I hope Polley Starts today | The Boneyard

I hope Polley Starts today

Reaction Score
It's senior day so I would hope he would be in there for Jackson. Would like to see this lineup jump out to a big lead and then perhaps Hurley will use it during the Post season. I know Jackson does a little bit of everything but I believe Sanogo, Whaley , and Martin could certainly handle the rebounding . We need Polley's shooting .

Reaction Score
Agreed and I like Jackson coming off the bench as the 6th man, action Jackson off the bench.

Reaction Score
Agreed. No reason not to start him on senior day and it may open up some eyes that it’s the better starting lineup rest of the way…

Reaction Score
Hopefully he does get the start because the the starting lineup should change. But the issue is our best lineup is Polley inserted for another senior who deserves to start today as well

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hopefully he does get the start because the the starting lineup should change. But the issue is our best lineup is Polley inserted for another senior who deserves to start today as well

If you’re looking to improve the starting lineup, Jackson is not the person Polley should replace.
It's either Jackson or Whaley--more likely Whaley--but as @navery12 points out, Senior Night is not the night not to start Whaley for the first time this season.

Make a change at the first chance if it ain't working.

Reaction Score
If you’re looking to improve the starting lineup, Jackson is not the person Polley should replace.
Two birds one stone. Acknowledge the seniors.

Bring Jackson off the bench for Whaley and take a look at that lineup next. (Requires Sanogo not to get into foul trouble)

Reaction Score
Point is for senior night you need to put him in for Jackson or Sanogo…don’t think you don’t start Sanogo even though we’ve definitely had success offensively without him.

Reaction Score
At a lot of schools it's tradition to start the seniors. I guess that would mean that Polley, Whaley, Martin and Cole would start today. Hurley might go for that. It would be a nice gesture.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
give tyler the nod for his 'senior' position, but that's it.
nothing changes going forward, cuz ajax's wonderfulness is in a league beyond him. don't even think aboot looking at comparative data cuz
andre's will blow ur mind.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"You play to win the game", not make nice gestures.

We are in this to win games, not start players who have not started all year just because it’s senior day
It’s been a problem all season that the starting lineup has difficulty scoring and often puts us in a hole.

With Hawkins out the only other option is Polley, who happens to be a senior. Ideally he would start for Whaley, but he’s a senior, too.

It wouldn’t be unreasonable to start him for AJax and see how that goes after a few possessions.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Still waiting for the answer of Fishy's bravado statement
If it's Whaley, save it
Polley should not start any game but this one - and my guess is that the regular starters will be out there - I hope all the seniors/6th year guys see PT today
Still need the W

Reaction Score
I wish seniors would always get to start on senior day/night. I remember in 1995 it was Boo Willingham's first and only start. They put Travis Knight in after about a minute.

Reaction Score
It's senior day so I would hope he would be in there for Jackson. Would like to see this lineup jump out to a big lead and then perhaps Hurley will use it during the Post season. I know Jackson does a little bit of everything but I believe Sanogo, Whaley , and Martin could certainly handle the rebounding . We need Polley's shooting .
Agreed. I also love the way he’s been attacking the basket lately, adds so much more to the team when he’s in there.

Reaction Score
Great. What about Matt Garry?
Considering Polley scored 16 in a recent game and Matt Garry is a walk on who has 2 points in his UConn career, you come off looking really foolish here. Whaley and Polley should both absolutely start today in recognition of everything they have done for the program.

Reaction Score
Considering Polley scored 16 in a recent game and Matt Garry is a walk on who has 2 points in his UConn career, you come off looking really foolish here. Whaley and Polley should both absolutely start today in recognition of everything they have done for the program.
Kansas started a walk on today against the #21 team in the country. There are 5 seniors and 5 starting spots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom