I love this team | The Boneyard

I love this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This group is so depleted (down JD yesterday), they are so full of warts, but they fight all game long. The effort is always there and as a whole they play with a ton of heart. They clearly could have used JD yesterday, their front court was severely depleted and in serious foul trouble.

I still hold hope that at some point things will roll right for this group.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I have to agree. Can't complain about the effort the last couple games and maybe, just maybe, the adversity they're going through will be a good learning experience and they'll bounce back next year.

Just so many issues with this team. Two biggest ones IMO are relying too heavily on a lot of youth and inexperience (by default) and the seniors just not improving enough to make the difference the team needed (O.K. Facey looks better but the team wasn't expected to have to rely so heavily on him this season).

I still wish that if they were going to stink this year anyway that Gilbert and Larrier got to play so they would have gained the experience they need also. Although obviously you can make the case that they wouldn't be this bad if they both were playing.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I have to agree. Can't complain about the effort the last couple games and maybe, just maybe, the adversity they're going through will be a good learning experience and they'll bounce back next year.

Just so many issues with this team. Two biggest ones IMO are relying too heavily on a lot of youth and inexperience (by default) and the seniors just not improving enough to make the difference the team needed (O.K. Facey looks better but the team wasn't expected to have to rely so heavily on him this season).

I still wish that if they were going to stink this year anyway that Gilbert and Larrier got to play so they would have gained the experience they need also. Although obviously you can make the case that they wouldn't be this bad if they both were playing.

Yeah you would think with those 2 we would be holding out hope still and potentially a player in the AAC. Maybe closed a couple more wins but it is what it is right? Hopefully better for it.

Reaction Score
The effort is always there, credit the kids and KO for that. The defense will keep us in games all year, and frankly I think win us a decent amount of games, but the offense is just not good. Tough to win when your guards are inconsistent shooters at best and you do not have any low post scoring.

C

chiller99.5

I think Ollie is really going to forge a strong bond with this group that will bode well in the future. We as fans get to see the finished product during games ,but during the practices Ollie can build trust between him and the team as a whole during these tough times

Reaction Score
Defense will keep us in a lot of games. I really hope Jalen comes back next year, this team will be VERY good in due time.
Hopefully Jalen doesn't want to follow Dham's lead. Also, maybe someone on the staff can direct Jalen to Josh Boone's blog. That should keep him around.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think some people just love being in love. The BU game, where the team played like they didn't give a crap, is still fresh in my mind. I didn't see the OSU game. If you guys are telling me they turned a corner off of a loss I'll take your word for it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think some people just love being in love. The BU game, where the team played like they didn't give a crap, is still fresh in my mind. I didn't see the OSU game. If you guys are telling me they turned a corner off of a loss I'll take your word for it.
They have. Got a lot of shllt calls in the OSU game. The offense looks more fluid just missing wide open threes and bunnies at the rim. Also the biggest reason we're struggling and will struggle are the turnovers. Waaayyy too many turnovers to even have a chance at winning games. Add that in with missing free throws. They look to be playing with more energy on both ends of the court

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I think Ollie is really going to forge a strong bond with this group that will bode well in the future. We as fans get to see the finished product during games ,but during the practices Ollie can build trust between him and the team as a whole during these tough times
I agree. AND what else is important which I am excited about, they are all Freshman. Which means, he will have them all the way to Senior Night. Well, lets hope so. Hate to have early dreamers to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Honestly, weird in the sense it implies other teams were less focused "you love" this team.

I'd like to think every team plays hard.

The recruiting and talent has fallen off a cliff, we used to never have to settle for guys like CV, VJ, Diarra, Carlton and others. Now we have to piece together a few elite PGs who can find some ways to lead.

Reaction Score
Yes, total joke, 1 top 100 guy and 3 not even top 150

You think KU deals with this?

Polley barely top 150 too, joke. Maybe we we should lower our expectations to the new reality.

Are you kidding me, bro?

Reaction Score

Polley barely top 150 too, joke. Maybe we we should lower our expectations to the new reality.
If new reality is a top 10 class every recruiting class, then sure.

Reaction Score
Top 10? Once in last whenever.

This year'a class is 21 and headed lower unless they land Diallo and 2015 was 39, coming off a NC

Hard to adjust to the new reality. It's frustrating.

If new reality is a top 10 class every recruiting class, then sure.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

We had top 60 recruits like VJ and top 100/125 kids like the other three all the time under JC.

What a pathetic joke you are. The fact that you know so little about this team reinforces the notion that you're a troll from another fanbase here to cause trouble.

Reaction Score

This year'a class is 21 and headed lower unless they land Diallo and 2015 was 39, coming off a NC

It's got to be a minor frustration all things considered, right? Going through each day as a stupid person impacts every aspect of your life, this is just college basketball games.

Reaction Score

Doesn't matter when the last top 10 class was. You just used three players that were part of a top 10 class to describe this as "the new reality". Take out those three players from last year's class and it's #35 in 247's 2016 team rankings. Get a better argument.

Reaction Score
Vance is not top 60, was barely top 100.

You are lost and clueless. The talent is way down and the idea we can pretend we're an elite program is over. We can't recruit elite players, do you pay attention at all.

We've gotten like 1 top 25 player in the last 5 years, and I think I'm guessing at that.

We had top 60 recruits like VJ and top 100/125 kids like the other three all the time under JC.

What a pathetic joke you are. The fact that you know so little about this team reinforces the notion that you're a troll from another fanbase here to cause trouble.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Vance is not top 60, was barely top 100.

You are lost and clueless. The talent is way down and the idea we can pretend we're an elite program is over. We can't recruit elite players, do you pay attention at all.

We've gotten like 1 top 25 player in the last 5 years, and I think I'm guessing at that.

Vance barely top 100? How the hell are you able to post on a forum if you're so illiterate? You are the biggest numbskull on this board and that is one thing I can get everyone else here to agree with.

Do you get away with making up ridiculous crap, throwing it against the wall, and hoping it sticks at your day job? I sure hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom