I Have A Question- And I’m Serious | The Boneyard

I Have A Question- And I’m Serious

Reaction Score
Everyone is going to take their shots at me for this and that’s fine but as a UCONN mens hoop fan I’m near desperation to turn this disgrace that we have been seeing around. We are heading into oblivion.
Rick Pitino. That’s right. Rick Pitino.
I’m not interested in having him come here if he has actually done something illegal, let me state that unequivically, but to this point was he convicted or even charged with of anything at Louisville? Is there a chance he actually did not know or condone what his underlings did? “He should have known”?
He can get players. he can coach them up. There is no debate there. So if he was clean, and that’s an if, and if he were given a shot to turn us around why not?
My feeling is that we are going to be derided anyway for being crappy, so who cares if we’re hated for having Pitino? He’s not Adolph Hitler, he’s Rick Pitino. Not only that, but he has a chip on his shoulder now and he wants to dare the college basketball powers that be to knock it off.

Reaction Score
Everyone is going to take their shots at me for this and that’s fine but as a UCONN mens hoop fan I’m near desperation to turn this disgrace that we have been seeing around. We are heading into oblivion.
I’m not interested in having him come here if he has actually done something illegal, let me state that unequivically, but to this point was he convicted or even charged with of anything at Louisville? Is there a chance he actually did not know or condone what his underlings did? “He should have known”?
He can get players. he can coach them up. There is no debate there. So if he was clean, and that’s an if, and if he were given a shot to turn us around why not?
My feeling is that we are going to be derided anyway for being crappy, so who cares if we’re hated for having Pitino? He’s not Adolph Hitler, he’s Rick Pitino. Not only that, but he has a chip on his shoulder now and he wants to dare the college basketball powers that be to knock it off.

Absolutely we should. If Calhoun as our 1st choice is adamant about not coaching then we should definitely call Rick Pitino.

Pitino will never be convicted of anything and after this happened to him he and any university that hires him will be careful.

Pitino has a hunger and desire to redeem his name.

#CALLCALHOUN
#ROAMINGFORRICK

Reaction Score
Hire Pitino as quickly as possible. He can turn this around and have UConn back in its customary Final Four role. Pitino can do what UConn's present football a d basketball coaches struggle with, and that is, recruit top talent.

Reaction Score
Don't care how dirty Pitino was (is), hire him. Hey, Penn State has come back from a worse situation. So has fake classes UNC. And, how long before L'ville slips off the hook. Pitino would be for UConn, the cost for being continously great.

Reaction Score
Look, I’ve seen several posts that say it’s OK to at least consider it and some full on board, but I ask this: How many more seasons can we all endure of UConn being a complete joke and laughing stock? We are being blown out by MASSIVE margins and we are being pushed by nobodies. Games we should be romping in. Do you all want to see this go on forever? Action MUST be taken, and NOW.

Reaction Score
not in our budget.

Reaction Score
Steve Pikiel

Here's my take on Pikiell and Hurley, they will both be rah rah solid coaches. They will bring in similar players to what we have, maybe a better one or 2. They will probably get more out of them but ultimately we will not win NC's with them, neither look to me like they can make that happen. Go after the game changer, not the coach who just does it better. Not sure who that is or if they can do it, but I believe he's out there and AD David Benedict needs to find him!

Heck maybe it's Geno with ACCD taking the women?

Reaction Score
No no no.

Pitino will never coach anywhere again unless it's for some foreign basketball league.

Calhoun would never allow such a hire to take over the program he built.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
No no no.

Pitino will never coach anywhere again unless it's for some foreign basketball league.

Calhoun would never allow such a hire to take over the program he built.
But he'll allow the shyzz fire he put in place continue to blaze? Thanks, JC.

Reaction Score
Here's my take on Pikiell and Hurley, they will both be rah rah solid coaches. They will bring in similar players to what we have, maybe a better one or 2. They will probably get more out of them but ultimately we will not win NC's with them, neither look to me like they can make that happen. Go after the game changer, not the coach who just does it better. Not sure who that is or if they can do it, but I believe he's out there and AD David Benedict needs to find him!

Heck maybe it's Geno with ACCD taking the women?

That's better than pitino. And I'm not sure UConn has the allure of a coach past their caliber any more

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pitino can do what UConn's present football a d basketball coaches struggle with, and that is, recruit top talent.
Mmm, the how of that is sort of the issue, isn't it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom