I love this team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I love this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Vance is not top 60, was barely top 100.

You are lost and clueless. The talent is way down and the idea we can pretend we're an elite program is over. We can't recruit elite players, do you pay attention at all.

We've gotten like 1 top 25 player in the last 5 years, and I think I'm guessing at that.
Being ranked 78, 80, 78 and 79 across the four main recruiting sites is not "barely top 100". But keep making up recruiting rankings to fit this narrative of "the new reality".

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Vance barely top 100? How the hell are you able to post on a forum if you're so illiterate? You are the biggest numbskull on this board and that is one thing I can get everyone else here to agree with.

Do you get away with making up ridiculous crap, throwing it against the wall, and hoping it sticks at your day job? I sure hope not.

Perhaps he's a German p orn star. Then that technique might come in handy.
(Had to put a space between the p and the o because it kept getting changed to "prom".)

Reaction Score
No worries, didn't take meds earlier, just still struggling with fact program is irrelevant in such a short time

Perhaps he's a German p orn star. Then that technique might come in handy.
(Had to put a space between the p and the o because it kept getting changed to "prom".)

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

You are lost and clueless. The talent is way down and the idea we can pretend we're an elite program is over. We can't recruit elite players, do you pay attention at all.

We've gotten like 1 top 25 player in the last 5 years, and I think I'm guessing at that.

Don't say "we" as if you're an actual fan of this school. You're a pathetic troll. I don't want to be associated anywhere near the level of stupidity you put forth every day.

It never ceases to amaze me that everything you post is wrong in every way.

Reaction Score
Honestly, weird in the sense it implies other teams were less focused "you love" this team.
Loo
I'd like to think every team plays hard.

The recruiting and talent has fallen off a cliff, we used to never have to settle for guys like CV, VJ, Diarra, Carlton and others. Now we have to piece together a few elite PGs who can find some ways to lead.
Not so sure our talent has fallen off the cliff. The bigs are weak...no doubt. But our guard talent is as good as ever (with gilbert). Anyways, take away bazz or boat and daniels from 2014. That team would not be good.

Reaction Score
Love this team, from the way they play in a basketball sense? Or love them because they are a bunch of good kids who try hard, are playing short, and have potential? I've got to be honest here, I hate the way we play this year. It is frustrating as hell. 17 turnovers.

Reaction Score
This is the team we have. We can wish nobody got hurt or that we had top ten recruits all the way down the bench but we don't. I love this team too. They haven't given up and I appreciate their toughness. Less turn overs would be terrific, as would good officiating! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I think eventually the team would have been very good with a healthy Larrier and AG.

They still will be very good by the end of the season. Facey and Brimah have looked really impressive the past couple games, finally! (Imagine if they didn't have to come out of the game due to BS foul trouble).

Reaction Score
They still will be very good by the end of the season. Facey and Brimah have looked really impressive the past couple games, finally! (Imagine if they didn't have to come out of the game due to BS foul trouble).

Facey has I agree. AB in the last 2 was putrid in each the last 3 minutes when needed, after playing as you say a good game for the most part. Can't happen, needs to be in to protect and hold the fort down but he's not dependable at crunch time.

Reaction Score

Your a sss Vance was top 60 he was even top 25 he just ain't do AAU so he dropped

Reaction Score
Vance barely top 100? How the hell are you able to post on a forum if you're so illiterate? You are the biggest numbskull on this board and that is one thing I can get everyone else here to agree with.

Do you get away with making up ridiculous crap, throwing it against the wall, and hoping it sticks at your day job? I sure hope not.

Why is it that when some one makes a statement that one of the die-hards on this board don't agree with they get chewed out. So get your panties unraveled and relax.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why is it that when some one makes a statement that one of the die-hards on this board don't agree with they get chewed out. So get your panties unraveled and relax.

Wow, it looks like JSM found someone to carry his water. I don't envy you.

Reaction Score
I echo the sentiment insofar as it doesn't imply that they're more lovable than any other UConn team.

I'm not trying to be ultra-cynical guy here, I'm really not. But playing hard is a condition of their scholarship. With seven guys yesterday, they definitely went above and beyond the call of duty; I just wonder if their effort is elevated to something more noteworthy than it is by a talent that doesn't exist with say, UConn football.

Much like the guys on the football board back the players but express disappointment in the coaches, I apply the same standard here. The players are all good kids who try hard, but my tolerance to find good in something that is a far lesser product than it should be has subsided, and as much as I'd like to extract hope from the Ohio State and Syracuse games, I'd be lying if I said I saw anything but bad basketball. The defense has improved, but not considerably - the uptick in efficiency is, to some degree, fools gold. Syracuse and Ohio State missed an a** ton of shots. Ohio State, especially, did nothing to win that game (2 for 18 from three).

The injuries are a legitimate excuse but at the same time an unwarranted crutch. We have enough here to expect better - enough to expect Ollie to manage the rotations better, enough to expect better treatment from officials, and enough to expect to beat a listless Ohio State team in front of a dead crowd.

It is what it is. For whatever Ollie struggles with - which is too much, at this point - he still does a hell of a lot right. At no point has it even crossed my mind that I would want anybody else coaching this program. The players...I feel these losses, for them. It's the last go-round for Purvis, Brimah, and Facey and it can't be what they envisioned. Still a lot of ball to be played, though.

Reaction Score
Some people need to stop looking at this team like its the NBA. Its not about high recruit rankings, NBA potential or undefeated seasons. This is a college product with amateurs (i.e. kids) playing basketball.

As long as they grow, mature, hopefully graduate and while on the court give it everything they got then they have fulfilled their scholarship.

Team wise; winning seasons, conference championships and NCAA Tourney appearances in March then they have fulfilled reasonable fan expectations.

Championships are rare, regardless even if you have a team with 5 NBA first rounders. We are fortunate to be a part of 4.

This squad is depleted and yet their tongues are touching the floor at the end of games. Can we just enjoy the hustle and 'near wins; in spite of our insurmountable odds? If you don't like a player(s) that's fine but how in the world a UConn fan can not like this team is beyond my understanding.

There is something happening on the court that we may never see again and that's 5 guys along with 3 freshmen trying to keep this program afloat. I'm glad many fans here elect to support them in the only way we can.

And who knows, there just may be something magical happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom