I know this is stupid, but one last push to get us in the tourney... | The Boneyard

I know this is stupid, but one last push to get us in the tourney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To all my Boneyarders,

I'm fairly new to the site, but about 4 months ago I started a petition to get UConn, as well as the other schools (so I wasn't just playing favorites) bans overturned to play this postseason. With all the chaos the NCAA is going through right now, I figured now more than ever, could be a good time to make one last push at it. I find it ridiculous still that we're sitting out for things from a couple of years ago, while other schools and players face recruiting, academic and ethical issues NOW and are seeing no punishment for it. In my eyes, us being punished for our past teams problems, would be like Mark Emmert being fired for something the president of the NCAA did 10 years ago (even tho he should be fired anyways). So anyways, with a team that I think could make a decent run in the tournament this year, I want to make one last push, now that I know where all my other Husky diehards go to talk about our team, and figure we could get signatures and spread the word quickly while the NCAA is having their issues brought forward. If not, the little bit of effort was worth the long shot of success. Let's go Huskies!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/nat...ciation-ncaa-overturn-ban-on-uconn-basketball

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't disagree, but you're wasting your time.

It's been done for a year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just signed it. I know it won't impact anything but more signatures couldn't hurt UConn.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree, but you're wasting your time.

It's been done for a year.
I know, but it's still worth feeling like I'm making the effort. Us CTers will do anything for our Huskies, even if it's just a failed effort.

Reaction Score
Just signed it. I know it won't impact anything but more signatures couldn't hurt UConn.
Agreed, can only help in a way. If anything it shows the passion and loyalty of our fan base for our team.

Reaction Score
'Sue the bastards!

Great book from the '70s obviously of use here today.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A worthy effort even if useless! I signed.

Reaction Score
signed, and definitely a good read. People who weren't raised in Connecticut don't realize how important UConn basketball is to us

Reaction Score
I really appreciate everyone helping out. Wish I thought to do this a couple months back when I discovered Boneyard and the petition was just sitting. We're close to the next step. Let's make it happen!

Reaction Score
I signed because I feel good doing it.

Nothing will come of this but it's my way of sticking the middle finger up to Emmert.

Reaction Score
Fwiw,

I heard at least 3 announcers mention how silly it was that UConn was excluded from the final BE tourney.

You never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32