I thought the Phone was ringing off the hook? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I thought the Phone was ringing off the hook?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If this wasn’t serious, the whole “UConn should hire a consultant” shtick would be one of the better trolls on this site.

So congrats to you, I guess

Watching this guy fester was the worst part of my lurking hiatus.

Reaction Score
So many of the Boneyard users fail to learn from UConn's past mistakes. If UConn had the right consultants in place we may have gotten into the ACC over Louisville. It was their dog and pony show that won the ACC over.

Reaction Score
So many of the Boneyard users fail to learn from UConn's past mistakes. If UConn had the right consultants in place we may have gotten into the ACC over Louisville. It was their dog and pony show that won the ACC over.

Except ...

You forget what a Louisville will do and Connecticut never will.

YUM for instance. How do you out-corrupt? That trashy Public Finance won’t fly in ANY Northeastern State

Take this consultant fubar ... and keep it at home. The ACC chose a loathsome Member because ... other ACC schools saw a match. For greater $

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Consultants would have reversed the BC blackball? and ESPN's quest for more/new cable markets to actually fund the ACC expansion?

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UConn may not have to fire Benedict but as I said before the university needs to hire a consultant who can set up a decent football schedule. It should be someone who has extensive relationships with P5 football coaches and ADs at these schools. I think adding this task to Benedict's job is just too much to ask. He should be focused on merging with the Big East now and routine duties. I would not hire a consultant just because UConn used the person in the past. You want a well-connected person. Another consultant needs to be hired to represent UConn in discussions with TV companies, like SNY and Fox.

AD Dave is pulling in over $500,000 a year.

If someone making over half a mill can't handle calling other ADs for football games in addition to "merging with the Big East and routine duties" we have a pretty big problem on our hands.

Reaction Score
Consultants would have reversed the BC blackball? and ESPN's quest for more/new cable markets to actually fund this expansion?
Enticing Clemson, Free Shoes, scUm and other football-centric southern ACC schools, relocation consultants absolutely would have moved the entire Land of Steady Habits 1K miles south.

No utilizing likely available scheduling services and software resources, 2 prior university ADs already on UConn's staff, other existing AD employees with likely scheduling experience and responsibilities, etc. No leveraging on staff media-relations staff. Nope, consultants, consultants, hire consultants ... arghhhhhhhhhh!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we someday want to go to ACC, here are some of the AD salaries 2018 there:
ACC
1. Jack Swarbrick, Notre Dame — $3.05 million
2. Kevin White, Duke — $1.45 million
3. Ron Wellman, Wake Forest — $1.106 million
4. Bubba Cunningham, North Carolina — $1 million
5. Dan Radakovich, Clemson — $950,000

Reaction Score
Nobody is gonna agree to play AT UConn until they know what TV coverage their team will get. Just too soon. Im sure a combination of SNY regional and ESPN3 nation-wide will be enough for most G5 and lower P5 teams though. But even if they agree in principal they wont sign the dotted line and announce until that is in place.

Reaction Score
If this wasn’t serious, the whole “UConn should hire a consultant” shtick would be one of the better trolls on this site.

So congrats to you, I guess
What does a guy who spent time as an assistant AD at Auburn, and who played college football, know about college football schedules?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Rumored: warning - don’t look if you struggle with humor.

Reaction Score
If we someday want to go to ACC, here are some of the AD salaries 2018 there:
ACC
1. Jack Swarbrick, Notre Dame — $3.05 million
2. Kevin White, Duke — $1.45 million
3. Ron Wellman, Wake Forest — $1.106 million
4. Bubba Cunningham, North Carolina — $1 million
5. Dan Radakovich, Clemson — $950,000
Boy, I'm looking for an AD job I'll want to hire the Wake Forest guys agent and not hire the Clemson's guys agent.

Reaction Score
Weeks later and not a word to heard on football’s future. Where are all the P5 teams that were calling to schedule games? You’d think this might be something important for a school so committed to football...to articulate a plan, to define a direction that would help build confidence.

Come on. Don't throw fuel on the fire for no reason.

I'm someone who doesn't think scheduling as an independent is going to be nearly as successful as many on here think/hope, or even what some in the media are projecting after talking to UConn. But, having said that, it's early August. ADs are taking their summer vacations, and if they are working getting ready for the start of the fall season. It will take a few months before you can rationally be taking a victory lap. More likely, you will be taking it when the announcements of whom we are playing start coming in.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Just left the UConn AD office. No sign of Dave but I did ask who this guy was. He is working on 2020 FB scheduling I was told.

busy_business_man.png

Reaction Score
It will get back to the forefront in a few weeks when the "Bottom 10" starts getting posted on espn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom