I thought the Phone was ringing off the hook? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I thought the Phone was ringing off the hook?

Reaction Score
Too soon to expect something. The TV deal is priority #1, but the larger point holds. The AD got everyone's attention with this move. There is a risk/reward in how they handle this. There is a palpable buzz around the future of the program amongst the fanbase and CFB in general. I would hope the announce these games in the most effective way possible. That assumes the games will be significant enough to be worthy of such an announcement.

Holding a press conference to announce we are playing Buffalo and Kent State is going to disappoint a lot of people, even if that should be the realistic expectations for at least 5 of the 8 open dates for 2020.
Benedict already said 2020 is going to be challenge. If anyone is disappointed at next year's schedule, that's a you issue. We need to be realistic about this. Its a new endeavor and it is going to take a few seasons to get it going. Can't believe people are that broken up over not seeing our former AAC opponents.

Reaction Score
I would be astounded if there was a 2020 schedule announcement before the end of 2019.

Reaction Score
Weeks later and not a word to heard on football’s future. Where are all the P5 teams that were calling to schedule games? You’d think this might be something important for a school so committed to football...to articulate a plan, to define a direction that would help build confidence.
Sorry but you don’t distract the team now with future opponents when they’re preparing for game 1 for this season

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
With UConn’s move from the American Athletic Conference to the Big East in every sport but football starting in the 2020 season, the Huskies are going to be looking to fill out a schedule that at one point had eight conference games – and a trip to Tallahassee would be the perfect fit.

This is why I think we are getting some calls on scheduling. Brand name and a easy win.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Benedict already said 2020 is going to be challenge. If anyone is disappointed at next year's schedule, that's a you issue. We need to be realistic about this. Its a new endeavor and it is going to take a few seasons to get it going. Can't believe people are that broken up over not seeing our former AAC opponents.

Which means you don't announce 2020 until you can also announce attractive games in 2021, 2022, etc...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sorry but you don’t distract the team now with future opponents when they’re preparing for game 1 for this season

Or, you start stoking season ticket sales for 2020 and beyond. The wife and I have been attending Bushnell events for years. What made us decide to become subscribers? Hamilton was announced two years early.

FWIW, we are still subscribers and Hamilton is coming back for the 20-21 season. It may be of interest to you more well rounded folks. And yes, the Bushnell customer service is light years ahead of the AD. Have conflict? No problem, exchange your tickets for similar seats on another night.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Get ready to be astounded...
Okay. Would be nice to know by Christmas whether to pull the plug on chairbacks and donations out the wazoo for walk up 5 $ seats.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Okay. Would be nice to know by Christmas whether to pull the plug on chairbacks and donations out the wazoo for walk up 5 $ seats.

I mean if you’ve been picking between Christmas and football tickets you probably shouldn’t have been spending that much the whole time.

Reaction Score

WRONG!! It's the Independent apologists fault. Every single one of you touted "attractive matchups" as the benefit of going Indy. You all made it seem like these "attractive matchups" would start in 2020. Now the narrative is "Its a new endeavor and it is going to take a few seasons to get it going.". Well....which is it?

Reaction Score
WRONG!! It's the Independent apologists fault. Every single one of you touted "attractive matchups" as the benefit of going Indy. You all made it seem like these "attractive matchups" would start in 2020. Now the narrative is "Its a new endeavor and it is going to take a few seasons to get it going.". Well....which is it?
The decision has been made. We are headed back to the Big East with independent football. No amount of foot stomping is going to change it.

I see no difference between playing Liberty or East Carolina at home but to each their own.

Reaction Score
Now you know why there is never a quiet moment during timeouts or between pitches :(

Reaction Score
Weeks later and not a word to heard on football’s future. Where are all the P5 teams that were calling to schedule games? You’d think this might be something important for a school so committed to football...to articulate a plan, to define a direction that would help build confidence.
You weren't involved in the phonecons?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Yes, because there is no difference between getting a schedule cobbled together in < 12 months time, and years down the road.

Reaction Score

Reading comprehension doesn’t sound like your strong suit.

Reaction Score
UConn may not have to fire Benedict but as I said before the university needs to hire a consultant who can set up a decent football schedule. It should be someone who has extensive relationships with P5 football coaches and ADs at these schools. I think adding this task to Benedict's job is just too much to ask. He should be focused on merging with the Big East now and routine duties. I would not hire a consultant just because UConn used the person in the past. You want a well-connected person. Another consultant needs to be hired to represent UConn in discussions with TV companies, like SNY and Fox.

Reaction Score
UConn may not have to fire Benedict but as I said before the university needs to hire a consultant who can set up a decent football schedule. It should be someone who has extensive relationships with P5 football coaches and ADs at these schools. I think adding this task to Benedict's job is just too much to ask. He should be focused on merging with the Big East now and routine duties. I would not hire a consultant just because UConn used the person in the past. You want a well-connected person.

All he needs to do is continue to stay in contact w/ Dave Brown from Gridiron. He’ll be fine.

Reaction Score
UConn may not have to fire Benedict but as I said before the university needs to hire a consultant who can set up a decent football schedule. It should be someone who has extensive relationships with P5 football coaches and ADs at these schools. I think adding this task to Benedict's job is just too much to ask. He should be focused on merging with the Big East now and routine duties. I would not hire a consultant just because UConn used the person in the past. You want a well-connected person. Another consultant needs to be hired to represent UConn in discussions with TV companies, like SNY and Fox.

If this wasn’t serious, the whole “UConn should hire a consultant” shtick would be one of the better trolls on this site.

So congrats to you, I guess

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom