I can't help myself (Tenn, merged thread) | The Boneyard

I can't help myself (Tenn, merged thread)

Reaction Score
Was over to VolNation again, most posters can't figure out why Holly keeps them time outs and not use them when opponent goes on a run. It dawned at me Holly does actually use them when LadyVols are down by 10 with less than 1 minute to play.

Reaction Score
Tennessee gets great recruits every year and they never fail to under perform. Now Warlick is saying that "next year" she is going to teach fundamentals!!!

I guess it will go something like this:

1553379851587.png

Ladies, THIS is a basketball

Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty neat to hear that Holly joined the team as a walk on as she went to Tenn for track. Then she went on to be the first to have her jersey retired in that program. That says something for heart and hard work.

Maybe coaching just isn't for her. I was also heartened to see that during the game with Missouri, when Mizzou player went down hard and didn't get up in front of TN bench that Holly was the first one out there. She seems like a totally likable and kind hearted person with great intentions. It's really sad that it hasn't worked out for her to be all that she must want to be as a head coach. She's stuck in an awkward position for sure.....

Reaction Score
So with this analogy would Tennessee be better with bacon?
Or would bacon be better with Tennessee? :D
Bacon was here first...unless of course you're from Tennessee. :eek: :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Holly is pitiful..... TN Athletic Dept is responsible for extending her a couple of times.... Pat responsible for nominating her in the first place (she has no leadership chops)

but still.... what is Westbrook saying chiming in on what needs to happen with the staff....

symbolic of the disfunction with that program

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
They are big and athletic, but not great basketball players. The IQ and intensity are lacking.
Holly has been blaming the players for what, 8 years is it? Bill Parcells once said : “If I'm going to be asked to cook the meal, I'd like to be able to pick the groceries.'' Well it's a college coaches job to pick the groceries, so how is it the players fault the meal tastes like swamp boots? I've said it multiple times before, but Holly has proven time and again that she has a connoisseur palette for ingredients, but her meal always ends up being an ugly casserole.

Reaction Score
Me too.
However, maybe Geno should put up a help wanted sign on the Tennessee campus.

Reaction Score
That is proof Tennessee shouldn't have made the NCAA, but the Committee put them in because of the late Coach Pat Summit. I don't think Evina Westbrook should have commented about the Coaching Staff.

I don’t know where I stand on this statement. I don’t think players should badmouth their coaching staff or schools, but I also don’t think they should be expected to give cookie cutter answers or lie when asked a serious question. Something is clearly wrong and Evina Westbrook was upset. She shouldn’t be talking about the staff because it’s generally just not a good idea to blame a group of people that recruited you and you agreed to play for. That said, I don’t see how this is much different than asking a coach about why a player transferred or about the attitude/behavior of some players and the coach giving a candid response. Especially when coaches constantly say things like, “the players need to figure it out” or “it’s about the players being tough” (something that Holly Warlick has done on multiple occasions), I don’t see why it’s okay for a coach to say those things without repercussions, but a player can’t express displeasure with coaching staff without being made into a villain. Again, I don’t know exactly where I stand, but I can’t imagine that these were appropriate questions to ask a player.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom