I was at the game Some thoughts on SC UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I was at the game Some thoughts on SC UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought about starting a thread with the idea that it was BETTER for UConn to lose this game rather than win it. Heck we moved up in the poll this morning.
I disagree and let me explain my thumbs down (so few posters do). I'm more in line with Nika's comments concerning the loss. She's a real "take no prisoners" warrior. I don't believe there is such a thing as a good loss. However, the SC game is nothing to be embarrassed about.

You are correct we did move up with the loss. Remember a couple of weeks ago we moved down with a win? A head scratcher...

Reaction Score
Gonna go on a bit, but I need to get it out about the poor officiating!
Maybe UCONN deserved every foul called on them, but,,,,
Anyone disagreeing with 'why' the refs are not calling the fouls on SC, can go look back at last year's NCAA tournament!
SC had more foul shots then every team they played against in the NCAA's, but the worst part was in every game, they were the far more physical team.
Now you might say the better team gets more fouls, but every game by the more physical team, and by so much, give me a break!!!
In last years final, SC was allowed to manhandle UCONN, and the refs 'rewarded SC' with 22 more foul shots then UCONN!
'22' more fouls shots in the finals! That has to be a record!
Yesterday a home game for UCONN, and the refs only gave SC 11 more foul shots in a 4 pt UCONN loss.
Like I said in the beginning, maybe UCONN deserved every foul, but the questions are,,, how many fouls should the more physical SC have had called on them, and why weren't they?
It's just not good enough to make excuses like its their league and they all go inside, blah blah blah! Or you gotta adjust, that's 'bull you know what' excuses for poor officiating!
Call the game fair both ways!
And so far it hasn't been the last 2 times these 2 teams played!
I'm not saying the results would change, but these young women on both teams deserve a fair game called by the refs!
BTW thru all this, I as a UCONN fan still like SC, and their coach, who I think is a class act along with Geno!
Sundays game 10 of Carolinas foul shots came when UConn was intentionally fouling so the numbers were Fairly even up to tbat point

Reaction Score
I am wondering if UConn could continue the double team on Boston with the boxing out afterward. Boston, for her size, is quick to get to an opening and position herself for chance at offensive rebound. But, if the two defenders who are initially denying her a chance to shoot can also together deny her a chance for an offensive board, then that would take away part of what SC does best.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How long are people going to complain? It’s all been said a hundred times already. There’s a more important conference game tomorrow. Move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom