I BELIEVE in Omar Calhoun.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I BELIEVE in Omar Calhoun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Omar has worked extremely hard this off season with former and current NBA players. I've seen it for myself. He's been shooting 800 shots a day and has been jumping out of the gym. He's ready for a banner year. I know that KO has been utterly surprised and impressed with the shape that Omar has came in. He's ready and will start as a Senior captain.
Whose he gonna start over?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Outside of the misspelling of Boatwright (;)) I'm not going to kill the messenger. He/she has observed OC over the summer and the report is nothing but good news. Hope it translates to games.

Reaction Score
Omar has worked extremely hard this off season with former and current NBA players. I've seen it for myself. He's been shooting 800 shots a day and has been jumping out of the gym. He's ready for a banner year. I know that KO has been utterly surprised and impressed with the shape that Omar has came in. He's ready and will start as a Senior captain.

#MoredelusionalthanRutgersAl

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
#cokedreams

Is that a common response around basketball boards? Because it's the first time I've seen it, and I thought it was funny.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Is Omar not healthy right now? I've seen him walking around and he seems fine...but being good to walk around and being basketball ready can be two different stories...In regards to him starting this year I'm not going to say you are completely delusional (just mostly) but it will be a great thing for the team if he even contends for a starting spot. I was thinking that we have 6 guys that could potentially start but if I'm hearing 7...obviously that's better. As if I wasn't already pumped for this season. Student ticket lottery is supposed to be this week.

Reaction Score
Omar is doing just fine. Has worked extremely hard. He will be ready for a banner season. Like I said, he will have a big time Senior campaign. Will be a starter and will average around 20ppg

Reaction Score
I remember back during the fall of 2013 when I declared Omar the best NBA prospect on the roster. Aside from this being a sign that I don't know what I'm talking about, it really demonstrates how significant his fall has been.

Certainly, he was nowhere close to healthy as a sophomore, and as a junior, he didn't play until, IIRC, the Duke game. I also remember reports from Duffy (or maybe it was Borges) during the summer of 2012 raving about how Omar was destroying practices, hanging with Kemba in one on one games, etc. If, somehow, he can return to pre-college health, that would be exciting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's funny how one shot can shape a career or a season. Bazz' shot against Florida was huge for him and the team. It helped burnish his clutch credentials in spectacular fashion as well as getting a win that showed UConn could compete with the best. But just 2 games later, Omar had his shot. A wide open 3 that would have beat Stanford. Now it wasn't the best of set-ups, he wasn't expecting Bazz to shuttle him the ball like a hot potato with virtually no time on the clock. But it was makeable and I wonder if that shot goes in that things might have broken better for Omar to this point.

Reaction Score
I remember back during the fall of 2013 when I declared Omar the best NBA prospect on the roster. Aside from this being a sign that I don't know what I'm talking about, it really demonstrates how significant his fall has been.

Certainly, he was nowhere close to healthy as a sophomore, and as a junior, he didn't play until, IIRC, the Duke game. I also remember reports from Duffy (or maybe it was Borges) during the summer of 2012 raving about how Omar was destroying practices, hanging with Kemba in one on one games, etc. If, somehow, he can return to pre-college health, that would be exciting.

Duffy said after watching Omar in the summer of 2012 in workouts he thought he would become their best player at some point in the season.

Reaction Score
I hope the best for Omar, but at this point in his career I think it's best if Omar is a seldom used bench player. Major minutes from Omar most likely means the other guys aren't as good as we hoped. As always, we will see.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Omar is doing just fine. Has worked extremely hard. He will be ready for a banner season. Like I said, he will have a big time Senior campaign. Will be a starter and will average around 20ppg

I really can't see this happening, but would have mixed feelings if it did. One the one hand, I'd be thrilled for Omar because I'd love to see him succeed and recapture the bright future he once seemed to have. On the other hand, if we were relying on that kind of production out of him, it would mean that several other guys on the team would be seriously underperforming.

Reaction Score
I'd be thrilled if Omar had those numbers. It seems pessimistic to think that would only mean other guys are under-performing. It could just mean Omar is that good and outplays other really good players - which is the scenario I think everyone would love to see. Hypothetically, of course. 20 ppg is quite a bit lofty, but vast improvements are always welcome.

I hope the best for Omar, but at this point in his career I think it's best if Omar is a seldom used bench player. Major minutes from Omar most likely means the other guys aren't as good as we hoped. As always, we will see.
I really can't see this happening, but would have mixed feelings if it did. One the one hand, I'd be thrilled for Omar because I'd love to see him succeed and recapture the bright future he once seemed to have. On the other hand, if we were relying on that kind of production out of him, it would mean that several other guys on the team would be seriously underperforming.

Reaction Score

Don't give up hope. He will prove everyone wrong. In my eyes, he's still the best pro prospect on the team and one of the best shooters in the Country. He will still be an NBA draft pick. He's been looking fantastic this off season and is a projected starter pursuant to inside sources. He's been jumping out of the gym and shooting a tremendous amount of shots on the shooting gun. His quickness is back and he's trimmed and toned up nicely. Definitely a pro body. Watch out! Here comes Omar!

Reaction Score
Don't give up hope. He will prove everyone wrong. In my eyes, he's still the best pro prospect on the team and one of the best shooters in the Country. He will still be an NBA draft pick. He's been looking fantastic this off season and is a projected starter pursuant to inside sources. He's been jumping out of the gym and shooting a tremendous amount of shots on the shooting gun. His quickness is back and he's trimmed and toned up nicely. Definitely a pro body. Watch out! Here comes Omar!
Omar, you're posts are so enthusiastic. Keep em coming!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I've told this story before, but I'll repeat it again because it seems relevant. I went to an open practice during our national championship season two years ago. It was very tame, I'm sure, but Ollie addressed us a few times and at the end of practice, he thanked us for coming and let the fans come onto the court for pictures, autographs, etc. The players were all great, but Omar went out of his way to say hello to just about everyone; I hung back from the court because I didn't have kids to introduce to the players and would've felt a little weird just walking up to them by myself, but Omar came right up into the stands and said hello to everyone and shook all of our hands. This was right in the middle of that stretch where he was really struggling, barely seeing the court, and hearing it from the fans. I'll always root hard for the kid after seeing that,

Reaction Score
I've told this story before, but I'll repeat it again because it seems relevant. I went to an open practice during our national championship season two years ago. It was very tame, I'm sure, but Ollie addressed us a few times and at the end of practice, he thanked us for coming and let the fans come onto the court for pictures, autographs, etc. The players were all great, but Omar went out of his way to say hello to just about everyone; I hung back from the court because I didn't have kids to introduce to the players and would've felt a little weird just walking up to them by myself, but Omar came right up into the stands and said hello to everyone and shook all of our hands. This was right in the middle of that stretch where he was really struggling, barely seeing the court, and hearing it from the fans. I'll always root hard for the kid after seeing that,

I like being introduced to the compliance team before practice starts. You must have just missed Marielle Vangelder. If not mistaken she left for UNC in 2013 (I think). She seemed like a really nice person.

Reaction Score
Your nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer