Ice Brady makes the USA BB U18 Team [Merged thread] | The Boneyard

Ice Brady makes the USA BB U18 Team [Merged thread]

Reaction Score
Hope she and Del Rosario get along but in a way I hope Brady's play discourages DeRosario from UConn, if you know what I mean.
At least we get to watch some really good players play games this month. These games are almost always on Youtube's FIBA channel.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
FUXksYSVIAE8R8a.jpg

Reaction Score
I’m extremely happy for yet another accomplishment for Ice. I also hope she and Rosario become the best of friends. They both have been focused on the WNBA and worked hard to get where they are now. Congratulations to all!

Reaction Score
Del Rosario would be a good addition to UConn. I’ve seen the recent videos of her game and they show her playing with good energy and confidence. Her skill set seems a bit limited so far. But this will surely evolve over the next year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hope she and Del Rosario get along but in a way I hope Brady's play discourages DeRosario from UConn, if you know what I mean.
At least we get to watch some really good players play games this month. These games are almost always on Youtube's FIBA channel.
I don't know what you mean. Please explain.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade did not make the cut.

Congrats to Ice!

Fiba Americas tournament starts June 13 in Buenos Aires. Won't be much competition in these games so expect plenty of blow-outs.

Del Rosario is listed as living in Danbury, Conn. This is a total surprise to me. Any significance?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Did De Rosario move to CT. I knew she moved south to TN for HS school from NJ I thought. I see that @MilfordHusky type faster than I did.

Reaction Score
Shade not making the team is disturbing and, quite frankly, shocking.

Not knowing the players I can only think that she has motivation now. UConn will likely play UCLA and maybe the schools of the other guards. USA will probably put her on the U19 team so she misses summer school at UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not knowing the players I can only think that she has motivation now. UConn will likely play UCLA and maybe the schools of the other guards. USA will probably put her on the U19 team so she misses summer school at UConn.
A little perspective here. If UCONN plays UCLA this upcoming season Ashlynn will be a spectator. This was I believe Ashlynn 1st USA Basketball trials. This result is surprising but not shocking or disturbing. Ashlyn is gonna go back and play her Senior season of HS basketball. If there is to be any motivation it will be to be better prepared for the next USA basketball trials because she now knows what to expect. USA basketball is not suddenly going to put a player on the u19 team that did not make the u18 team. Besides, half of the the U19 team will be players that have completed a year of college basketball already.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Other than Rice, the four 2022 guards who made the team are Londynn Jones, Kailyn Gilbert, Cotie McMahon and Indya Nivar. Shade is likely better than all 4 of those guards but who knows what went on at the trials and what the committee was looking for.

Reaction Score
Other than Rice, the four 2022 guards who made the team are Londynn Jones, Kailyn Gilbert, Cotie McMahon and Indya Nivar. Shade is likely better than all 4 of those guards but who knows what went on at the trials and what the committee was looking for.
I can't comment since all I've seen is one full Shade game and several highlight videos. Nothing on any of the rest. The selection committee has in the past tried to put together the best team rather than picking the best players.
I'm happy that I'll get to see Brady live, for the 1st time and playing with some pretty good players. I'm still in withdrawal from the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
There is a chance that they just took players from the 2022 class, isn't there?

Reaction Score
3 point shooting is even more important in international basketball isn't it? Ashlyn is a strong defender and more of a 2 point threat. Just my observation over time. Her 3 point shot may not be developed as much as others but with her work ethic it will continue to improve. Another thing is that Ashlyn's biggest strength may be stamina, which isn't needed as much on an international team. Lots of evaluators see things from different perspectives.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Why?

Because she's an elite player and seemingly a perfect international fit. If we were talking an all-star game, Shade not being picked would make sense. But team-oriented, unselfish play, versatile, and capable of putting aside scoring to do whatever it takes for team success? Unless she simply played really poorly, I don't see how she gets left off.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
3 point shooting is even more important in international basketball isn't it? Ashlyn is a strong defender and more of a 2 point threat. Just my observation over time. Her 3 point shot may not be developed as much as others but with her work ethic it will continue to improve. Another thing is that Ashlyn's biggest strength may be stamina, which isn't needed as much on an international team. Lots of evaluators see things from different perspectives.
I doubt any of the 4 guards I mentioned are better 3-point shooters than Shade. Her biggest strength is not her stamina. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom