I Have A Question- And I’m Serious | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I Have A Question- And I’m Serious

Reaction Score
Everyone is going to take their shots at me for this and that’s fine but as a UCONN mens hoop fan I’m near desperation to turn this disgrace that we have been seeing around. We are heading into oblivion.
Rick Pitino. That’s right. Rick Pitino.
I’m not interested in having him come here if he has actually done something illegal, let me state that unequivically, but to this point was he convicted or even charged with of anything at Louisville? Is there a chance he actually did not know or condone what his underlings did? “He should have known”?
He can get players. he can coach them up. There is no debate there. So if he was clean, and that’s an if, and if he were given a shot to turn us around why not?
My feeling is that we are going to be derided anyway for being crappy, so who cares if we’re hated for having Pitino? He’s not Adolph Hitler, he’s Rick Pitino. Not only that, but he has a chip on his shoulder now and he wants to dare the college basketball powers that be to knock it off.
This is simply genius!!! Maybe after this campaign you can rally the troops on the football side to free Sandusky to rejuvenate our defense!!!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Geno has said numerous times he's not interested in coaching college men. The recruiting is harder, and more cutthroat, and Geno has zero desire to deal with posses, agents, shoe companies, and other hanger-oners. He has said the dream post-UConn gig for him would be as assistant for an NBA team, and he probably has the connections to get one.

Nothing here that doubling his present salary wouldn't solve.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'd take Geno in a heartbeat but I put the odds at 10%.
I'd put the odds of thebadministration even asking Geno if he'd be interested at 1%.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'd put the odds of thebadministration even asking Geno if he'd be interested at 1%.

If the administration is so incompetent, why do you stick around?

Reaction Score
No lol he definitely did cheat BUT, he can get us back in the tourney every year. I wouldnt mind him being considered. Im not sure he wants to coach again though.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Seeing as he offered to work for free this year because of the budget crisis, I doubt that moves the needle for him.

Auriemma offers to forego pay in education budget battle
This would be a great chance for his assistant coach to step in. The women wouldn't miss a beat with her as coach because she's been with Geno forever. Geno could see the desperate situation the university is in and take one for the team. Don't laugh off the possibility. Geno said he wants to coach 5 more years. Why not 5 years of the ultimate challenge? It goes without saying that he's a far better coach than KO, stresses ball movement and gets all of his players to buy in for the good of the team. Isn't that what all of us want?

Reaction Score
I can't take Pitino seriously. How about getting Jeff Van Gundy back into coaching? Probably wouldn't do college but i think he would be great.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nothing here that doubling his present salary wouldn't solve.
He currently has a five year, $10.9 million dollar contract. Double it is out of the question.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He currently has a five year, $10.9 million dollar contract. Double it is out of the question.

Ollie makes almost a million more than that per year. CD would get a raise to a million. You'd be saving roughly a million a year on both sides to pay Geno the extra 2 million. It could be done financially. As a practical matter, the chances are slim and none.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom