I love how people with no money ... | The Boneyard

I love how people with no money ...

Reaction Score
... yell the loudest to just pay the buyout.

The Diaco thing was a “once in a lifetime” fortuitous twist. A Princess Bride miracle option. UConn doesn’t have a second former coach waiting to work for $1 ... or do they.

KO to the NBA

Reaction Score
We are building a new baseball stadium, a new soccer stadium and taking RFPs for the new hockey arena.

The school has more than enough money at their disposial and the ability to move it around as they see fit.

It stinks that we're not in a P5 conference.

But, we got to quit talking about ourselves like we are the little sisters of the poor.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

You know our net worth or you just being a dick? You misjudged a lot of people with plenty of cash and insulted those that don’t. On Christmas no less.
You are better than this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are building a new baseball stadium, a new soccer stadium and taking RFPs for the new hockey arena.

The school has more than enough money at their disposial and the ability to move it around as they see fit.

It stinks that we're not in a P5 conference.

But, we got to quit talking about ourselves like we are the little sisters of the poor.
NC State scheduled a home-and-home against us in football in like 2022 and 2023. 1-for-1. Not 2-for-1.

WE'RE DOOMED!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Reaction Score
And I can’t stand the people who say we have to stick it out because, we can’t afford to fire him. The longer we wait, the more irrelevant we become. Tick tock tick tock
That actually is not true. The right coach can work wonders at any program. We clearly have a tradition of being winners. I mean the athletic department, not this message board. That is plenty to work with.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And I can’t stand the people who say we have to stick it out because, we can’t afford to fire him. The longer we wait, the more irrelevant we become. Tick tock tick tock

Nobody's saying that.

All we're saying is that after the (seemingly inevitable) firing, you all will continue to be miserable when the new coach doesn't meet your expectations.

Reaction Score
Nobody's saying that.

All we're saying is that after the (seemingly inevitable) firing, you all will continue to be miserable when the new coach doesn't meet your expectations.

Stair,

What should our expectations be? Play hard? Have pride in the uniform? Be in contention for conference championships? Make the tournament and have a chance?

What are your expectations?

Reaction Score

The Diaco thing was a “once in a lifetime” fortuitous twist. A Princess Bride miracle option. UConn doesn’t have a second former coach waiting to work for $1 ... or do they.

KO to the NBA
Are you saying that KO is unfireable because of money? Certainly money is a factor but where there is a will there is a way.

Reaction Score
The OP may have set a record for most arrogant, dooshest post ever. I grew up on the south end of Bridgeport. I have MBB and FB season's tickets. I am fortunate enough to live in Westport now. I worked a paper route through the projects.

You disgust me.

Reaction Score
My expectations used to be: get to the tourney, win a game or two; make it interesting.

Now, my dream is to be on the bubble.

That in and of itself is an indictment on the program and, thus, also on KO.

No other major college basketball program would put up with this erosion in both fan support and expectation.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Stair,

What should our expectations be? Play hard? Have pride in the uniform? Be in contention for conference championships? Make the tournament and have a chance?

What are your expectations?

The collective expectations are much higher than that.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
That is the new reality according to Stairmaster — that we can hope to make the tourney in a “really good year” . . .

It's not my fault you are not equipped to handle that if it continues when Ollie leaves...

Reaction Score
The collective expectations are much higher than that.
I think for a vast majority those expectations have changed but you won't admit it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Give me a guy who can manage in game, develop players, & recruit kids who are less about themselves and more about UConn. It will take time but the wins will follow.

Also, we are still a brand. As long as a p5 doesn't come knocking with a ridiculously lucrative offer, a p5 school such as Nebraska isn't beating us out for a guy like Hurley. I know you're stoked to root against our future coach so every one can continue to be miserable on here. But I can't wait til Pikiell/Hurley's our next coach and shows how much of a fool you are.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I think for a vast majority those expectations have changed but you won't admit it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Give me a guy who can manage in game, develop players, & recruit kids who are less about themselves and more about UConn. It will take time but the wins will follow.

Also, we are still a brand. As long as a p5 doesn't come knocking with a ridiculously lucrative offer, a p5 school such as Nebraska isn't beating us out for a guy like Hurley. I know you're stoked to root against our future coach so every one can continue to be miserable on here. But I can't wait til Pikiell/Hurley's our next coach and shows how much of a fool you are.

I'd love for Hurley/Pikiell to come here. That alone would render me much more optimistic than I currently am. Let's see how the coaching change market plays out first.

I think our brand has been terribly damaged the past three years, and it will take much more than making a coaching change to come close to negating that. I also think people are overestimating the effects of history and traditoin, and underestimating where things are trending re. how competitive programs who used to be way below us are becoming to prospective coaches.

I will root for the new coach to succeed just as hard as you will. But I am prepared, given our circumstances, for that not to be the case.

Reaction Score
I'd love for Hurley/Pikiell to come here. That alone would render me much more optimistic than I currently am. Let's see how the coaching change market plays out first.

I think our brand has been terribly damaged the past three years, and it will take much more than making a coaching change to come close to negating that. I also think people are overestimating the effects of history and traditoin, and underestimating where things are trending re. how competitive programs who used to be way below us are becoming to prospective coaches.

I will root for the new coach to succeed just as hard as you will. But I am prepared, given our circumstances, for that not to be the case.
If we can barter the Ollie buyout down without publicly exposing to the public the wrongdoings that occurred behind closed doors, I'm extremely confident we can land one of the two. That's a big if obviously. Hurley and Pikiell are set to make 1 and 1.4M next year, respectively. Being able to offer an annual salary in the 2-2.5M range lands us one of them IMO.

If forced to pay the entirety of the buyout though, who knows how much we would and realistically could fork over to a coach annually.

Edit: just realized we have 19 more games of the Ollie era to suffer through and my night just became severely more depressing.

Reaction Score

We will do better than Pikiell.

Reaction Score
Gotta avoid these albatross contract buyouts going forward. Pay a guy worth it, a higher salary with a lower buyout if you have to.

P5 money can buy you out of multiple bad contract buyouts, we don't have that luxury. The raises to Ollie and Diaco border on dereliction of duty.

As far as expectations go, I'm st the point where I will be happy to not see a turnover out of a timeout. If we get a well rum play out of a timeout I may faint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom