Ice Brady on getting to Storrs "I’m just cheesing just thinking about it. I can’t wait.” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ice Brady on getting to Storrs "I’m just cheesing just thinking about it. I can’t wait.”

Reaction Score
I'm happy that she's joining the program. She's super talented and seems like a great kid.

I'm interested to see how the big rotation works this upcoming season. I thought Liv was very good last year and will be missed. I kinda feel like AE is the only one who is for sure going to play a lot of minutes. I'm a big Dorka of fan, but with her injury and stiff competition, I could see her getting similar minutes to last year instead of increasing her role. I wouldn't be in favor of that but coach seems excited about Amari and Ice so they may be ready to play this year.

Reaction Score
Here we go again. Bone Dog’s. comment is spot on. Yes, SC was an extremely strong rebounding team. But surely you can acknowledge that UConn would not have been outrebounded by 24 with a healthy Liv, Dorka and Aubrey in the lineup, let alone Evina & Azzi.
Surely??
UCONN has been hammered on the boards the last three times they’ve faced SC.
Look it up.
We’re those inadequacies all the result of injuries?
Not.

Reaction Score
It might be a regional thing that isn’t used everywhere. I grew up in Indiana, and it was a very normal word we used when I was a kid. And I’m not young …. we used it 40 years ago. It means smiling excessively and not able to hold it back.

I've been here in Indiana for about the past 35 years, have not heard that slang.....but what do I know - haven't been running with the "in" crowd whatsoever, and probably never have...! :D:D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Surely??
UCONN has been hammered on the boards the last three times they’ve faced SC.
Look it up.
We’re those inadequacies all the result of injuries?
Not.
Obviously, you don’t want to answer my question. SC outrebounded just about everyone this past season. Would SC have outrebounded a healthy UConn team by +24 with everyone healthy? Two seasons ago, SC was +13 in an overtime loss of to UConn. In the game in the Bahamas, without Aubrey and with less than strong efforts from Dorka & Aaliyah, SC was +17. Fast forward to the championship game, without Dorka and Aubrey, along with injuries/illness to Liv, Evina & Azzi, SC was +24. So YES, the rebounding differential was most definitely impacted by injuries to UConn players.

Reaction Score
Precisely. It is a matter of ranking the causes/symptoms. A root cannot be theoretical is has to be based on what actually happened because the theoretically possibilities are literally endless. For example, you cannot say the root cause of that accident you were in was because the most experienced driver in the car was in the passenger seat and could/should have been driving. IMO the root cause for the SC domination was the rebounding differential. @Tonyc had put forth an equally good root cause in pointing to the FTA differential (26 for SC to 4 for UCONN). I would loved to have seen better shooting & better health on the part of UCONN but that wishful thinking and not very useful for determining root cause.
Once again, we agree. You shouldn't resist me so much. We're actually BY soulmates.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Once again, we agree. You shouldn't resist me so much. We're actually BY soulmates.
patrick stewart resistance is futile GIF

Reaction Score
Obviously, you don’t want to answer my question. SC outrebounded just about everyone this past season. Would SC have outrebounded a healthy UConn team by +24 with everyone healthy? Two seasons ago, SC was +13 in an overtime loss of to UConn. In the game in the Bahamas, without Aubrey and with less than strong efforts from Dorka & Aaliyah, SC was +17. Fast forward to the championship game, without Dorka and Aubrey, along with injuries/illness to Liv, Evina & Azzi, SC was +24. So YES, the rebounding differential was most definitely impacted by injuries to UConn players.
Last year’s win “the immaculate” 3 point bounce/basket-UCONN creamed on the boards.
This past years first meeting- UCONN creamed on the boards.
Championship game-UCONN destroyed on the boards.
I don’t care if SC out rebounds “ just about everyone”.
I only care about how they do against UCONN.
Does that answer your question?
Obviously, Coach also considers it a major failing.
Noted and hopefully addressed by incoming talent.
If I’m off regarding this shortcoming-so is the Coach.
And he ain’t wrong.

Reaction Score
Geno probably diagnosed this problem years ago. Do you think that is why he targeted Ayanna and Ice in the first place? I’m hoping for a strong rotation of bigs next year where each one of them work their tails off. I’d even like to see 3 bigs in the game at once sometimes to handle the rebounding differential with teams like SC. Ayanna is pretty quick. I think she could really emerge as a rebounding force. Put her in and just tell her to go get the ball. She’s a potential game changing rebounder.

Reaction Score
I agree with both @CocoHusky and @meyers7 . We needed more rebounding and toughness, yes, but the fact that Juhasz was out, ONO injured and Griffins lost for the season suggests a problem of circumstance more than personnel.

But as far as “rebounding wins championships,” if that were true then Tennessee would have at least one more championship and we would have one fewer. It’s possible even, due to my vague memories, that Tennessee might be ahead of us right now in championships if “rebounding wins championships” was the rule.
Agree plus you left out Azzi's illness and Paige operating at 80%. 50% of the top 3 players likely played at less than full speed.
While I always value rebounding, toughness does not always relate to size and strength. During Paige's frosh year, I would vote her one of the toughest Huskies out there. When Paige was out and much of the team was injured, Caroline was exceptionally tough when carrying the UConn offense. While we were soundly beaten in the Championship, I wouldn't let one game diminish what I expect to be a very tough team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Last year’s win “the immaculate” 3 point bounce/basket-UCONN creamed on the boards.
This past years first meeting- UCONN creamed on the boards.
Championship game-UCONN destroyed on the boards.
I don’t care if SC out rebounds “ just about everyone”.
I only care about how they do against UCONN.
Does that answer your question?
Obviously, Coach also considers it a major failing.
Noted and hopefully addressed by incoming talent.
If I’m off regarding this shortcoming-so is the Coach.
And he ain’t wrong.
When someone asks me a direct question, I try to answer it directly without obfuscation. So in response to your question, “Does that answer your (my) question?” My answer is “No!”

My question for the 3rd and final time is, “Would SC have outrebounded a healthy UConn team by 24?” Rather than going on a lengthy diatribe about past games between UConn & SC, I would suggest three possible answers: 1) Yes 2) No 3) Not sure.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Agree plus you left out Azzi's illness and Paige operating at 80%. 50% of the top 3 players likely played at less than full speed.
While I always value rebounding, toughness does not always relate to size and strength. During Paige's frosh year, I would vote her one of the toughest Huskies out there. When Paige was out and much of the team was injured, Caroline was exceptionally tough when carrying the UConn offense. While we were soundly beaten in the Championship, I wouldn't let one game diminish what I expect to be a very tough team.
I agree we were a tough, resilient team. I should have been more careful in my wording rather than just repeat words.

But for what I really meant, neither Fudd nor Bueckers was an omission. We did not have the healthy resources to make things difficult for SC in the paint.

Reaction Score
When someone asks me a direct question, I try to answer it directly without obfuscation. So in response to your question, “Does that answer your (my) question?” My answer is “No!”

My question for the 3rd and final time is, “Would SC have outrebounded a healthy UConn team by 24?” Rather than going on a lengthy diatribe about past games between UConn & SC, I would suggest three possible answers: 1) Yes 2) No 3) Not sure.
No diatribe.
Welcome to McDonalds— “have it your way”.
Or, as Warner Wolfe used to say— “let’s go to the video tape”.
Mauled on the boards the last three meetings.
Coulda been because of a hangnail.
Coulda been because of a groin injury.
Coulda been because of a phase of the moon.
Would a healthy Dorka closed the rebounding “gap”( chasm)?
Some, but recent past history indicates not enough.
Rebound numbers from last three meetings render your excuses invalid/inadequate.
Numbers don’t lie.
That’s why they keep score.

Reaction Score
I agree we were a tough, resilient team. I should have been more careful in my wording rather than just repeat words.

But for what I really meant, neither Fudd nor Bueckers was an omission. We did not have the healthy resources to make things difficult for SC in the paint.
B-I-N-G-O

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No diatribe.
Welcome to McDonalds— “have it your way”.
Or, as Warner Wolfe used to say— “let’s go to the video tape”.
Mauled on the boards the last three meetings.
Coulda been because of a hangnail.
Coulda been because of a groin injury.
Coulda been because of a phase of the moon.
Would a healthy Dorka closed the rebounding “gap”( chasm)?
Some, but recent past history indicates not enough.
Rebound numbers from last three meetings render your excuses invalid/inadequate.
Numbers don’t lie.
That’s why they keep score.
I’ll take that as a somewhat long-winded “yes.”

Reaction Score
But as far as “rebounding wins championships,” if that were true then Tennessee would have at least one more championship and we would have one fewer. It’s possible even, due to my vague memories, that Tennessee might be ahead of us right now in championships if “rebounding wins championships” was the rule.
+1.

Reaction Score
There has been a lot of speculation on the BY as to whether Geno would tap into the portal for another Big, and why he ultimately didn’t. I think the answers to why he didn’t are “Ice” and “Ayanna.” :cool:
Really looking forward (no pun intended) for all 3 - included is Amari.

Reaction Score
Every time I see her I just think Morgan Tuck... 4 championships ain't bad....
I'd gladly take that..........I think Brady has a better outside game than Tuck but I haven't spent enough time analyzing her footwork close to the basket.........if it's even 70% as good as Tuck's we'll all be very pleased with the results.......

Reaction Score
I'm happy that she's joining the program. She's super talented and seems like a great kid.

I'm interested to see how the big rotation works this upcoming season. I thought Liv was very good last year and will be missed. I kinda feel like AE is the only one who is for sure going to play a lot of minutes. I'm a big Dorka of fan, but with her injury and stiff competition, I could see her getting similar minutes to last year instead of increasing her role. I wouldn't be in favor of that but coach seems excited about Amari and Ice so they may be ready to play this year.
I think Dorka will get starter's minutes as long as she is contributing on the boards and defensively..........I expect Brady to have a major impact in her freshman season at both ends of the court...........I don't think you'll find a more athletic tandem of forwards than Edwards and Patterson................they should be relentless on the glass..........where Deberry fits in the picture is an interesting question..........if she proves she can score she plays some minutes, if she proves she can play defense she'll play more minutes......

Reaction Score

I can’t imagine any of the younger posts out playing Dorko she’s going to get as many minutes is a E and possibly more. She’s probably going to be other than page our most valuable player. They are putting a lot of faith in very young players even after Geno said it takes post players the longest to Develop. I hope I’m wrong but I still believe he should’ve gotten an experienced post in the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
I do believe that we lacked a certain toughness and ability to handle the physical play of certain teams. I am hoping that Brady and Patterson can bring that level of toughness and ability to absorb the physicality of teams to the program. We need those tough-minded players out there that can deal with teams that press up on our players. Hopefully they can help with the rebounding. I can't wait for summer reports to get posted. For me, I just hope that these young players come in with desire to be Great. The next UConn legend.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I can’t imagine any of the younger posts out playing Dorko she’s going to get as many minutes is a E and possibly more. She’s probably going to be other than page our most valuable player. They are putting a lot of faith in very young players even after Geno said it takes post players the longest to Develop. I hope I’m wrong but I still believe he should’ve gotten an experienced post in the transfer portal.
Steph & Stewie both started as freshman centers at UConn. Tuck & Aaliyah were both key contributors at forward as freshmen at UConn. I have great confidence that Geno knows exactly what he’s doing, and he has confidence in Ice & Ayanna.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'd gladly take that..........I think Brady has a better outside game than Tuck but I haven't spent enough time analyzing her footwork close to the basket.........if it's even 70% as good as Tuck's we'll all be very pleased with the results.......
Brady's footwork is top shelf good, not just at the basket but from all over the floor. A bunch of us have been marveling at her footwork since she committed two years ago. Brady is definitely in the Dolson/Tuck class as far as footwork.

Reaction Score
Brady's footwork is top shelf good, not just at the basket but from all over the floor. A bunch of us have been marveling at her footwork since she committed two years ago. Brady is definitely in the Dolson/Tuck class as far as footwork.
if that's the case then I expect great things from her and I'm hopeful she will be an effective offensive weapon from day one......

Reaction Score
Steph & Stewie both started as freshman centers at UConn. Tuck & Aaliyah were both key contributors at forward as freshmen at UConn. I have great confidence that Geno knows exactly what he’s doing, and he has confidence in Ice & Ayanna.
But no way they outplay Dorka for her starting spot. UConn is incredibly lucky that Dorka came back for second year. That may have been her agreement with coach when she came to Connecticut. I hope Geno’s gamble pays off with the freshman and sophomore posts and it is a gamble. I believe in a previous post you stated he’s betting on his ability and his staff’s ability. If any staff can make it happen Connecticut’s is that staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom