just egregious and head scratching.

I've got nothing against Purvis, but why does it seem like every time he shoots a 3, it's always while nobody else is in the paint to crash the boards? I guess it may be a result of the offense we run that brings our big men to the perimeter and high post, it just seems like that's always what happens and I like the kid, but he doesn't have the jump shot to warrant that type of confidence.

Jackson really looks like he's getting more comfortable. I like the spin moves in the paint, but really looked like a foot shuffling today on his part and probably should have gone the other way. Facey had a great close range shot working and Jalen had a monster game too. Tough to stomach a squandered 14 point lead.

Reaction Score
Ties his shoes in the locker room with no one around him, is it a foul?

Four years of phantom calls against this guy that no one else in the history of basketball has gotten so consistently.
If they gave him a foul for every chippy he missed, he'd foul out of every game.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If they gave him a foul for every chippy he missed, he'd foul out of every game.
You decided to post this almost a month later after a game he went 4/4 from the floor and 4/4 from the line for 12 points, 8 boards and 4 blocks with only 1 foul?

The only thing more ridiculous than the post is the timing. I suggest you find a good friend to review your typing and decide whether hitting 'Post Reply' is a good idea or not as you obviously have no ability to determine correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom