I rewatched the championship game | The Boneyard

I rewatched the championship game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
for the I don't know how many times, and I tried to count the flops. I lost count in the first half and 12 and counting. On one play two players flopped! One in front of our player and one behind. That's quite a feat, to foul two players at once. Thankfully, the refs let them play on. Wow!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
My favorite play came in the second half when Stef just obliterates Mabrey on a screen, Mabrey falls on her butt and just stays there, MoJeff misses a three and Stef gets the rebound, putback and gets fouled. Mabrey finally gets up and puts her hands in the air, exasperated, and looks over at the ND bench.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
My favorite play came in the second half when Stef just obliterates Mabrey on a screen, Mabrey falls on her butt and just stays there, MoJeff misses a three and Stef gets the rebound, putback and gets fouled. Mabrey finally gets up and puts her hands in the air, exasperated, and looks over at the ND bench.
I'll bet Muffet didn't clap. :rolleyes:

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
pg2_g_odom_275.jpg

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
My fav play (I think in the first half) is the play where Stewie, unopposed, with the ball in her hands, dribbles away from the basket.

I wrote about this earlier; comments anyone?
One of the strangest (and unheralded) plays of the game occurred at about 12:23
Mo heaves a long pass to Stewie racing to the hoop with McBride the only defender. A bit of contact at the catch causes KMac to fall. Left alone under the basket, undefended, Breanna unconsciously dribbles to the corner. One of my fav moments of the game…Goofy?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
My fav play (I think in the first half) is the play where Stewie, unopposed, with the ball in her hands, dribbles away from the basket.

I wrote about this earlier; comments anyone?
One of the strangest (and unheralded) plays of the game occurred at about 12:23
Mo heaves a long pass to Stewie racing to the hoop with McBride the only defender. A bit of contact at the catch causes KMac to fall. Left alone under the basket, undefended, Breanna unconsciously dribbles to the corner. One of my fav moments of the game…Goofy?

Penalty box again for you, quoting yourself...this one only a 2 min minor...

Reaction Score
for the I don't know how many times, and I tried to count the flops. I lost count in the first half and 12 and counting. On one play two players flopped! One in front of our player and one behind. That's quite a feat, to foul two players at once. Thankfully, the refs let them play on. Wow!

I've watched both last year's national semifinals and this year's nation finals against Notre Dame several times, and I do see them often flop.

However, being the skeptic that I am, I would like someone to give or show examples of Lady Huskies falling in ways interpretable by opposing teams as flops but which are in reality unintentional, direct results of sufficient physical contacts.

In other words, I'd feel a lot better about the flopping issue if I could believe that our girls do not flop and, further, that they are discouraged from doing so.

Reaction Score
NHL refs now can assess a penalty for "embellishment" - in essence, hockey's equivalent of flop. Don't see it happening, though one still hopes for a more perfect world. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26356

Reaction Score
Penalty box again for you, quoting yourself...this one only a 2 min minor...
My favorite play was Breanna's block on Wright. That was routine for her, but the kicker was when MoJeff jumped out of bounds and when still in the air bounced the ball off of Wright so we could get possession. That was spectacular; Stef & Breanna came over to hug her.
I've watched the game a few times too. A great team play occurred at the 15 minute mark of the second half, every UCONN player touched the ball. Five passes in seven seconds for an easy Breanna layup. Muffet was totally bewildered. At that moment I am sure she gave up any thought of winning the game.
Incidentally, only two more days to watch the game on ESPN3.
So many UCONN games on YouTube; wish someone would post the semi-final from 2013.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I've watched both last year's national semifinals and this year's nation finals against Notre Dame several times, and I do see them often flop.

However, being the skeptic that I am, I would like someone to give or show examples of Lady Huskies falling in ways interpretable by opposing teams as flops but which are in reality unintentional, direct results of sufficient physical contacts.

In other words, I'd feel a lot better about the flopping issue if I could believe that our girls do not flop and, further, that they are discouraged from doing so.

Lady Huskies, huh? Big fan, are you?

Reaction Score
Had championship taped on DVR but selected erase after 14 days, really dumb on my part. So can any burn a dvd of game for me will pay for it. Let me know. Or is the game on archives somewhere to watch?

Reaction Score
My favorite play was Breanna's block on Wright. That was routine for her, but the kicker was when MoJeff jumped out of bounds and when still in the air bounced the ball off of Wright so we could get possession. That was spectacular; Stef & Breanna came over to hug her.
I've watched the game a few times too. A great team play occurred at the 15 minute mark of the second half, every UCONN player touched the ball. Five passes in seven seconds for an easy Breanna layup. Muffet was totally bewildered. At that moment I am sure she gave up any thought of winning the game.
Incidentally, only two more days to watch the game on ESPN3.
So many UCONN games on YouTube; wish someone would post the semi-final from 2013.
Where on ESPN3, looked for game cannot find it?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Wow - that was an enjoyable walk down memory lane for 1 hour and 55 minutes. It reminded me also what a tremendous player Morgan Tuck is, and how far Moriah has come this year. Thank you for posting, Nan

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

We don't flop- our girls are not allowed to even fall down. Remember Tiffany. And if we get knocked down they are not allowed to stay down. CD has specific rules about this stuff!!!! :) they don't stay down because they will be pulled off the court for acting and not hustling to get back in the play. This is one of the big things that separates us from just about everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom