I can’t root for UConn this year. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I can’t root for UConn this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was similarly confused in that Scoe's beef seemed to be against negativity on the boneyard, rather than with the team itself. Yet he was going to remain on the yard, and quit on the team. Made no sense until the "my threads work" reply, and then it hit me: Scoe is going for the reverse jinx to make sure we get all our games in.

A truly great fan, willing to endure the slings and arrows of the yard for the good of the team. Hats off to Scoe.
So far, it’s not working.

Reaction Score
Sorry to say but this is just the 1 year I can’t be a fan. I’ll still watch but this whole topsy turvy roller coaster schedule has turned me off. I do think they should play this year too. I’ll still be on the board btw. I just cant deal with all the doom and gloom and the defense of coach K and being against UConn playing.
Come on. That's a strange take. You're taking this out on UConn men's basketball?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1607706953837.gif

Reaction Score
Sorry to say but this is just the 1 year I can’t be a fan. I’ll still watch but this whole topsy turvy roller coaster schedule has turned me off. I do think they should play this year too. I’ll still be on the board btw. I just cant deal with all the doom and gloom and the defense of coach K and being against UConn playing.
I think there were better ways for you to express this. I get the sentiment. Rings hollow 3-4 weeks into the season.

Reaction Score
People should have to pass a test to use the internet like a driver's license.

Ya thats really worked for so well like all the lockdowns have been so effective
If you can’t root for UConn but will still watch the games, who are u rooting for? The game to be over? The other team?

The games have to be played for me to root for them thats the thing. I can't get behind Uconn having different rules then other schools when it comes to Covid. A 14 day team quarantine I just can't get behind.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Can someone help me break this thought process down?
  • I can't be a UConn fan this year

• I will still watch UConn games

• The uncertainty about whether they will play or not has turned me off

• I think they should play

• I can't deal with people who think they shouldn't play

• Therefore...I can't root for UConn?!?
Wha???

So if he's not going to be a fan, but still watch all the games, does that mean he's going to root for the other team?

Reaction Score
I'm on board with watching but the fanatic attitude isn't there. No impact on you guys is great. Concerned about all the deaths occurring with Div. 1 basketball players and all the deadly long term effects as yet unknown. Hard to enjoy putting these young kids at risk for some media $'s and to keep Jay Bilas employed.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Can someone help me break this thought process down?
  • I can't be a UConn fan this year

• I will still watch UConn games

• The uncertainty about whether they will play or not has turned me off

• I think they should play

• I can't deal with people who think they shouldn't play

• Therefore...I can't root for UConn?!?
Wha???
You neglected to factor in Coach K.

But, on what you've got, I think he's going for a motivational clipping for Hurley, but I don't know whether it's for DH to send to some or all of Benedict, Katsouleas, Ackerman, and Emmert, or to post in his office, or on the locker room bulletin board, or both.

Maybe he thinks it affects the mojo, and who can dispute that?

Reaction Score
So far, it’s not working.

This is getting stupid now. So is our game is now postponed next Thursday with Providence because of Xaviers situation or because of our situation? If Xavier and Providence never had contact with each other why wud it effect our Thursday game with Providence? Why am I even asking ? this is so mind numbing. Never mind. I’m just going to pretend it’s the off-season again and not even think about this insanityUntil the next ball goes up in the air at center court for our boys.

Reaction Score
This is getting stupid now. So is our game is now postponed next Thursday with Providence because of Xaviers situation or because of our situation? If Xavier and Providence never had contact with each other why wud it effect our Thursday game with Providence? Why am I even asking ? this is so mind numbing. Never mind. I’m just going to pretend it’s the off-season again and not even think about this insanityUntil the next ball goes up in the air at center court for our boys.
It has nothing to do with Xavier, it was a UConn decision

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Everyone should've been in bubbles from day 1, like everything the NCAA has no clue what they're doing.
But not big ones because there's too much risk from one lapse. You need small ones to minimize the risk. One might even say Tiny Bubbles would be best. They would make me feel happy. They would make me feel fine.

1607709606388.png

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Hilarious. Thanks for all the great posts. BY is always a place you can go for some sympathy :)

Reaction Score
No problem. Just send in your donation to UConn Athletics and I'll forgive you.

Reaction Score
You think you've got it bad? You're just missing out on entertainment, I'll be missing out on prospective money. I've been killing it on betting games. Making all sorts of extra spending money. And they want to take that away from me just for kid's health? No fair!

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ya thats really worked for so well like all the lockdowns have been so effective

The games have to be played for me to root for them thats the thing. I can't get behind Uconn having different rules then other schools when it comes to Covid. A 14 day team quarantine I just can't get behind.

They don't have different rules.

The 14 day quarantine, though admittedly stupid, is an NCAA requirement. Are other teams lying to avoid the impact? Yes. They probably are.

Reaction Score
If you have to explain the joke then it's not funny. Even worse when you explain it and I still don't get it.

Reaction Score
I guess some of us have lots of idle time on our hands. Only on the BY can you see a horrible thread like this.

Reaction Score
Everyone should've been in bubbles from day 1, like everything the NCAA has no clue what they're doing.
It is not like they had since March to at least come up with a plan...You can almost give NCAA football a break because people probably thought it might be gone by the Fall. But basketball should have been better prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom