I can’t root for UConn this year. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I can’t root for UConn this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is getting stupid now. So is our game is now postponed next Thursday with Providence because of Xaviers situation or because of our situation? If Xavier and Providence never had contact with each other why wud it effect our Thursday game with Providence? Why am I even asking ? this is so mind numbing. Never mind. I’m just going to pretend it’s the off-season again and not even think about this insanityUntil the next ball goes up in the air at center court for our boys.

You see what I’m saying now.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
“I don’t have it in me to stand by a group of people trying to make the best decisions with their safety and the safety of those around them in mind.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@Scoe is a mojo master. I hope that carries over to his new knitting hobby.

Reaction Score
@Scoe is never going to improve his precious post/like ratio with threads like this.

Just kidding

Seriously though, no one really cares

Reaction Score
Sorry to say but this is just the 1 year I can’t be a fan. I’ll still watch but this whole topsy turvy roller coaster schedule has turned me off. I do think they should play this year too. I’ll still be on the board btw. I just cant deal with all the doom and gloom and the defense of coach K and being against UConn playing.
Turn in all your gear, pick a new team, you don’t pick and choose when you root for your teams. What a joke.

Reaction Score
This reminds of when you write a text to someone to air our your frustrations but then accidentally click "send" instead of "select all > delete".

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Can someone help me break this thought process down?
  • I can't be a UConn fan this year

• I will still watch UConn games

• The uncertainty about whether they will play or not has turned me off

• I think they should play

• I can't deal with people who think they shouldn't play

• Therefore...I can't root for UConn?!?
Wha???
I think he has the virus.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Sorry to say but this is just the 1 year I can’t be a fan. I’ll still watch but this whole topsy turvy roller coaster schedule has turned me off. I do think they should play this year too. I’ll still be on the board btw. I just cant deal with all the doom and gloom and the defense of coach K and being against UConn playing.
Corona ain’t going away. Need to treat it like the flu and carry on. The vaccines won’t do much to slow it down. Think what you want but that’s the way it is.

Reaction Score
Corona ain’t going away. Need to treat it like the flu and carry on. The vaccines won’t do much to slow it down. Think what you want but that’s the way it is.
Since you seem to have a science background in viruses can you explain to us laypeople how the vaccine won't slow down the virus? Everything I've read is it will. Obviously no virus is completely going away.

Reaction Score
What???

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Since you seem to have a science background in viruses can you explain to us laypeople how the vaccine won't slow down the virus? Everything I've read is it will. Obviously no virus is completely going away.
May 22, 2020 — There will be a vaccine, there will be different cures, but it will not be completely eradicated - a model of HIV / AIDS or tuberculosis, the coronavirus epidemic makes this possibility easy to imagine, says a professor of medical history at Yale University in the United States.
That’s from a professor at Yale. This virus isn’t going anywhere. You may not hear it on the news because they don’t want to scare you but it’s not going away......

Reaction Score
May 22, 2020 — There will be a vaccine, there will be different cures, but it will not be completely eradicated - a model of HIV / AIDS or tuberculosis, the coronavirus epidemic makes this possibility easy to imagine, says a professor of medical history at Yale University in the United States.
That’s from a professor at Yale. This virus isn’t going anywhere. You may not hear it on the news because they don’t want to scare you but it’s not going away......
lol, you have no idea what you're saying.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

3wyqae.jpg

Reaction Score

C6C8557C-3DA4-4D66-B680-945FFFA87859.gif

Reaction Score
Piffle. Reverse jinx is just so...jejeune.

Au contraire.

The Covid19 reverse jinx is a high degree of difficulty, dangerous move that bears little semblance to its distant cousin the basic reverse jinx. Recently attempted by North Korea, it didn't end well.

Reaction Score
Lots of things are “easy to imagine”. That’s why Hollywood exists. I find it easy to imagine a world without Yale or Harvard professors.

Reaction Score
So Scoe, on a particular Monday night if the good guys are playing you will be watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes on you tube?

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

This is so ridiculous.
  1. May 22 was long before covid vaccines achieved a 95% efficacy rate.
  2. Even in that article, she says it's "conceivable" this could happen, not that it will happen.
  3. There is no vaccine for HIV/AIDS.
  4. The TB vaccine reduces the chance of infection by just 20%, which is why TB hasn't been eradicated.
The TB vaccine used around the world, known as Bacillus Calmette–Guérin (BCG), reduces the chance of infection by 20 percent. A truly effective vaccine, like the one for measles, reduces infection by 95 percent or more.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This was just a backdoor way to start a Corona policy argument, right?

This thread will be in the pool soon enough. Not sure how that impacts the mojo

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
If you can’t root for UConn but will still watch the games, who are u rooting for? The game to be over? The other team?
obviously, the commercials. i like that one where an ice filled cooler pops out of the horses butt, full of beer. gotta get one of those, but can't seem to find one on line. 'Horses r Us' just gave me a funny look when i stopped in to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom